Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Man...Boldin and Fitz on the same team just isn't fair...period. They need to lock that up. Any QB can be successful with that...problem is if you eat up 25 million in cap space for 2 positions that's pretty rough. I think one of them is going to have to end up somewhere else. They are both legit #1 WRs and the Cards are about to have to dole out a lot of cash. They've got a lot of talent, just not a unit that can win games. They need to work on that...
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:39 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Man...Boldin and Fitz on the same team just isn't fair...period. They need to lock that up. Any QB can be successful with that...problem is if you eat up 25 million in cap space for 2 positions that's pretty rough. I think one of them is going to have to end up somewhere else. They are both legit #1 WRs and the Cards are about to have to dole out a lot of cash. They've got a lot of talent, just not a unit that can win games. They need to work on that...
Boldin seems like the type of guy who would take a minor pay cut to stay here, I'm not saying anything less than 7 mill but he seems to love Arizona and the direction that we are heading

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Boldin seems like the type of guy who would take a minor pay cut to stay here, I'm not saying anything less than 7 mill but he seems to love Arizona and the direction that we are heading
His production proves otherwise, If he keeps playing at the level he is playing now, and being the captain of the team, he's going to have to make at least 10 million per year, and even 12 would be cheap for him...Cards have the best 1-2 wr combo in the league in my opinion when both guys are fully healthy, but neither one is really a #2 wr, both are #1 guys, young, and the market will demand they get paid like it. I guess Arizona had to make that decision if they want to dish out 30 million per year for two wrs...But its highly unlikely both guys retire their, they both arent even on the biggest contract they will get in their careers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:44 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAttack View Post
So I guess "decent" is a step up over the "piss poor" assesment you gave earlier?

So now your disputing what calibur of prospect Matt Leinart was? Wow. You have got to be freakin' kidding me?! He was the top QB prospect in the draft. There is no disputing how he was regarded.

I said decent at best. Not the same thing as calling someone decent. And yes, I am disputing the calibur of prospect he was. Many scouts did that as well. The fact that he was your #1 QB means nothing at all.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What would you guys think of this trade

Fitzgerald & pick #16 for the Aso & pick #3-5, of course both would have to sign contract extensions but i think this deal would benefit both sides immensely

The Cardinals would finally have a shutdown corner which would allow Pendergast to use all his exotic blitzes and with the pick they could choose someone like McFadden or Gholston to fill another big need, the extra cap space would probably allow them to sign Bryant Johnson to an extensions as well.

The Raiders would get a big play WR for Russell to grow with and with the pick they could either take the best offensive lineman available(Clady, Otah or Williams) or the best DT available (Dorsey, if he falls, or Balmer) Plus we know how much Davis loves his big play WR's

Old 02-14-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
needled24_7
Rookie

needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
What would you guys think of this trade

Fitzgerald & pick #16 for the Aso & pick #3-5, of course both would have to sign contract extensions but i think this deal would benefit both sides immensely

The Cardinals would finally have a shutdown corner which would allow Pendergast to use all his exotic blitzes and with the pick they could choose someone like McFadden or Gholston to fill another big need, the extra cap space would probably allow them to sign Bryant Johnson to an extensions as well.

The Raiders would get a big play WR for Russell to grow with and with the pick they could either take the best offensive lineman available(Clady, Otah or Williams) or the best DT available (Dorsey, if he falls, or Balmer) Plus we know how much Davis loves his big play WR's
raiders get a big reliable target for russell and a mid first, and cardinals get a shut down corner, a top 5 draft pick, and i think johnson could be a good #2 with boldin as the #1.

if that happened and the cardinals got a top 5 draft pick who do you think they would pick? mcfadden? or maybe gholston to be their edge rusher
Old 02-14-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by needled24_7 View Post
raiders get a big reliable target for russell and a mid first, and cardinals get a shut down corner, a top 5 draft pick, and i think johnson could be a good #2 with boldin as the #1.

if that happened and the cardinals got a top 5 draft pick who do you think they would pick? mcfadden? or maybe gholston to be their edge rusher
I think it most likely be one of the two, if McFadden isn't picked by the Falcons or if someone like the Cowboys doesn't try to trade up and grab him, he would be my #1 option

Old 02-14-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

is that a realistic possibility or just a trade you concocted?
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
is that a realistic possibility or just a trade you concocted?
I suppose the latter although I dont mind the deal.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

just a trade i concocted, but it makes since to me

Old 02-14-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

yea, it makes sense, just wondering if you had a bit of insider info living in AZ...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
yea, it makes sense, just wondering if you had a bit of insider info living in AZ...
I get a bit of Suns inside information but i don't know anyone who works with the Cardinals

Old 02-14-2008, 06:25 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OMFG please come to the titans
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote