Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-29-2006, 05:02 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default What's wrong with Philip Rivers?

Last 2 games:

8-23(34.8) 97 yards, 2 INT

10-30(33.3) 181 yards

They're winning despite him right now. If he doesn't pick it up, he could become the reason they don't win the super bowl. He's putting alot of pressure on LT and that defense, and eventually, someone(Most likely the Ravens) will contain LT and make Philip beat them. He won't be able to do it playing the way he is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

I'd take Rex Grossman at this present time. Call me crazy or call be dumb watch grossman win and rivers smell like dung.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Jango
Rookie

Jango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

He's just entering the phase where people know enough about him as a starter to limit him and his big play possibilities. IMO it's just a phase and he will snap out of it.

Having said that, he has still led his teams to wins and to the playoffs which was his goal at the beginning of the year. So even though lately he seems to be struggling, he still got the job done which is the number 1 priority.
Jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:38 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He got too much poontang which wore him out but I'm sure he'll bounce back fine. Guys adjust pretty well to getting the ladies and I'm sure little Rivers is now adjusted too.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:41 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule
He got too much poontang which wore him out but I'm sure he'll bounce back fine. Guys adjust pretty well to getting the ladies and I'm sure little Rivers is now adjusted too.
Wasn't he married with a kid before he was even drafted?

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:47 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
Quote:
Yup.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:59 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well first, he was a bit overrated in the middle of the season. Even in some of the games where Philip had good games statistically, he wasn't perfect and still showed some signs of his inexperience. Media praised his desisison making but he wasn't immune from making some bad desisions.

It takes him a while to get in rhythm. He's a rhythm passer and usually starts a game off slow. It's just the way he is. He's a little innacurate to start a game and it takes him a while to get used to the look that a defense is giving him.

Now for some of the things that aren't his fault, his WR corps has been dealing with injuries. McCardell, Parker and Floyd have spent time on the injured list. Parker has the most receptions of any Chargers wide reciever and is pretty reliable at getting open. Last week the Chargers dropped a lot of passes as well (at least five by my count including some uncharacteristic ones from LT)

Also, the playcalling hasn't helped him out. Early in the season the game plan was to get Rivers in rhythm early in the game by utilizing the short passing game and getting LT the ball on swing passes and screens. Lately Cameron has been electing to run alot of deep, low percentage pass plays early to open things up for LT. Case in point, LT has only 7 catches in the last five games and he's arguably the best/most dangerous recieving RB in the league.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:15 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
Quote:
Haven't you seen Any Given Sunday? Being married doesn't stop pro-athletes from getting poonanny.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 06:23 PM    (permalink

He's not Jay Cutler.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:28 PM    (permalink
bmoreravens5289
Rookie

bmoreravens5289 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Defenses are getting more game tape to study him with. He might also be getting worn down as this is his first season as a starter.

Sig by BuckNaked
Ravens
Baltimore Orioles
Maryland Terrapins
bmoreravens5289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 06:40 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
He's not Jay Cutler.

****** right!

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-29-2006, 06:58 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Believe it or not, it is not all his fault. Against KC he had a guy in his face almost every time he dropped back.

Seattle, well, what can you say, he was off on a bunch of passes. It was raining. He also had at least 5 drops; I counted at least 3 from Vincent Jackson and a couple more from LT and Lorenzo Neal. If he had been 15/30 with 2 tds, no ints, and the win, no one would be saying anything.

But he made the bomb at the end of KC to seal the victory with that field goal.

And he slapped Seattle in the face with another bomb at the end of the game.

This is the most important though:
Keenan is playing hurt, and he's ancient. Parker has been out. Floyd is gone. Teams are double and tripling Gates. Jackson has been his only reliable target lately, and Jackson has had several very successful games now.

Hell, we just signed Az Hakim off the compost heap and everybody is wondering "Why is Rivers' play going south?" To quote Mencia, "dee dee dee."

