Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 02-15-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Falcons Mock Draft

ROUND 1
Jake Long OT
I know most people want or think we will draft Matt Ryan but to me I don't think he's worth a top 5 pick or top 5 money. Long would be a step in the right direction to make our O-line good enough to protect our future/franchise QB.

ROUND 2A
Philip Wheeler ILB
I think that the Falcons will cut Keith and if we do then we really need a ILB to take over and hopefully start for years to come. Even if we don't cut Keith we still need a young ILB to take over soon.

ROUND 2(from Houston)
John Carlson TE
Since we did cut Alge Crumpler we REALLY need a TE to take over and be a reliable target for our QB of the future.

ROUND 3
Ray Rice HB
We already have Jerious Norwood but we need a power back to compliment him. Rice isn't the fastest or strongest back but he's very reliable and would be nice to see running along side Norwood. I wouldn't mind seeing Matt Forte or Kevin Smith here but i personally like Rice.

ROUND 3(compensation for Kerney)
Marcus Griffin S
I think we need a young S to learn to play for the future since we probably gonna cut Milloy and wont have Crocker for much longer. I was considering putting Craig Steltz here but i like Griffin better.

ROUND 4
Josh Johnson QB
I LOVE this guy. We really need a QB to groom for the future and Josh could learn behind a guy like Redman to be our future. I also wouldn't mind Colt Brennan or Dennis Dixon.

ROUND 5
Frank Okam DT
I think we need another young DT to team up with Babs. Now that Coleman is gone then we could start Okam and let him grow. Or we could sign a guy like Grady and let Okam learn the position and take over next year.

ROUND 6
Art Comody K
We need a Kicker. Plain and simple. Brandon Coutu would be nice here too.

ROUND 7
Jayson Foster WR
SPEED! he could be our kick/punt returner and be very dangerous doing it. He could also maybe learn the WR position and be a nice compliment to Roddy and Jenkins.

ROUND 7(from Pitt.)
Marcus Howard DE
I dont know if he'll fall this low but if he does then i hope we get him. Abraham can't play along side Anderson forever and Howard could take over sooner or later.

what you guys think?

Last edited by Geo : 02-15-2008 at 07:23 PM.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bold is done like this...

[
b]

[b
/]

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Johnson and Okam will go before that...but if they don't...that's nice...I don't know why we'd bring Griffin in, unless we don't think Jimmy is going to play.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
BNad
Rookie

BNad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What are we doing about QB in this scenario? FA? I couldn't feel less confident with Harrington out there. With a new staff, I don't want to see Redman running a different offense for us. I'm a Georgia homer, but even I can't justify Shockley... yet. :)

Howard isn't a big dude, I would really only want him if I was running 3-4 as an OLB. Oh, and give me Coutu!
BNad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rice isn't any where near the type of running back we need...

This mock is horrible. You only drafted one offensive lineman. Lord knows we'll need more than that considering the average age of our linemen, and Frank Okam is not the long-term answer for the problem.
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be fine with Ray Rice. He can carry the load, is powerful, and is a big play threat despite not amazing speed.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:03 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Yeah, Rice is plenty powerful enough to complement Norwood. But I can't see us leaving QB until the 4th round...
Old 02-17-2008, 10:33 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libid21 View Post
Rice isn't any where near the type of running back we need...

This mock is horrible. You only drafted one offensive lineman. Lord knows we'll need more than that considering the average age of our linemen, and Frank Okam is not the long-term answer for the problem.
I disagree with you, Rice is a stud back, and can be exactly what we need. His short stocky build allows him to run with power, no, he's not going to hit a homerun like Norwood...but guess what...that's why we have 2 backs.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:22 AM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need a POWER back, and Ray Rice isn't exactly a bruiser. He might run hard, but that doesn't make him anymore powerful. Someone like Matt Forte or Jehuu Caulcrick would make sense. Rice + Norwood doesn't exactly fit what Mularkey had in Pittsburgh with Bettis + whoever that speedster was.
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:19 AM    (permalink
Mr. Myogi
Rookie

Mr. Myogi hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like it! If we could come out of the draft with 75% of this mock, I will renew my tickets for next year. I would love to see us somehow get Forte, though! He's a beast!!!!

*********"Wax on, Wax off Danielson"**********
Mr. Myogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We need a POWER back, and Ray Rice isn't exactly a bruiser. He might run hard, but that doesn't make him anymore powerful. Someone like Matt Forte or Jehuu Caulcrick would make sense. Rice + Norwood doesn't exactly fit what Mularkey had in Pittsburgh with Bettis + whoever that speedster was.
But who says that was perfect? Why couldn't we use our big $$$ FB as our short yardage/Bettis guy? We could...Rice can be our primary RB and Norwood could be our "whoever that speedster" Willie Parker.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a big fan of Ray Rice. I think he is underrated, and I would rather have him than Felix Jones or Jamaal Charles.

Shiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He might run hard, but that doesn't make him anymore powerful.
Marion Barber would disagree.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

All great backs have 1 thing in common, no matter if they are power backs, speed backs or whatever you want to classify them as...their legs never stop churning.