Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I don't think drinking and driving is just an indiscretion... it's very very dangerous
I'm still going to say it was a large indiscretion. Yes, it is very dangerous, but like it or not there are hundreds of thousands of people driving under the influence every year. Sorry if I come off as saying it isn't a big deal, because it certainly is very dangerous and stupid, but I'm still saying that there is no reason this should ruin his life or anything like that. He's lucky that nobody was hurt (as far as I know), and hopefully he will learn from his mistake. Maybe this could be a wake up call for him and he'll get his act together on the field as well.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
lionsfan81
Rookie

lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This is a serious question. How many USC players have been busts and how many have actually produced??? In the Pete Carroll era at least. I just feel like all USC players seem to be overrated. This is my chart of players under Carroll who were drafted in the top 4 rounds and how theyve turned out.

Busts:
Mike Williams
Kenechi Udeze
Shaun Cody
Jacob Rogers
Darnell Bing
Dominique Byrd
Frostee Rucker

Produced:
Justin Fargas***
Troy Polamalu***
Carson Palmer***
Lofa Tatupu
Mike Patterson
Deuce Lutui

In Limbo of both:
Reggie Bush
Lendale White
Winston Justice
Matt Leinart
Keary Colbert

*** Not really Pete Carroll recruits but Ill give him credit for coaching.

Way too early to do 07 players, but Jarrett is looking like a definite bust, Steve Smith nothing more than a #3, I honestly don't know much about Ryan Kalil.

I mean the success rate is still pretty good for the NFL, but I just feel USC players get overhyped because all they do is win.
lionsfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank GOD we took Bowe
Old 03-11-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this really worthy of a thread? He had six catches...
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a waste of a thread...wait, why am I contributing to this?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan81 View Post
This is a serious question. How many USC players have been busts and how many have actually produced??? In the Pete Carroll era at least. I just feel like all USC players seem to be overrated. This is my chart of players under Carroll who were drafted in the top 4 rounds and how theyve turned out.

Busts:
Mike Williams
Kenechi Udeze
Shaun Cody
Jacob Rogers
Darnell Bing
Dominique Byrd
Frostee Rucker

Produced:
Justin Fargas***
Troy Polamalu***
Carson Palmer***
Lofa Tatupu
Mike Patterson
Deuce Lutui

In Limbo of both:
Reggie Bush
Lendale White
Winston Justice
Matt Leinart
Keary Colbert

Way too early to do 07 players, but Jarrett is looking like a definite bust, Steve Smith nothing more than a #3, I honestly don't know much about Ryan Kalil.

I mean the success rate is still pretty good for the NFL, but I just feel USC players get overhyped because all they do is win.
Steve Smith on the Giants looks good. Without him, I doubt they make it to and win the superbowl. He bailed them out of a handful of key 3rd downs in the playoffs.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
Is this really worthy of a thread? He had six catches...
He was considered a fringe first rounder just last year so why not?
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:10 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Steve Smith on the Giants looks good. Without him, I doubt they make it to and win the superbowl. He bailed them out of a handful of key 3rd downs in the playoffs.
smith kept many drives alive. i was surprised how much of an impact he actually had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:49 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
I'm still going to say it was a large indiscretion. Yes, it is very dangerous, but like it or not there are hundreds of thousands of people driving under the influence every year. Sorry if I come off as saying it isn't a big deal, because it certainly is very dangerous and stupid, but I'm still saying that there is no reason this should ruin his life or anything like that. He's lucky that nobody was hurt (as far as I know), and hopefully he will learn from his mistake. Maybe this could be a wake up call for him and he'll get his act together on the field as well.
I'd like to see what he blew. If it was like a .08 or .09 than, yeah, it was wrong, but up until recently most states had .10 as the legal limit. I'm sure on a given night there's a lot of people behind the wheel with .08-.1 BAC, people that would normally be considered somewhat respectable.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:07 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
He was considered a fringe first rounder just last year so why not?
Heres what I know:

The guy has a big frame, enough speed for his size, dependable hands and good ability in the red zone.

He's slightly lazy, steve smith got annoyed at him for not reading his playbook, not being studious enough and not working hard enough.

The front office has publicly stated he's currently number 2 on the depth chart. Its also been said he's been working out with a receiving guru and is looking like someone who wants to be a key contributor next year.

Quote:
ake Delhomme says he "truly believes" that Dwayne Jarrett "is going to be a big help to us this year."
"He's got the ability, that's easy to see, and last year was honestly a redshirt year for him," Delhomme said. "I have no doubt he's going to come to play this year." Jarrett was just beginning to crack the lineup as a rookie before spraining his knee late in the year. He'll face a challenge, but it wouldn't be a surprise if he's starting opposite Steve Smith in 2008

My fair weather fan guess is that he did have struggles and then got his ass kicked into gear because of it. After that he hurt himself somewhat and was forced to play sparingly.

I don't know what to make of the situation in total. I don't really like it though.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:35 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What did you expect the teams qb to do, trash him in an interview? Of course he's going to say those things, Ill believe it when I see a glimpse of something on the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:08 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan81 View Post

Busts:
Mike Williams
Kenechi Udeze
Shaun Cody
Jacob Rogers
Darnell Bing
Dominique Byrd
Frostee Rucker

Produced:
Justin Fargas***
Troy Polamalu***
Carson Palmer***
Lofa Tatupu
Mike Patterson
Deuce Lutui

In Limbo of both:
Reggie Bush
Lendale White
Winston Justice
Matt Leinart
Keary Colbert

Well he isn't going to be nothing more than a 3 until Toomer retires. But he contributed big time for us in the playoffs, especially in the superbowl. He works hard and is very mature from what I been reading, and will only get better as he plays in this league. Also, let's not forget he was hurt for more than 11 weeks or something like that. So he just started to come on when we needed him most.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:29 AM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Well he isn't going to be nothing more than a 3 until Toomer retires. But he contributed big time for us in the playoffs, especially in the superbowl. He works hard and is very mature from what I been reading, and will only get better as he plays in this league. Also, let's not forget he was hurt for more than 11 weeks or something like that. So he just started to come on when we needed him most.
Somebody could get injured.

As for the list above of USC players. All of the guys listed in limbo seem to be closer to the bust list. Bush and Lineart were close to losing their starting jobs pre-injuries. Colbert wouldn't be with the Panthers if they had any other decent WR besides Smith. The Eagles are patiently waiting for Winston Justice to show something to make them believe he is starting material.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks01234 View Post
Somebody could get injured.

As for the list above of USC players. All of the guys listed in limbo seem to be closer to the bust list. Bush and Lineart were close to losing their starting jobs pre-injuries. Colbert wouldn't be with the Panthers if they had any other decent WR besides Smith. The Eagles are patiently waiting for Winston Justice to show something to make them believe he is starting material.
Except for Lenwhale.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:42 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd drink too if I had a schnoze like that and two first names.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
All of the guys listed in limbo seem to be closer to the bust list. Bush and Lineart were close to losing their starting jobs pre-injuries.
Err.... wrong.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:49 AM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran

FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Article said he was arrested in Mint Hill Charlotte, NC so I did a google search for jail bookings in that area and found his mug shot,

http://www.crimeincharlotte.com/search?q=Dwayne+Jarrett
Old 03-13-2008, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFootball View Post
Article said he was arrested in Mint Hill Charlotte, NC so I did a google search for jail bookings in that area and found his mug shot,

http://www.crimeincharlotte.com/search?q=Dwayne+Jarrett
Nice investigating you did there.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
What did you expect the teams qb to do, trash him in an interview? Of course he's going to say those things, Ill believe it when I see a glimpse of something on the field.
I'd expect him just to say something like "no comment"

The panthers organization is lethal to the media. Hell the website I write for occasionally got into trouble because apparently someone read what I had to say and hated it (I trashed them and their handling of a game) and then the next day it was gone from the website.

The site's owner even had his press pass taken off him.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

.12...... hes done
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:43 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
.12...... hes done
Done with what? Yes, he'll get a DWI, but it's not like he's going to get kicked out of the league or have a significant amount of jail time or anything.