Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2008, 05:12 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2008/02/20/1/

Corey Williams got tagged, Franks was released. Suprising...
Good for Corey! As far as Bubba goes, he was great early on and then lost it real quick but I wish him the best of luck

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Please God Give Us Brandon Flowers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsMNyu77Ld8

for god sake i saw him on NFLTA, saw him on ESPN, now on youtube

this kid is the real deal i think hes the next superstar

if god gives us him, i will FLIP THE F OUT
welcome, finally someone has seen the light
Old 02-20-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Flowers is who I want the most in the draft on the defensive side of the ball. I am just enamored with him, and think he would fit the defense perfectly.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Wow, surprised to see Franks cut, I was under the impression that we would take a major cap hit. Good move tagging Williams.
Yeah, that's the main reason I thought we'd keep him. I haven't seen anything on how much it's going to cost us yet.

I love to hear Williams is tagged. Now I'm for letting Cole walk, and having Pickett, Jolly, Williams, Harrell, and Muir, in that order.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

I'm big fan of Corey. Of course he fits the Tampa 2 better so if a team offers us a good deal we should take it. For example the Bucs and Colts got late first rounders and could really use a DT that's in his prime and is a really good guy and player. A bad team wouldn't trade for him.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
I'm big fan of Corey. Of course he fits the Tampa 2 better so if a team offers us a good deal we should take it. For example the Bucs and Colts got late first rounders and could really use a DT that's in his prime and is a really good guy and player. A bad team wouldn't trade for him.
I think mid second is the best we can get if we do trade him.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Oh, and 5 bucks says the Vikings sign Franks. :p
Old 02-20-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

he's my 5th fave Cb, has some attitude probs

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Oh, and 5 bucks says the Vikings sign Franks. :p
Yeah, I've been thinking that for awhile too. Damn Green bay west over here.

Edit: Bubbas cap him with be 3 mil plus 500,000 roster bonus.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 02-20-2008 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Yeah, I've been thinking that for awhile too. Damn Green bay west over here.

Edit: I'm not too sure about Bubba cap hit... I think maybe 3 mil.... maybe a roster bonus as well.
Yeah it is because they aren't good at football either...(it's a joke to those who actually live in the area b/c Green Bay West High is awful at football)

Old 02-20-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's only 5'10", to play Woodson/Harris's position you need to be 6'0" minimum IMO.

(re: Flowers)

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

From what ive seen this year, between all of our safeties Rouse was the better in coverage by far and the organization knows it. TT made it clear that they needed to put this guy on the field. I dont even remember him getting beat in any of the games he started. His instincts are also way better than the others which allows him to make plays like he did this year. It doesnt matter, Bigby or collins out, Rouse is a starter next year.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad to see Williams tagged. I'd like to see him stick around for awhile so we can keep a strong rotation.

It's sad to see Bubba move on, but as a player he just doesn't cut it any more. Lee is a much better option, it'd be nice to see them get another playmaker TE in the draft to team up with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:08 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Assuming we don't trade him - a trade being speculation on my part - hopefully Corey can get some snaps at Kamp's spot on running downs.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
Assuming we don't trade him - a trade being speculation on my part - hopefully Corey can get some snaps at Kamp's spot on running downs.
Yeah, I liked when we did that. The injuries to Cole and Jolly put an end to it and Kampman's production fell a bit. I'd like to see it even more than we did when they were healthy too.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:52 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
He's only 5'10", to play Woodson/Harris's position you need to be 6'0" minimum IMO.

(re: Flowers)
Who cares how tall he is. I care if he can Jam well in press coverage, cornerstone of the packers cornerbacks.

they get smoked.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I think mid second is the best we can get if we do trade him.
Franchise tagged players net two first rounders in a trade.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Thats if a team tries to sign him

Old 02-20-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Who cares how tall he is. I care if he can Jam well in press coverage, cornerstone of the packers cornerbacks.
In that video that you were so in love with he never once jammed and his coverage wasn't too good. It was just him making big hits, and it looked like he was in zone a lot. I have some interest in him, but I wouldn't spend a first on him. He'd be a great fit for a cover two team, probably the best cover two corner in the draft. There are guys that fit what we run much better than Flowers does.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Thats if a team tries to sign him
That's correct, and there's no way a team's going to give up two firsts for Corey Williams. Like I said one second rounder, probably middle of the round, is the most we likely could get if we look to trade him.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:04 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2008/02/20/1/

Corey Williams got tagged, Franks was released. Suprising...
really? i didn't think it was all that surprising. Bubba moves like a turtle maybe more like a sloth and he isnt what he used to be. He was getting paid way to much to be a backup and they probably tried getting him to take a pay cut and he didn't want it so he got cut. You know the Packers wanted Williams and they tried getting a deal done and it didn't happen so he was tagged. I like both moves alot. Our D-line stays really deep which helps the secondary. I wouldnt rule out Williams getting traded but i wouldn't count on it I think the Packers really like what he offers and wont trade him unless its a really good deal. TT likes building with players we already have thats why many free agents havent been brought in while alot of our players have been resigned and giving new deals.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
In that video that you were so in love with he never once jammed and his coverage wasn't too good. It was just him making big hits, and it looked like he was in zone a lot. I have some interest in him, but I wouldn't spend a first on him. He'd be a great fit for a cover two team, probably the best cover two corner in the draft. There are guys that fit what we run much better than Flowers does.
What video was I in love with???

they get smoked.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's trade bait... I hope.
You can't solicit trades with franchised players. I'm not sure if teams can contact you, I'm assuming they can, but I know the Packers cannot make calls.

I don't remember the last time a franchised player has been traded, might be worth looking up.

Suprising move no doubt.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:27 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
You can't solicit trades with franchised players. I'm not sure if teams can contact you, I'm assuming they can, but I know the Packers cannot make calls.

I don't remember the last time a franchised player has been traded, might be worth looking up.

Suprising move no doubt.
I'd be willing to bet teams would inquire about Corey... Will they actually trade for him? That's a different story.

they get smoked.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:59 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

Suprising move no doubt.
Champ Bailey? I thought i saw someone post about it. I dont want to trade Williams. Next year, with Jolly and Cole back. Harrell in his 2nd TC, and the rest all back we will have a great Dline

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote