Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2008, 11:26 AM    (permalink
FizzyFalcons
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Mountains of North Carolina
Posts: 100
Reputation: 41
FizzyFalcons hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

That's alot better than Matt Ryan Leaf
FizzyFalcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 04:26 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 10,906
Reputation: 226837
BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Brohm does not move around in the pocket near as well as Manning. He might have presence, but when protecton collapses he struggles to evade pressure.

Matt Ryan and Ryan Leaf comparison? Are you crazy? One had all of the physical tools but was a mess mentally. One has good, but not great, physical tools but his best attribute is his mental makeup and personality.
__________________
Virginia Tech.
ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:48 PM    (permalink
FizzyFalcons
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Mountains of North Carolina
Posts: 100
Reputation: 41
FizzyFalcons hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Matt Ryan and Ryan Leaf comparison? Are you crazy? One had all of the physical tools but was a mess mentally. One has good, but not great, physical tools but his best attribute is his mental makeup and personality.
He referenced Peyton, so I reference Mr. Leaf. It was a play on words.

And to be quite honest, If I had to predict which of the two he would more likely end up like, I'd have to go with Ryan Leaf.
FizzyFalcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:09 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,776
Reputation: 460
iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Brohm does not move around in the pocket near as well as Manning. He might have presence, but when protecton collapses he struggles to evade pressure.

Matt Ryan and Ryan Leaf comparison? Are you crazy? One had all of the physical tools but was a mess mentally. One has good, but not great, physical tools but his best attribute is his mental makeup and personality.
You're right, Peyton has been a pro for what a decade now? Or close to it, and Brohm is a Senior in college...of COURSE he doesn't have it as down pat as Mr. Manning does, HOWEVER...look at Peyton playing in college (which you likely can't remember) and look at Brohm...Brohm is VERY similar to Petyon.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:37 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 10,906
Reputation: 226837
BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
You're right, Peyton has been a pro for what a decade now? Or close to it, and Brohm is a Senior in college...of COURSE he doesn't have it as down pat as Mr. Manning does, HOWEVER...look at Peyton playing in college (which you likely can't remember) and look at Brohm...Brohm is VERY similar to Petyon.
The attribute you mentioned was pocket presence. Brohm is good when he has protection, but not when he has to evade pressure. College QBs, not just pro QBs, do this. Matt Ryan is very good at throwing under pressure, or getting out of the pocket. It is generally an ability you have or you do not have, not one that you learn.
__________________
Virginia Tech.
ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:09 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,776
Reputation: 460
iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
The attribute you mentioned was pocket presence. Brohm is good when he has protection, but not when he has to evade pressure. College QBs, not just pro QBs, do this. Matt Ryan is very good at throwing under pressure, or getting out of the pocket. It is generally an ability you have or you do not have, not one that you learn.
You couldn't possibly be more incorrect by saying it's not something you learn. Ryan doesn't do well under pressure (see 19 INTs) when he's forced to move just like EVERY QB they lose something of their comfort level. Brohm has the ability to move in the pocket very well, Ryan's is fine, but just looking at Brohm the way he moves his feet, and the style in the pocket is so similar. But when you say you can't learn that, you couldn't be more wrong. Otherwise people wouldn't pay Vet QBs vs Rookies.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 10,906
Reputation: 226837
BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
You couldn't possibly be more incorrect by saying it's not something you learn. Ryan doesn't do well under pressure (see 19 INTs) when he's forced to move just like EVERY QB they lose something of their comfort level. Brohm has the ability to move in the pocket very well, Ryan's is fine, but just looking at Brohm the way he moves his feet, and the style in the pocket is so similar. But when you say you can't learn that, you couldn't be more wrong. Otherwise people wouldn't pay Vet QBs vs Rookies.
Do you even watch college football? I mean really. If you watched Ryan at all last year you would know he is fine under pressure, and evades it great. He also gets outside the pocket fine. But he tosses interceptions when he feels he has to make a big play, or when he has overconfidence in his arm. Sometimes he gets out of the pocket and makes big plays, other times he decides to throw a risky ball. Pressure is not the primary reason he threw interceptions. Add in bad wide receivers and a bad offensive line, and he is still doing fine.

Todd Collins is a veteran QB. Teams would hire him because he is smart, and a sure thing. Can he evade pressure? No. Veteran QBs are looked at because of inteligence and being proven. Byron Leftwich and Joey Harrington are veterans. They are both horrible at evading pressure. But a guy who had not played in a few years prior to this, him being Chris Redman, is fine at evading pressure. While it might be possible to get better at it, it is most of the time natural. Ben Roethlisburger, Peyton Manning, Michael Vick, Vince Young, Steve McNair, Daunte Culpepper, Donovan McNabb etc etc all have the innate ability to escape pressure.

Do not think intelligence and pocket presence are the same thing as the ability to escape pressure or preform under it. Brohm is fine at the first two, he struggles at the latter.
__________________
Virginia Tech.
ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 20,916
Reputation: 1423028
ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I'd honestly love to have him on the Falcons. Put him at MLB and slide Brooking back to his natural WLB.


Brooking....Spikes.....Boley

I like it.

Something I posted in the Takeo Spikes released thread. I'd like that move.
__________________
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:14 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Back to back to back winning seasons ftw
Posts: 6,974
Reputation: 64327
d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Was he healthy last season? Thats his main issue.
__________________

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:19 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 20,916
Reputation: 1423028
ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Was he healthy last season? Thats his main issue.

He played 14 games. I think it'd be nice to sign him to a deal ala Zach Thomas.
__________________
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:21 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Back to back to back winning seasons ftw
Posts: 6,974
Reputation: 64327
d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I would love to sign him. We could draft a LB late and have Brooking and Spikes play, until Nicholas and drafted LB are ready to play.
__________________

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:10 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,776
Reputation: 460
iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Do you even watch college football? I mean really. If you watched Ryan at all last year you would know he is fine under pressure, and evades it great. He also gets outside the pocket fine. But he tosses interceptions when he feels he has to make a big play, or when he has overconfidence in his arm. Sometimes he gets out of the pocket and makes big plays, other times he decides to throw a risky ball. Pressure is not the primary reason he threw interceptions. Add in bad wide receivers and a bad offensive line, and he is still doing fine.

Todd Collins is a veteran QB. Teams would hire him because he is smart, and a sure thing. Can he evade pressure? No. Veteran QBs are looked at because of inteligence and being proven. Byron Leftwich and Joey Harrington are veterans. They are both horrible at evading pressure. But a guy who had not played in a few years prior to this, him being Chris Redman, is fine at evading pressure. While it might be possible to get better at it, it is most of the time natural. Ben Roethlisburger, Peyton Manning, Michael Vick, Vince Young, Steve McNair, Daunte Culpepper, Donovan McNabb etc etc all have the innate ability to escape pressure.

Do not think intelligence and pocket presence are the same thing as the ability to escape pressure or preform under it. Brohm is fine at the first two, he struggles at the latter.
You can learn to avoid pressure, period, the end, you lose, sorry. I'm tired of hearing your annoying attempts at trying to correct what you said in the first place. It's okay that I'm right, I promise. The more time you spend in a pocket the more relaxed you become, and the better you can learn to move around and avoiding the pressure in more effective ways. I'm not saying Ryan isn't fine at it, but QBs throw INTs because of pressure, I know Matt Ryan can't make a decision under pressure or not, but add pressure and it magnifies it, the best QB in world struggles more under pressure than without it.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 10,906
Reputation: 226837
BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
You can learn to avoid pressure, period, the end, you lose, sorry.
Great attempt at an arguement. The rest is whining. You showed no knowlege of either prospect and did not comment on any of my post, showing you know nothing of the subject.
__________________
Virginia Tech.
ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:58 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London
Posts: 1,873
Reputation: 3626
D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.
Default

Do stop it, both of you.
__________________
TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"
D-Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:50 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 10,906
Reputation: 226837
BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I try to make a draft conversation, he gos on and gos after me because he lacks knowlege of the subject.

There is a difference between a conversation and an arguement, and it keeps turning into an arguement.
__________________
Virginia Tech.
ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Last edited by BamaFalcon59 : 03-08-2008 at 07:55 AM.
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:14 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 9,781
Reputation: 33385
scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Erick Coleman will be the starting FS. Jimmy Williams will play a role similar to that of what Babineaux plays in Seattle.
__________________

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:21 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 10,906
Reputation: 226837
BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Personally, I think Erik Coleman should be a strong safety. Lawyer Milloy may yet be released.
__________________
Virginia Tech.
ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.