They aren't winning "in spite of" Rivers. They could be doing a lot better if he was in the zone the entire game, but Rivers is going out and winning the games. 13 of them so far.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 07:02 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Very good, all of you. Continue posting reasons.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-29-2006, 07:11 PM    (permalink
CM4
Rookie

CM4 CM4 CM4

He stepped up when he had to last week...10 of 30 for 2 tds, you forgot that stat cutler....

that last drive had 3 key passes in it i believe. I feel that Rivers will be fine in the playoffs as long as SD is at home, but if they lose sunday for some odd reason to AZ and they haev to travel, i feel the inexperience will hurt him.
CM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 07:13 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM4
He stepped up when he had to last week...10 of 30 for 2 tds, you forgot that stat cutler....

that last drive had 3 key passes in it i believe. I feel that Rivers will be fine in the playoffs as long as SD is at home, but if they lose sunday for some odd reason to AZ and they haev to travel, i feel the inexperience will hurt him.
I have my reasons. Just you wait.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-29-2006, 07:51 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

i'm a bit surprised no one has any idea why this was posted. fyi chris, if it devolves into what i believe it will, i'll have to lock it and direct people to the proper place for the responses. though you may want to add a poll so that you can back-reference it later.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:00 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i'm a bit surprised no one has any idea why this was posted. fyi chris, if it devolves into what i believe it will, i'll have to lock it and direct people to the proper place for the responses. though you may want to add a poll so that you can back-reference it later.
I understand. And good idea with the poll btw.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-29-2006, 08:05 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's wrong with him? Nothing really. Media overhyped him a bit earlier. He'll go through the normal growing pains, as will Tony Romo, of young QB's, but he has a strong cast around him. That said, relative to 2007, how he plays may determine how far they can go, so Chargers fans are hoping he can step it up a bit.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 08:33 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
I understand. And good idea with the poll btw.
I'm missing something.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:16 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice Chris. Mike Vick FTW

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen
Believe it or not, it is not all his fault. Against KC he had a guy in his face almost every time he dropped back.

Seattle, well, what can you say, he was off on a bunch of passes. It was raining. He also had at least 5 drops; I counted at least 3 from Vincent Jackson and a couple more from LT and Lorenzo Neal. If he had been 15/30 with 2 tds, no ints, and the win, no one would be saying anything.

Keenan is playing hurt, and he's ancient. Parker has been out. Floyd is gone. Teams are double and tripling Gates. Jackson has been his only reliable target lately, and Jackson has had several very successful games now.

Hell, we just signed Az Hakim off the compost heap and everybody is wondering "Why is Rivers' play going south?" To quote Mencia, "dee dee dee."

They aren't winning "in spite of" Rivers. They could be doing a lot better if he was in the zone the entire game, but Rivers is going out and winning the games. 13 of them so far.
... Why can't it just be Rivers Fault he's not playing well, how come he gets a "It's everyone elses fault" Free Pass?
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:26 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller
Quote:

... Why can't it just be Rivers Fault he's not playing well, how come he gets a "It's everyone elses fault" Free Pass?
Because it's a team game?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 01:43 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It's the Quarterback who makes the receivers and O-Line better. If he was doing his job, those receivers would be performing at a much higher level. Dropped passes mean he throws too hard, and inaccurately. They can't be winning with him, because his completion percentage is so horrible.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 02:17 AM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

cheesehead10790 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Quote:

It's the Quarterback who makes the receivers and O-Line better. If he was doing his job, those receivers would be performing at a much higher level. Dropped passes mean he throws too hard, and inaccurately. They can't be winning with him, because his completion percentage is so horrible.
I cant STAND that excuse.These pussies are getting paid millions of dollars and are then guna complain that the QB is throwing too hard??? No. that not how it works. Shut your mouth and catch the damn ball. Its your one and only job and its not that hard to do it. :x

Anyways, Philip's #1 receiver is McCardell who is old and hasnt caught a TD all year. Lets be fair, if he had a good #1 receiver his numbers would be way up.

^tek
cheesehead10790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 03:49 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller
Quote:

Because it's a team game?

Can everyone use that excuse?
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote