Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 03-05-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Patriots sign S Tank Williams

Nice depth signing. I think this means Merriweather will be seeing more reps at corner since he can back up both safety positions. I like this a lot more then the Jason Webster signing...

Last edited by Jay : 03-05-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Nice depth signing. I think this means Merriweather will be seeing more reps at corner since he can back up both safety positions. I like this a lot more then the Jason Webster signing...
Tank Moved to saftey?, good for him

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Haha I was thinking about how my coworkers thought we were talking about Tank Johnson while I was typing... I'm definitely ********...
Old 03-05-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Bostonsportlova
Rookie

Bostonsportlova hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

im not fimilar with webster or johnson. can someone give me a quick summary on each guy. and what they can bring.
Bostonsportlova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonsportlova View Post
im not fimilar with webster or johnson. can someone give me a quick summary on each guy. and what they can bring.
Well, not too sure about Johnson, but Webster was a nickle/#2 CB in ATL for several years. Played ok, but had a lot of problems because of his size. Has decent speed and ball skills. Went to Buffalo, competing for the #2 job, but got hurt in the first game and was put on the IR. I really dont see him being more than a nickel, and at best #2.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patriots have signed CB Lewis Sanders as well. Looks like another depth signing, like webster.
Bigburt63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

decent sigining
Solid backup, borderline starter though.
Isnt as old as the rest of yalls defense

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Bostonsportlova
Rookie

So Webster can replace *** and maybe spare Hobbs at times. We still need a number 1 corner. Just a couple questions for you.

How much does Ty Law have in the tank?
Is Merriweather going to play saftey or corner next year?
Is there any rumors on who will be the #1 corner.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Bostonsportlova
Rookie

I was just looking up on Lewis Sanders. Big Corner (6'1 210 pounds) and soild speed. Another depth signing, maybe cover the big wideout which is needed.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think merriweather will play more corner than safety next year, but I expect him to float between the two when needed more. Ty Law, IMO, has a year or two left in the tank, but he cannot play anywhere near the level of play where he was when he left the pats. I'm not sure who can play #1 corner next year. Even if we were to draft a CB at pick 7, it is unlikely that he would be able to play at the level of a #1 right away.
Bigburt63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Guys I meant Tank Williams... it just won't let me edit the title for some reason...

Old 03-07-2008, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Its not that bad of a signing then. I believe he started for a while in Tennessee. I remember hearing his name quite alot, but I reallydont know too much about him. Decent depth.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Williams is a very talented player, he has just had injury concerns. He is quite the athlete and is a huge safety. If he manages to get healthy and stay that way he could be a great addition, despite the fact he wasn't a big name FA. Another plus is that he can and has play both safety spots.

Feed Moncrief

Last edited by Don Vito : 03-07-2008 at 02:26 PM.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote