Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2006, 06:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sik wit it
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpapa4490
I'm watching NFL live and the bottom line said if N.Y. and G.B win then G.B gets in because of strengh of victory. Someone help me out here.
Not really. You would need like 4-5 games to fall a certain way. Basically if the Giants win, you'll need a miracle.
no then we just need another 7-8 team to win to create a three way tie
No, that's if the Giants lose and the Rams win. If the Giants win and you win, you'll need to win in the strength of victory, which would require about 5-6 different things all happening.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 07:02 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is from brett favre's official website...
Quote:
Brett Favre will make his decision if he will return after he receives his surgery. Favre is expected to have the surgery in Green Bay immediately after the Packers complete there season. He will return home and evaluate the success of the surgery and come to a final decision with his family.
good to know the packers will know his future rigth away this season.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 08:20 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also here is somthing interesting on manuel that i saw some one say........

Quote:
Aside from a few blown coverages due to S miscommunication, Manuel has stepped up his play this year for us and like Collins on the other side of the field, he has made plays when it counts.

Last year he posted in 16 games these Totals in a good Seahawks Secondary.

Tackles: 71
Solo: 58
Ast: 13
Sck: 0
FF: 1
FR: 1
INT: 0
DefTD: 0
PD: 2

This year in so far 15 games he has posted these stats:

Tackles: 80-Career High
Solo: 62-Career High
Ast: 18-Career High
Sck: 0
FF: 0
FR: 0
INT: 1-Career High
DefTD: 1 Career High
PD: 1

He has not been used but frequently in blitz packages, but hes been stout against the run. Manuel as we know inst the Turnover Machine, but he makes key play nonetheless.
anyone agree??

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 12-27-2006, 11:29 PM    (permalink
jpapa4490
Rookie

jpapa4490 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

But manuel didn't start for the seahawks the entire year so it's kinda hard to come to any conclusion.
jpapa4490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 12:07 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
But manuel didn't start for the seahawks the entire year so it's kinda hard to come to any conclusion.
are you sure? i thought he got hurt in the playoffs?

they get smoked.

Old 12-28-2006, 12:17 AM    (permalink
SterlingSharpe

Manuel needs to be upgraded next season. For sure.
Michael Lewis in FA from Philly, or draft LaRon Landry from LSU.

He was not a starter last season in Philly, only because Ken Hamlin almost got killed and was out.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:26 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingSharpe
Manuel needs to be upgraded next season. For sure.
Michael Lewis in FA from Philly, or draft LaRon Landry from LSU.

He was not a starter last season in Philly, only because Ken Hamlin almost got killed and was out.
Micheal Lewis isn't even starting in philly, he isn't very good anymore.

I like the idea of drafting either Landry or Nelson with our first pick.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:07 PM    (permalink
jpapa4490
Rookie

jpapa4490 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
are you sure? i thought he got hurt in the playoffs?
He did, but he filled in for hamlin after he got in a bar fight or sumthin.
jpapa4490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Manuel started most of the season last year for the Seahawks.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:03 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

cheesehead10790 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Our defense (other than woodson) is young and will be good in a couple years. I dont really want to use our first rounder on defense again. Ahman is on his way out. I like Marshawn Lynch out of Cal for our #1. Or maybe if were super lucky AD will fall to us.

^tek
cheesehead10790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Defense wins championships. It may even coax Favre to stick around with knowing that his defense could actually create turnovers and keep them in games.

We have secondary issues and it's more pressing than our running back situation.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:26 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim
Defense wins championships. It may even coax Favre to stick around with knowing that his defense could actually create turnovers and keep them in games.

We have secondary issues and it's more pressing than our running back situation.
Ya i understand that. But its not that we dont have the components to have a great defense, its that they are all young. They will be good with time.

However, offense is getting old with Favre and Green in the backfield. I want Favre back but let Green go or maybe a sign and trade deal.

^tek
Old 12-28-2006, 03:43 PM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

sik wit it smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead10790
Quote:

Ya i understand that. But its not that we dont have the components to have a great defense, its that they are all young. They will be good with time.

However, offense is getting old with Favre and Green in the backfield. I want Favre back but let Green go or maybe a sign and trade deal.
i'd let green stick around one more year because he has shown he still has it
Old 12-28-2006, 04:02 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Our defense (other than woodson) is young and will be good in a couple years. I dont really want to use our first rounder on defense again. Ahman is on his way out. I like Marshawn Lynch out of Cal for our #1. Or maybe if were super lucky AD will fall to us.
Harris is older, and Woodson is only 30.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:18 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well idk about that. He has no explosion. He is fine if we need to grind it out and waste time, but he never rips runs over 20 yards like he used to. Lynch is explosive and should be available for us at our pick between 15-25.

^tek
Old 12-28-2006, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well idk about that. He has no explosion. He is fine if we need to grind it out and waste time, but he never rips runs over 20 yards like he used to. Lynch is explosive and should be available for us at our pick between 15-
I don't think you're looking for the term "explosion," rather, speed.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:31 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well idk about that. He has no explosion. He is fine if we need to grind it out and waste time, but he never rips runs over 20 yards like he used to. Lynch is explosive and should be available for us at our pick between 15-
No i mean like if you watch a dive play, instead of lowering his head and driving through, he just kinda falls on the pile. It seems of the hole isnt there, he doesnt try.

^tek
Old 12-28-2006, 05:47 PM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No i mean like if you watch a dive play, instead of lowering his head and driving through, he just kinda falls on the pile. It seems of the hole isnt there, he doesnt try.
it seems that is morency's job. Green for power, Morency for breaking one.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:26 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

it seems that is morency's job. Green for power, Morency for breaking one.
ya but neither are really playmakers at this point. Morency may improve, but right now i see him as only a third down or change of pace back.
and like cheesehead wrote, Green isnt able to get big 20 yard gains like he used to. He cant make his own holes, which i think Lynch can do.

IMO a playmaking offensive player is our biggest need in the offseason. We need someone esle that can score consistently other than Driver.

Manuel was bad at the start of the season, but the last few weeks he hasnt played that bad. I dont think our safety need in the offseason is that big, especially with the young depth there. I dont want to see a 1st ound pick spent on a safety this year.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 09:13 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm kind of moving away from safety again too. Manuel gives up some big plays but he's not as terrible as we make him out to be. Then Culver has'nt been anything special but he's been ok. And Underwood comes back. He was making great progress before he got hurt and was pushing to start.

I have changed my mind on who I want in the draft so many times as we have many needs but they are all about equally needed. I think we can get by on Green/Morency for another year but it might be best to go Lynch.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:16 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
I'm kind of moving away from safety again too. Manuel gives up some big plays but he's not as terrible as we make him out to be. Then Culver has'nt been anything special but he's been ok. And Underwood comes back. He was making great progress before he got hurt and was pushing to start.

I have changed my mind on who I want in the draft so many times as we have many needs but they are all about equally needed. I think we can get by on Green/Morency for another year but it might be best to go Lynch.
I'd perfer lynch most myself
Old 12-28-2006, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Ahman Green hasn't had the blocking to break big runs, for whatever reason, if you look at the replays on the few 20 yarders Morency had he's had a linemen or two getting into the secondary where he only has to evade one or two tacklers at the most.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:10 AM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

Marshawn had a decent showing in his Holiday bowl game against A&M. 20 rushes for 114 yards, two touchdowns(2,2). 3 receptions for 17 yards.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:22 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

Quote:
Marshawn had a decent showing in his Holiday bowl game against A&M. 20 rushes for 114 yards, two touchdowns(2,2). 3 receptions for 17 yards.
And that was against a decent team too. Lynch is a gamebreaker. We need somebody like him. Id rather have AD but we dont have a shot at him now.

^tek
Old 12-29-2006, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Alright. QUICK POLL.

We're sitting there in the first round and...

Marshawn Lynch and LaRon Landry are both still available. Who do you select?

I go with Landry.