Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Pat Swilling should be in the Hall Of Fame...
Old 02-29-2008, 01:59 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
i think strahan, ray lewis, derrick brooks and warren sapp are shoe ins to be first ballot.
i love me some defensive players, i fully agree with these guys. Strahan and Sapp are/were outstanding defensive linemen and have great stats to go with it. Ray will get in because he was a dominant MLB, and Brooks was the blueprint for his position. plus all of these players have the ring and the defensive player of the year award.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:31 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isaac Bruce/Torry Holt?

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:34 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFireKai View Post
So did Bryce Paup, Randy Grandishar, and Pat Swilling. Does that mean they're better LBs than Seau too?
Randy Gradishar deserves to be in the HoF. Gradishar was a freakin beast and probably on par to Seau.
As for Seau, I think he's iffy, but eventually will get in. Not 1st ballot guy though.

I would say Champ Bailey could very well get up to 1st ballot status. Right now, he isn't though.
As for Rodney Harrison, heck, if Steve freakin Atwater(probably the best safety in the 90's) can't get in, then no way should Rodney.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:45 AM    (permalink
DaBear89
Rookie

DaBear89 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

8 yr EXP(121 G), 970 tackles, 37.5 sacks, 57 Pdef, 15 INTs, 8 FF. 1 of 5 people to win DRotY and DPotY, 6 Pro Bowls.

12 yr EXP(162 G), 1520 tackles, 30 sacks, 89 Pdef, 25 INTs, 10 FF. 2x DPotY (1 of 6 to accomplish multiples), 8 Pro Bowls

here's my lil presentatin...guess who the players are. *HINT* one should be easy b/c my username but just trying to get some respect for the man, the other i'll let you guys figure out.
DaBear89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:59 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBear89 View Post
8 yr EXP(121 G), 970 tackles, 37.5 sacks, 57 Pdef, 15 INTs, 8 FF. 1 of 5 people to win DRotY and DPotY, 6 Pro Bowls.

12 yr EXP(162 G), 1520 tackles, 30 sacks, 89 Pdef, 25 INTs, 10 FF. 2x DPotY (1 of 6 to accomplish multiples), 8 Pro Bowls

here's my lil presentatin...guess who the players are. *HINT* one should be easy b/c my username but just trying to get some respect for the man, the other i'll let you guys figure out.
I'm guessing Urlacher is the 1st one.
The other is Ray Lewis, after doing some research.

Side note, but IMO, I don't think Urlacher deserved that DPOY award back in 2005.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:05 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I doubt Chad Johnson will ever get in the hall of fame. To say first ballot is just crazy.
He has 8000+ yds
531 receptions
48 tds

in a six year span, how many wrs can you say that about? Say what you want about him but his numbers are up there with the greatest of them. In comparison to cris carters numbers

4493 yds
322 receptions
40 tds

Both guys numbers are not including their first year when neither was involved much in the offense, and totals in their next 6 years after.

Chads numbers pretty much blow Carters out of the water, so to say he will never get in the HOF is pretty crazy, I dont get the hate for Chad, his numbers are as consistent as you can get, talk about a guy who does it year in and out.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:11 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
He has 8000+ yds
531 receptions
48 tds

in a six year span, how many wrs can you say that about? Say what you want about him but his numbers are up there with the greatest of them. In comparison to cris carters numbers

4493 yds
322 receptions
40 tds

Both guys numbers are not including their first year when neither was involved much in the offense, and totals in their next 6 years after.

Chads numbers pretty much blow Carters out of the water, so to say he will never get in the HOF is pretty crazy, I dont get the hate for Chad, his numbers are as consistent as you can get, talk about a guy who does it year in and out.
Rod Smith's first 6 years:
537 receptions
7,394 yards
46 TD's
Not to mention all the playoff games he was a part of and 2 Super Bowls.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:23 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I dont think Rod Smith shouldnt be in the HOF personally, he's not a 1st ballot guy because he didnt dominate his era, but he deserves to be in at some point, as does Chad. HOF guys really make it in on the tail end of their career, do they win a super bowl, do they stay as productive on the back end of their career as they did in the beginning, those are the type of things that seperate guys who make the HOF and guys who just made a few pro bowls.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:39 AM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Rod Smith's first 6 years:
537 receptions
7,394 yards
46 TD's
Not to mention all the playoff games he was a part of and 2 Super Bowls.
The difference between the two is that Chad came into the league two years sooner than Smith did, and only sat one year to Smith's two. By the time Smith was starting, he was 27. By the time Chad was 27, he already had 4,453 yards and 25 TDs.

If you're going to be projecting Chad Johnson, as LL seems to, then his ceiling is so much higher than Smith's. After age 27, Smith averaged 1,100 yards a season and just under 7 TDs for ten years. In the three years after turning 27, Rod Smith averaged 1,141 yards and 7.3 TDs. In the three years after Chad turned 27, he's averaged 1,414 yards and 8 TDs. With the edge in the three years after turning 27, Chad only needs to average 965 yards and 5.85 TDs pers season in order to match Rod Smith's post 27 output. If Chad can do that, then he'll have the same totals as Rod Smith over the course of age 27-36. Then add the headstart Chad has, and you wind up with 15,842 yards and 93 TDs. Significantly better.

Comparing initial averages is all well and good when players have the same starting point, but when you have a player who came into the league at a much later point in life, then the comparisons become much less effective.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:59 AM    (permalink
DaBear89
Rookie

DaBear89 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
I'm guessing Urlacher is the 1st one.
The other is Ray Lewis, after doing some research.

Side note, but IMO, I don't think Urlacher deserved that DPOY award back in 2005.
you can't really look at the stats on that one, he led the NFL's best defense that singlehandedly won all of our games for us that year. not to mention he was called the NFL's most overrated played by the all-knowing Jay Mariotti. then was voted the 2nd most by players
DaBear89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:46 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
He's not a homer. We don't claim him as our own.

Though Bruschi may have a shot... eventually... may...
May have a shot only because he'll likely play until he's 54. Other then that he's not even in a serious discussion about the Hall of Fame. The only way he gets in is buying a ticket like the rest of us.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:01 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBear89 View Post
you can't really look at the stats on that one, he led the NFL's best defense that singlehandedly won all of our games for us that year. not to mention he was called the NFL's most overrated played by the all-knowing Jay Mariotti. then was voted the 2nd most by players
I just think Champ Bailey got robbed in 2 years of DPOY. 2006 was easier to understand because Jason Taylor also dominated, but Champ should've had at least 1 DPOY award from one of those 2 years.