Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bears cut Moose, extend Alex Brown.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

This is questionable for its own thread, but Moose could be a solid #2 for some team, and I think this increases the chances we tag Berrian (Angelo recently said they had not ruled it out).

You've got to think this increases the chances they look at Marty Booker as well.

The extension of Alex Brown is a bit of a suprise, but I guess that answers the questions about him being trade bait.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually come to think of it I wonder if the Panthers don't take a look at Moose for a one-year deal similar to what they did with Keyshawn.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:16 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not surprised we kept Brown. I am surprised at the extension, which is a strong message to Mark Anderson after his struggles last year.

Booker looks like a more likely possibility now as the solid veteran to help out the younger guys.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I'm not surprised we kept Brown. I am surprised at the extension, which is a strong message to Mark Anderson after his struggles last year.

Booker looks like a more likely possibility now as the solid veteran to help out the younger guys.
WOW! Great news! No diss to Moose but he just wasn't living up to expectations. Best of luck to him. ALso its nice to have Brown as run support. Now hopefully we can do something with Berrian and Briggs. I want both of these guys to remain here. *crossing fingers*
Old 02-18-2008, 03:21 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Actually come to think of it I wonder if the Panthers don't take a look at Moose for a one-year deal similar to what they did with Keyshawn.
They need to jump on this. Moose is one guy who I know will be fine with Smtih, because Smith credits Moose with a lot of the success he has had. The familiarity with Delhomme is also very good.

As long as he can be a guy who can make a play every five plays, he will be perfect. We just need someone else who can be a reliable number two. If Jarrett or someone else decides to step up then that is a plus.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't rule out the 49ers making a big push for Moose or Booker.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats the chances the bears draft a WR in the 2nd? They have problems on the line and at QB

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Whats the chances the bears draft a WR in the 2nd? They have problems on the line and at QB
From the mouth (or keyboard) of our great leader.

With Bernard Berrian scheduled to become a free agent, do you expect the Bears will re-sign him or maybe place the franchise tag on him?

Jay
Billings, Montana

We haven’t gotten to determining anything on tags. We’d certainly like to have Bernard back, and I’ll leave it at that.

With Muhsin Muhammad not getting any younger and Bernard Berrian possibly exiting via free agency, do you see the Bears choosing a wide receiver in the first three rounds of the draft?

Jerry
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I’m not going to rule out wide receiver, but until we know Bernard’s future, we can’t say for sure in any round.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:16 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I don't see the fit with Martz for either guy in all honesty. Booker is a bit better, so maybe there, but eh. They have secondary receivers. They need a lead guy, IMO, which I don't see Moose or Booker as.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Oh goodness I hope not. I think we've had enough of those type of receivers the last five years.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Looking at everything else that has happened this is probably the best move I've seen so far this off season. I like Alex Brown a lot more than Mark Anderson. Brown is much better in a starters role than Anderson is.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So unless we sign Bernard Berrian we're going into the draft with a big need at receiver.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:34 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uh, team forum?
Old 02-18-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Uh, team forum?

Moose is a big enough name to have a thread in the main room IMO.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotr...release-d.html

Bears released Darwin Walker and Fred Miller as well. Both were guarantees to happen.

Walker should create a little buzz on the market as a situational interior pass-rusher.

Fred Miller will likely retire.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Uh, team forum?

Moose is still a pretty big name in the NFL, even if he has fallen off.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dammit I wanted Brown.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote