Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-26-2006, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default DPOTY Debate; Bailey or Taylor?

Honestly, I want to see where everyone stands on this. This is a very interesting decision that will be made.
  • For Champ Bailey, he's had his best personal year, by far his best season with the Broncos. He has nine interceptions, an inordinate amount have come in the red zone to stop opposing scoring drives. It's hard to imagine a corner having a better season than this. Although the last time a Corner won the award it was Deion Sanders and Rod Woodson back to back in '93 and '94. Unlike Taylor, his team is going to make the post-season, which may have an effect.
  • For Jason Taylor, he too, has had a phenomenal season. He has 13.5 sacks, which is good but not great, what makes his numbers look special is the two interceptions for touchdowns and the nine forced fumbles. He has been dominant, and has single handidly won games, which is the corner stone by which defensive awards are usually won.

I believe this could be a very nice discussion. I could definitely see both sides of the discussion. Thoughts?

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 02:48 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Jason Taylor should win it, but I think Champ Bailey will win it.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 02:56 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

this is a tough decision. every time i think of a reason for taylor to get it, i think of a play bailey made that was equally amazing and important to his team. the fact that almost every single one of his interceptions was within the 2 yard line is ridiculous. the fact that he's shut down literally every WR he's covered and that he's been our best player in run defense on a team with some amazing linebackers is incredible.

i don't see how you could go wrong with either guy. in my opinion (and if i ran the world), they'd be one first place vote apart either way.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

Taylor deserves it, but Champ will likely win it cause his team is likely headed to the playoffs while we are sitting on our ass at 6-9. Either way, both are great players and teams would kill to get those two.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 03:04 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Champ Bailey is amazing and the best CB in the league. What he has done this season has been amazing. But Jason Taylor has been just ridiculous this season. 4 in the league in sacks, 11 forced turnovers, 2 picks for TDs, around 60 tackles, and has been extremely consistent, getting at least one sack in 11 games this year.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 03:12 PM    (permalink

the loser should get on the madden cover.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a Patriots fan and to see how he played against NE, there is no way Taylor should not win it. In every Dolphins game I've seen this season, you hear his name called out by the announcers on almost every play because he's always making plays. Other teams have to change there game plans around him.

I haven't seen much of Bailey the second half of the season but the was dominant the 1st half. Taylor deserves it IMO.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 03:22 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
I think Jason Taylor should win it, but I think Champ Bailey will win it.
Kinda how I feel, although I think JT has a good chance anyways.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think champ would be a great choice and HE IS AVOIDED.....and still has 9 ints and 20+ pd.....80+ tackles....he has already had the most redzone INTS in a year with 6 all comming in the 20 or less.....he has played against some of the best in thegame.....Moss,Johnson,Harrison,Holt and he had locked them all down
Old 12-26-2006, 04:12 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Julius Peppers

But I dunno, both those guys are deserving. Any chance at a co-DPOY this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only Bailey votes are me and the three Broncos fans.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 04:37 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
I voted Bailey.

How many picks does he have inside the one yard line? I remember them showing it but I wasn't really focusing.
jetsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 04:38 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
i haven't voted yet
Old 12-26-2006, 06:09 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Champ

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 06:11 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
i haven't voted yet
Lol me neither.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-26-2006, 06:14 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

81 tackles 9 ints..i would vote Bailey..hes shut down his half COMPLETLY. i saw Moss beat him once but out of like 6-7 Bronco games i've watched..Champ has been amazing
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 06:19 PM    (permalink
dRaFtDoRk
Veteran

dRaFtDoRk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think its closer than what people think between the two. Champ Bailey leads the league in interceptions and is tied for the lead in passes deflected. He is really has solidified himself as the best corner in the game and then some. The thing I really like about Champ Bailey is that he has taught a lot of things to other corners like Darrent Williams and Dominique Foxworth and Karl Paymah. If you watch a Bronco game or two, you can tell that Darrent Williams is learning a lot of things from Champ.

Jason Taylor, although 32 is having a career year. He has 13.5 sacks(4th in the league), 9 forced fumbles(1st in league), 2 INT's, 2 defensive TD's(tied for lead). He is the most versatile defensive lineman this year and has really stepped up for the Dolphins.

Jason Taylor wins it.
dRaFtDoRk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 06:29 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk
I think its closer than what people think between the two. Champ Bailey leads the league in interceptions and is tied for the lead in passes deflected. He is really has solidified himself as the best corner in the game and then some. The thing I really like about Champ Bailey is that he has taught a lot of things to other corners like Darrent Williams and Dominique Foxworth and Karl Paymah. If you watch a Bronco game or two, you can tell that Darrent Williams is learning a lot of things from Champ.

Jason Taylor, although 32 is having a career year. He has 13.5 sacks(4th in the league), 9 forced fumbles(1st in league), 2 INT's, 2 defensive TD's(tied for lead). He is the most versatile defensive lineman this year and has really stepped up for the Dolphins.

Jason Taylor wins it.
:? Like what? Darrent Williams is awful.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 07:13 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

i find it interesting that the arguments for taylor boil down to "he has some great stats and did some big things for his team". this is funny because you could literally, in every one of those statements, replace jason taylor with champ bailey and insert the relevant stats. i don't believe you can make any obvious distinction between the two.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Dolphins are going to finish 6-10, that's reason enough for me to want to give the award to someone else, former Zip or not.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
The Dolphins are going to finish 6-10, that's reason enough for me to want to give the award to someone else, former Zip or not.

Sadly, the voters will likely do just that and vote for someone who is in the playoffs and doesn't deserve it as much as JT does.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:53 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Quote:

Sadly, the voters will likely do just that and vote for someone who is in the playoffs and doesn't deserve it as much as JT does.
says the dolphins fan... :roll:
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Quote:

I can play that game too. I can do the same because you think Champ deserves it more.

Say what you want, but JT deserves it more. Just like how you think Champ deserves it more. Both are great players, but every Phins game I saw JT was always making plays and he did it at a consistant basis.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:21 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Quote:

I can play that game too. I can do the same because you think Champ deserves it more.

Say what you want, but JT deserves it more. Just like how you think Champ deserves it more. Both are great players, but every Phins game I saw JT was always making plays and he did it at a consistant basis.
Im pretty much equal to both champ and jason,which is why I didn't vote.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 08:23 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Quote:

Same with Champ though. I think they're both EQUALLY deserving, but the fact that Denver will most likely make the playoffs means he might win it. Whether he deserves it or not is debatable, as Denver is more talented than Miami, and one player on a defense can't single handedly win many games, maybe once every few years for the great ones.

Quote:
Quote: