Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO he wont be traded. Unless we get offered a first then of course. MAYBE a second. I think hell play this year, have a good year next to Harris and be extended for a few more years.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
IMO he wont be traded. Unless we get offered a first then of course. MAYBE a second. I think hell play this year, have a good year next to Harris and be extended for a few more years.
I'm assuming you're a Jets fan. And if we get offered a second rounder, they'll jump all over that.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:15 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
chances of him extending even if he does stay this upcoming year is very slim

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
he won't extend, I can't imagine he's happy with the way he's performing right now in this system.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Man the 49ers are thinking about picking up Briggs...what if they also traded for Vilma?!...Nasty.

LOLB - Briggs
MLB - Vilma
ROLB - Willis

Maybe they should just get Vilma and make the 4-3 transformation complete. They can move Patrick Willis to ROLB and use him in a Derrick Brooks style, with his speed, he would be dominant. Plus Willis was flashing signs of being a good blitzer at the end of the year.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
he won't extend, I can't imagine he's happy with the way he's performing right now in this system.
i wouldn't say he'd be unhappy with how he's performing in the system, moreso than just unhappy with the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
Man the 49ers are thinking about picking up Briggs...what if they also traded for Vilma?!...Nasty.

LOLB - Briggs
MLB - Vilma
ROLB - Willis

Maybe they should just get Vilma and make the 4-3 transformation complete. They can move Patrick Willis to ROLB and use him in a Derrick Brooks style, with his speed, he would be dominant. Plus Willis was flashing signs of being a good blitzer at the end of the year.
i know you're saying 'what if' and are just dreaming, but there is absolutely no chance of that happening. Talk about a high cap number, especially on LBs

Quote:
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see the Saints trade for him.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see the Jets trade for a real nose tackle and see what Vilma can do in the 3-4 then.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I'm assuming you're a Jets fan. And if we get offered a second rounder, they'll jump all over that.
Looking from a fans view theyll jump all over a second. But Mangini really likes Vilma and would prefer to have him on the team IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
Thats with me thinking hell have a good/great year. If Vilma and Harris become the two beastly MLB's that we picture them as then I just cant picture them just letting him go.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I'd like to see the Jets trade for a real nose tackle and see what Vilma can do in the 3-4 then.
Ahtya Rubin in the second... Do it. Man was made for the 3-4.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Thats with me thinking hell have a good/great year. If Vilma and Harris become the two beastly MLB's that we picture them as then I just cant picture them just letting him go.
say by chance that that actually happens, then i wouldn't say it would be the Jets letting him go as much as him choosing not to come back. I just don't see what the Jets give him that he can't get better elsewhere to be frank with u. He was born and raised a 4-3 MLB, and i wouldn't blame him for going somewhere he can fill that role, and IMO excell.

Although i don't want to see him go, i am at the point that i think it would be best for both sides because i would love to see him live up to what i think he can be, and the Jets can get something valuable in return.

Obviously if he stays i'll be happy

Quote:
Old 02-23-2008, 02:50 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

awhile ago i read something off of google news that said look for the ravens go after Vilma in the offseason

but putting him in the 3-4 again would suck
then again Jets 3-4 & Ravens 3-4 are diffrent
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote