Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Guys are you kidding? Of course Thomas is playing LB. It was a knock on Roy Williams...saying Zach could probably play the position better!!!

haha...Maybe Roy has been so awful that some actually thought i was being serious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:56 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Guys are you kidding? Of course Thomas is playing LB. It was a knock on Roy Williams...saying Zach could probably play the position better!!!

haha...Maybe Roy has been so awful that some actually thought i was being serious.
IMO...he has played that bad.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great move by the Cowboys. They desperately need leadership on that team, and Thomas brings that. That team gets full of itself way too easily, Thomas will give them humble pie when they need it. They needed a blue collar leader like that on the team.

This most likely means also that Carp is done with the Cowboys. I felt they ruined his development by moving him around so much.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:55 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I had to spell that out to figure which curse word was that long.
************? One of my favorites.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This whole situation is messy. We're looking at several cuts and restructuring to get some cap relief. Zach's contract has a $1-2 million dollar base so, that leaves us w/ only $7-8 million in available funds...with a lot to sign yet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
This whole situation is messy. We're looking at several cuts and restructuring to get some cap relief. Zach's contract has a $1-2 million dollar base so, that leaves us w/ only $7-8 million in available funds...with a lot to sign yet.
I think we'll be fine. We're going to resign Hamlin, Canty and Barber for sure, so I'm sure that they know what they're doing...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
I think we'll be fine. We're going to resign Hamlin, Canty and Barber for sure, so I'm sure that they know what they're doing...
Well yeah, we'll re-sign them but, as of right now...we dont have the money to get everyone's deals done and sign two 1st rounders.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-23-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Well yeah, we'll re-sign them but, as of right now...we dont have the money to get everyone's deals done and sign two 1st rounders.
Are you including Flozell's contract in with those figures? This move probably means he will walk for sure, and there could still be some cuts that we dont know about yet...Im not sure how much of a hit we take if we cut Akin but im pretty sure he's going to be the odd man out of the equation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yea I think Akin is gone.....

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Saints should now trade for Bobby Carpenter & Vilma. LB corp solved!
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Exactly what I was thinking.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Bobby Carpenter was turning into a bust, in the eyes of the Dallas front office?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentN View Post
I thought Bobby Carpenter was turning into a bust, in the eyes of the Dallas front office?
bust in the 3-4, but could be the player he was supposed to be in a 4-3.

Honestly I think we should get rid of Akin and Carp and bring in a low cost FA for depth/special teams. James and Thomas starting with Burnett subbing in and playing in the nickel is plenty.

Keeping Akin costs too much and leaving Bobby buried on depth chart is a waste. I would take whatever we can get for Carpenter and cut Akin. That seems like the smartest move for Dallas to make.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 06:23 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bobby Carpenter isn't going to be cut...don't know why cowboys fans would think that...he is just going into his third year lets not get ahead of ourselves....if anyone's roster spot was in jeopardy it was Akin Ayodele.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

He wont be cut but, a trade is still a possibility. If the Cowboys opt to keep Akin which may be possible...who knows? This situation is rather cloudy...but, anyway if the do keep Akin...Bobby becomes the odd man out, we wont keep 5 ILBs.

It is also possible that Akin or Burnett could be traded to the Dolphins. Akin would be more likely but, Burnett is a FA at the end of the year so, that could be a possibility also. They should all be worried. Who knows what we're going to do?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-23-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bobby would probably act as a flex inside/outside if we choose to keep Akin...his special teams presence alone will keep him in dallas another year.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-23-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
That would be nice :)

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Sorry if my post wasn't clear but I intended to say Trade Carp and cut Akin.

The only reason I want to trade carp is because he wont be worth anything to anyone else if he sits on our bench for another year. We will basically have to cut him or take pennys for him.

At this point I am still hopeful that we could pry a 3rd out of someone for him, or package him with our first and/or other players to get someone that we like.

I think both can be good players on a 4-3 team, but Akin has no place here and Carp won't be anything more than a special teamer which is a waste of his talent and current value.

Thomas wont be around forever, maybe not even after this year, so I would look for us to extend Burnett. I think Thomas could be a great mentor for him and could set him up to be something special upon Thomas' retirement. He already shown flashes of what he could be, I just hope we tap into it more this year.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Oh well, would have been cool, there are other guys one hit away from being a vegetable we can go after...
Old 02-23-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Oh well, would have been cool, there are other guys one hit away from being a vegetable we can go after...

Derek Smith awaits your call
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:23 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

thats one amazing linebacker core there back ups can start WOW

DeMarcus Ware
Zach Thomas
Bradie James
Greg Ellis

Kevin Burnett
Akin Ayodele
Bobby Carpenter
Anthony Spencer
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:46 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Burnett plays WILB just fyi....have to believe Ayodele becomes a cap casualty along with Glenn...and Ferguson as an outside shot.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-24-2008, 02:46 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind brining Carpenter to the Packers and allowing him to play with Hawk again. Anyone to replace Poppinga would be good.

BTW do the Cowboys have a total of 5 first day pick invested into their LBers? wow.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:11 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post

DeMarcus Ware
Zach Thomas
Bradie James
Greg Ellis

Kevin Burnett
Akin Ayodele
Bobby Carpenter
Anthony Spencer
I think Spencer will take over for Ellis as the starter. Maybe Greg will remain the starter on paper, but I see Spencer getting the majority of the snaps...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:07 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post

DeMarcus Ware
Zach Thomas
Bradie James
Greg Ellis

Kevin Burnett
Akin Ayodele
Bobby Carpenter
Anthony Spencer

Too bad there is no NT up front to free those guys up :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote