Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-29-2006, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite
I think Jason Taylor should get it. Its harder to do the things he does than it is for champ.
Corner is way harder to play than defensive end.
and to do what champ has done and teams really never test him...for him to have 20+ pd 9ints and prob. the best run support corner....i dont see how it is easier to do then play DE
Everyone knows the best run support CB is Jammer, god stop being such a homer. :D

Using the wonderlic to state that DE is harder to play than CB is ridiculous. CB is the hardest position to play other than QB.
I dunno, I think left tackle is harder than CB, by just a smidge.
Okay I'll give you that. But DE isn't up there IMO. That's why you see all these amazing rookie pass rushers, while corners take forever to develop.
exactly. look what 5th round pick mark anderson is doing in chicago, and meanwhile, there is no rookie cb making a comparable impact.
CB Jonathan Joseph of the Bengals has had a just as good if not better year than Mr. Unblocked Mark Anderson.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:17 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

^^^ fantastic post (the one defending kampman). i wouldn't have thought kampman should've even been mentioned, and while i think you've slotted him about right (4th or 5th), based on what you've got, he certainly deserves mention.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Yea i had Kampman on my big fantasy team. He always put it up
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:41 AM    (permalink
snobdmat
Veteran

snobdmat hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Merriman

taylor with the season hes having
Old 12-31-2006, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't really seen much of JT excpet on SC, so I can't really make a definitive decision on my part. However, from watching Champ this whole year, he is worthy of a DPOY. Is he worthier over JT? I dont' really know. But under normal circumstances is he worthy? Hell yes. Not sure if he will win it tho... the 4 game losing slide the Broncos took may really hurt his chances. We'll see tho.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 02:00 AM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i truely think bailey should get it, he's the best defensive player in the league, and is have the best season (i know many will argue with that one)
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 02:39 AM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jason Taylor should win it in my opinion. 9 forced fumbles. 9!?!!
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 09:10 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm bored so some head to head stats.

Tackles:
Champ- 81, Taylor-56
Sacks:
Taylor-13.5, Champ-0
Interceptions:
Champ- 9, Taylor-2
FF:
Taylor-9, Champ-0
Total turnovers:
Taylor-11, Champ-9
Pass defensed:
Champ-11, Taylor- 8
Touchdowns:
Taylor-2, Champ-0

Both are having great seasons, but looking at that is is hard to argue against Taylor. Has 2 more forced turnovers, 2 more touchdowns, almost as many PD when Taylor is a DE/OLB, then you had in 13.5 sacks for Taylor. I know it's now all about stats, but that's hard to argue against.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 11:59 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
I'm bored so some head to head stats.

Tackles:
Champ- 81, Taylor-56
Sacks:
Taylor-13.5, Champ-0
Interceptions:
Champ- 9, Taylor-2
FF:
Taylor-9, Champ-0
Total turnovers:
Taylor-11, Champ-9
Pass defensed:
Champ-11, Taylor- 8
Touchdowns:
Taylor-2, Champ-0

Both are having great seasons, but looking at that is is hard to argue against Taylor. Has 2 more forced turnovers, 2 more touchdowns, almost as many PD when Taylor is a DE/OLB, then you had in 13.5 sacks for Taylor. I know it's now all about stats, but that's hard to argue against.
I have their PD numbers as 20 for Champ and 11 for Taylor
And a forced fumble doesn't necessitate a turnover, but yeah, Taylor did his part by forcing it anyway
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 12:08 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL.com has the official stats.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-31-2006, 12:13 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm still getting 20 for Champ
Old 12-31-2006, 12:18 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
Quote:
I'm still getting 20 for Champ
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133217

Quote:
2006 Denver Broncos 15 81 69.0 12 0 9 92 10.2 32 0 11

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-31-2006, 12:25 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/...=4&_3:col_2=11

Player Team G Ints Yds LG TDs FF Rec TDs Pdef Scks SFTY Cmb Tck Solo Ast
Champ Bailey DEN 15 9 92 32 0 0 1 0 20 0 0 81 69.0 64 12

:?:
Old 12-31-2006, 03:17 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

They probably add interceptions to it.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-31-2006, 03:26 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah, they definitely are
Just weird to see it listed two different ways on the same site