Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-12-2008, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
We lost to Providence again....haha.
Oh right..I tried to block that from my memory, ugh.

Still, I think the fact we destroyed Cinci should equalize that loss. Maybe it's just me.

I suppose it really doesn't matter anyways, though.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:16 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Oh right..I tried to block that from my memory, ugh.

Still, I think the fact we destroyed Cinci should equalize that loss. Maybe it's just me.

I suppose it really doesn't matter anyways, though.
I don't. 2 double-digit losses to Providence show a clear weakness in our team. Plus losing to one mediocre team and crushing a decent team don't really even themselves out in college sports, where the good teams are expected to win most of their games. I think the voters were blinded by our huge win and forgot about the loss, hence why we barely dropped.

Yeah, what matters is the Big East tourney.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boeheim is losing it, two NIT appearances in two years. I know they lost two good players but if he was the premier coach some make him out to be, that wouldn't be a problem.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:50 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Boeheim is losing it, two NIT appearances in two years. I know they lost two good players but if he was the premier coach some make him out to be, that wouldn't be a problem.
The fact that Syracuse performed this well this season is due to his great coaching. This was suppose to be a year where they take their bumps and bruises but they managed to get themselves on the bubble and a shot to make the tourney with a win today but fell short

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any premier coach should never be in the situation to be in two straight NIT's, NEVER. A premier college coach gets depth, coaches them up and they're ready to come in with injuries. No doubt he had a rough go of things but they play poor defense and late in the game Greene/Flynn just put up some terrible shots.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Any premier coach should never be in the situation to be in two straight NIT's, NEVER. A premier college coach gets depth, coaches them up and they're ready to come in with injuries. No doubt he had a rough go of things but they play poor defense and late in the game Greene/Flynn just put up some terrible shots.
In Beheim's defense though, 'Cuse should've made the tournament last year and were one game away this year with a very young team. Now if next year they don't compete for the Big East title and struggle to make the tourney then there's a problem.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wvu will be in the tourney

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:51 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
In Beheim's defense though, 'Cuse should've made the tournament last year and were one game away this year with a very young team. Now if next year they don't compete for the Big East title and struggle to make the tourney then there's a problem.
I can appreciate that. I do agree they should've been in last year. While Green/Flynn may make some pretty bad decisions at times (they're freshman) they also show flashes were they're just amazing.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Well, MTSU didn't make the tourney. I really hate WKU.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

well atleast you still have Tenn in the tourny
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
well atleast you still have Tenn in the tourny
Yeah, but I was really rooting for MTSU because it's my school, and I know one of the assistant's and he's a really good guy. Not to mention I've played pickup with some of the players at the rec center and almost beat them, so it'd be like I have the talent to get in the tourney.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:36 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan knocked Iowa out of the Big Ten tournament today. Too bad we get Wisconsin next. Oh well, after the season we had it's nice to get 1 win in the conference tournament.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so, is UAB out now?
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

joe alexander is awesome

34 pts, 8 reb

its amazing how much better huggins made him

30+ points in 4 of last 6 games; scored 29 and 22 in the others

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Michigan knocked Iowa out of the Big Ten tournament today. Too bad we get Wisconsin next. Oh well, after the season we had it's nice to get 1 win in the conference tournament.
in our defense, we are awful and prolly shouldn't have gotten half the wins we did
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ASU out or in?

19-12(9-9) Regular Season
Notable Wins: Xavier, Arizona 2x, Stanford, USC, Oregon
SOS: 78th
RPI: 75th

Lost a close game to USC in the Pac-10 Tournament

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:37 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colorado might upset Baylor :D ohh i feel their pain

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
ASU out or in?

19-12(9-9) Regular Season
Notable Wins: Xavier, Arizona 2x, Stanford, USC, Oregon
SOS: 78th
RPI: 75th

Lost a close game to USC in the Pac-10 Tournament
I don't think they'll make it

Old 03-13-2008, 06:25 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I don't think they'll make it
yea I love ASU but they need some help if there going to make it

Old 03-13-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

Colorado beats Baylor 91-84 in 2OT

Old 03-13-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some things from today;

- Illinois wins with a last second layup...A win is a win and I'll take it

- ASU got screwed against USC...That call was terrible and game should have gone to OT

- UCLA needs to put together a 40 minute game if they plan on making a run in March. Talented but inconsistent during the game.

- Minnesota is Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde, blow out Ohio State, get blown out by Illinois, and struggle against a horrible, and I mean horrible Northwestern team.

- WVU is a sleeper. Alexander is a stud and Huggins has done a great job with this team.

- Don't bet money on Georgetown, as good as they looked today they're also highly inconsistent and I could see an early exit for them in the tournament

- Miami will make a serious run in the ACC Tournament, just like NC State did last year

- I have a feeling Illinois will shock Purdue tomorrow...I don't usually predict wins for my team but I think it'll happen, we're kinda good on neutral floors this season. If it doesn't I'll be happy to eat some crow tomorrow night.

Some more thoughts after tonight's games....

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
ASU out or in?
1% chance, I think the lowest RPI team to ever get in was like 64.

Loserville loses, HA!

Doesn't Tubby get a shot at Indiana tomorrow? He's 0 for his last 18 against ranked opponents.

Alexander is a beast.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Off the biggest UK basketball blog...

Quote:
AS you know, a couple in our group went to the Bruce Pearl rally and a couple of interesting tidbits were dropped. First Pearl said (and this too is a paraphrase): “Kentucky fans walk around Atlanta like they own the town….it is kind of obnoxious.” Pearl likes to give barbs, although to be fair he likely never thought that comment would end up on a UK blog.
I hate Pearl, what a slimeball. Any UT event all he does is bad mouth UK, glad to know he's envious.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see what's wrong with that comment
Old 03-13-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I don't see what's wrong with that comment
I agree...he's just trying to motivate his players if anything