Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-14-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Does anyone think we'll see a mid major make some serious noise in this year's tournament? I think the mid major's are much weaker this year than in recent years. I think Davidson has a good shot at making it to the Sweet 16 though with their guard play. Steven Curry is top 5 in the nation in scoring and their PG is leading the nation in assists.

Of course it all depends on seeding
Drake, Xavier, Butler, and BYU have real good shots at making the sweet 16. Davidson, Gonzaga, and Saint Mary's should win a game. Illinois State, George Mason and Western Kentucky, IMO are most likely to provide a first round upset among mid-majors.

I think Illinois State is in now because of the fact that no bubble teams are winning. I would say every "bracketologist" or expert on the field not named Andy Katz have said that ISU would be in.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Courtney Lee for Western Kentucky is a BEAST. Xavier has a chance to make a run, they're so balanced.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Drake, Xavier, Butler, and BYU have real good shots at making the sweet 16. Davidson, Gonzaga, and Saint Mary's should win a game. Illinois State, George Mason and Western Kentucky, IMO are most likely to provide a first round upset among mid-majors.

I think Illinois State is in now because of the fact that no bubble teams are winning. I would say every "bracketologist" or expert on the field not named Andy Katz have said that ISU would be in.
I'm happy for them...How do you guys like Jank...He was really a great assistant at KU

After really playing horribly to NU, KU has turned it on this half

32-29 KU with 17:00 left to go in the 2nd

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Alabama beats Mississippi St. they could very easily find themselves in the SEC finals. UK doesn't match up well with them (Hendrix is a BEAST, we have no one to really match his size) and UGA would surely be about out of steam if they manage to beat us.

Bama 36 - MSU 29 at half
Old 03-14-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think it's gonna be G'Town Vs. Pittsburgh tomorrow for the Big East title

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:41 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

these refs suck; call nothing on gtown; havent all year

it doesnt help that our players have been playing for belien for 3 years and are a bunch of pansies and fold when teams get physical

huggins players cant get here soon enough

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I LOVE Bill Raftery...

SEND IT IN JOE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DotSO6957qU
Old 03-14-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post

- I have a feeling Illinois will shock Purdue tomorrow...I don't usually predict wins for my team but I think it'll happen, we're kinda good on neutral floors this season. If it doesn't I'll be happy to eat some crow tomorrow night.
;)

Illinois wins 74-67 over #2 ranked Purdue. Next up, either Minnesota or Indiana. I'd rather play the Gophers in terms of being able to win but part of me really, really wants the Hoosiers one more time.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
these refs suck; call nothing on gtown; havent all year

it doesnt help that our players have been playing for belien for 3 years and are a bunch of pansies and fold when teams get physical

huggins players cant get here soon enough
Georgetown is taking it to the Mountaineers tonight, looks like WVU is a bit gassed and Alexander has been ice cold. They go as he goes. Credit the Hoyas, although I still think they have some serious flaws.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
I'm happy for them...How do you guys like Jank...He was really a great assistant at KU
He has revitalized the program to a place where it was in the late 90's. The offense is run so similarly to Kansas'. He recruited well in his first year getting a 3-star Jeremy Robinson, 2 star Kenyon Smith (From Simeon, he backed up Derrick Rose last year), and a guy apparently his staff knew of from Kansas Ty Modupe.

The fans have really acclimated towards him. Although, I have a feeling within 5 years he could leave for a BCS conference.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

What a finish to regulation on Bama-MSU.

Bama inbounds with 2 seconds left down 3, Mykal Riley puts up a three... It rattles on both sides, hits the backboard and goes down.

To OT we go, UK game will have to wait, damnit.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Damn, tornado warning in downtown Atlanta... Top of the Georgia Dome is moving, game play has stopped and debris is dropping... This is crazy.

Picture is bad, teams have left the floor and you can hear the rumbling of the things up top moving.

EDIT: Part of the skin on the side panels are pulled off.. They keep talking about the rumbling, thinking it might have been a tornado or crazy winds.. Wondering what will happen with the UK game at this point. There's like 3 minutes left in OT of the MSU-Bama game.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 03-14-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

St. Joe's beats Xavier again! One more and they take the A10, I'm hoping for a rubber match with Temple.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:52 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Atlanta Police are confirming a tornado hit... Crazy.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Today has featured some upsets: Arkansas beat Vandy, Illinois beat Purdue, and St. Joe's beat Xavier

Minnesota is currently leading against Indiana and USC leads UCLA at halftime

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Georgetown is taking it to the Mountaineers tonight, looks like WVU is a bit gassed and Alexander has been ice cold. They go as he goes. Credit the Hoyas, although I still think they have some serious flaws.
Every team has flaws but Georgetown has few, first off they are arguably the best defensive team in the country. Next they are one of the most efficient offenses in the country, people still can't stop their backdoor cuts. Roy Hibbert is an elite college bigman who you run your offense through with his great passing ability. They have serious 3 point threats in Jonathan Wallace, Jessie Sapp, Dajuan Summers, Chris Wright, Austin Freeman and even Pat Ewing. They have those super hustle athletic guys like Ewing and Macklin and incredible steady guard play. I think they are very underrated if anything. They are my current pick to make the title game.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

If UK wins tonight (we'll tip off at about 11:30 probably) we'd play 3 freaking games in 36 hours... We're screwed.

Some funny quotes coming out of the tornado/wind scare...

Quote:
"It was strange. My initial thought was the Kentucky people were stomping their feet above us," Georgia athletics director Damon Evans said.
Quote:
Gillispie kept his cool throughout.

"Kind of scary, isn't it?" he said, as fans began to leave their seats.

Later, he quipped, "I thought it was just the Kentucky fans coming in."
lol.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Every team has flaws but Georgetown has few, first off they are arguably the best defensive team in the country. Next they are one of the most efficient offenses in the country, people still can't stop their backdoor cuts. Roy Hibbert is an elite college bigman who you run your offense through with his great passing ability. They have serious 3 point threats in Jonathan Wallace, Jessie Sapp, Dajuan Summers, Chris Wright, Austin Freeman and even Pat Ewing. They have those super hustle athletic guys like Ewing and Macklin and incredible steady guard play. I think they are very underrated if anything. They are my current pick to make the title game.
I'm not arguing they aren't a talented bunch, nor am I arguing that they aren't a darn good team. I'm arguing that they fall asleep and have a great chance of being upset. Hibbert from what I've seen this year has not progressed as much as people had thought he would. Guard play for them is good, but again they are very, very inconsistent.

Now I know they're your boys, but come on man. I'll stop posting on this board for a month if they make the title game. I'd take 8 or 9 teams over them right now. They're going to face a team that will run them up and down the floor, or they're going to face a team that has an answer for Hibbert inside.

My Final 4 as of right now is North Carolina, Tennessee (gulp), UCLA, and Kansas (double gulp). That'll probably chance come Sunday but right now those are my 4, and I've got UCLA and UNC in the Title Game.

Quote:
Old 03-14-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What an ugly game for Marquette. I mean damn. They played terrible tonight. That is the problem with this team. When they're on they can play with the best teams in the country, but then they have these let down games too often. 4 out of 5 starters didn't score at all in the first half, more turn overs in the first half than our season average for an entire game, Jerel McNeal (the one starter that did score and was our whole offense for most of the game) was deep in foul trouble with 3 of them coming as charges, Dominic James goes 0 for his first 11, no field goal attempts from either of our centers, just horrible. This team has the talent and depth to be a Final Four team. With the uncertainty of how they'll preform on any given night though sweet sixteen is the farthest I can see them going and I wouldn't put them past the second round when filling out your brackett.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone think OSU still has a shot? They did lose to MSU, but that was only after beating ranked teams in Purdue and MSU going into the tournament, with a strong showing against MSU despite the loss. I dunno, they wouldn't have much of a shot, but I'd love for Koufus and Turner to get some tournament experience for next year...
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minnesota Gophers upset Indiana to move on in the Big Ten tourney! Play Illinois tomorrow for a chance to get to the Big Ten tourney Finals

Old 03-15-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Minnesota Gophers upset Indiana to move on in the Big Ten tourney! Play Illinois tomorrow for a chance to get to the Big Ten tourney Finals

Blake Hoffarber>sex. Amazing game ending play. In a way its nice that we're playing the 10 seed in the semifinals, but we have laid eggs in both games against the Illini this year. Hopefully we come to play this time.

Last edited by yo123 : 03-15-2008 at 12:39 AM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 12:44 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'd actually rather play Purdue. Illinois has owned us this year for whatever reason.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 02:46 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

SEC tournament is being moved to GA Tech's arena... Seats a whole 9,191. They reported over 20k UK fans alone at the GA dome, tickets supposedly first come-first serve, it is going to be an absolute mess. UK apparently will play at 12 then possibly again at 9 pm.

I'd just assume they cancel this, it'd be an absolute mess if they do it the way they're talking. 3:46 AM and they're still not sure what they're going to do.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:54 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I think I'd actually rather play Purdue. Illinois has owned us this year for whatever reason.
It's hard to beat a team three times in one year when you've got two teams like Minnesota and Illinois. It's kinda cool as a student of Minnesota and a fan of the Badgers to possibly see a Minnesota/Wisconsin matchup for the Big Ten Tournament Title