Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 03-10-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I havent heard anything else out of Dallas, but honestly id say Redskins are the frontrunners, judging from reports and availability, we are more interested in Pacman then Hall, thus getting pacman would enable us to keep T New longer then a year, and be cheaper this year...Also we would be able 2 land him, and still go after DMac if we wanted to, getting Hall would take away any chance of getting DMac and im not sure Jerry wants to do that...Redskins have the cap room now and surely dont mind parting with any picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 01:00 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

im reading that the raiders are likley very interested in Hall. Its interesting that Michael Huff is on the block as well. It looks like a trade will happen about a week before the draft

If we can pull.
DHall for CB/S Michael Huff + 2007 2nd rounder +2007 3rd rounder id be all for it.
I like this trade scenario because Halls replacement is included in the trade so we gain legitmate draft picks, instead of say 1 draft pick that then has to be used on a CB anyway. Huff AND Williams could both be CB/FS in the cover two which would be awesome

1st 3
2nd 34
2nd 36
2nd 47
3rd
3rd
(possible 3rd)
4th

Looks nasty. 7 first day picks AND D halls replacement
Old 03-15-2008, 09:38 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think it just depends on the value they place on Huff...if they value him at a 2nd rounder we may only get their 2nd round pick + Huff which wouldn't be a bad move imo. I think Huff at FS and Jimmy at Corner would make this team much better...but honestly I'm interested to see what Coleman can do.

But I really think that losing Hall and getting something out of him at this point is better than not getting to keep him OR keeping him for some huge contract. I love Deangelo he's one of my favorites, but gotta put team first, and I think the TEAM will be better in the cover 2 scheme with Jimmy and Houston at corner with Irons at the nickel or Von Hutchins to start with and then working Irons in whatever the coaching staff wants. Then with Coleman at FS and Milloy / Stone at Strong I'd really like that setup. I think the overall talent level of the secondary would even out and be better overall.

There's no denying that Jimmy has skills, he's shown flashes, but you can't be consistent when you don't get consistent PT. I didn't want him moved from CB in the first place, but he has a good skill set for FS which I think makes him an ideal cover 2 corner. Losing Hall sucks, because he's so good, he's an elite talent no doubt, but it could make the TEAM better.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:23 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually would not be opposed to a secondary of Chris Houston (CB), Von Hutchins (FS), Erik Coleman (SS), and someone else at CB. But I think we brought in Hutchins for CB, so I am thinking it will be Lawyer Milloy (SS, the guy played good last year), Erik Coleman (FS, better at SS but oh well), Von Hutchins (CB), and Chris Houston (CB).

And I doubt Oakland trades Michael Huff. Too much potential, and he apparently does great against the elite American Football Conference Tight Ends in Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:54 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I actually would not be opposed to a secondary of Chris Houston (CB), Von Hutchins (FS), Erik Coleman (SS), and someone else at CB. But I think we brought in Hutchins for CB, so I am thinking it will be Lawyer Milloy (SS, the guy played good last year), Erik Coleman (FS, better at SS but oh well), Von Hutchins (CB), and Chris Houston (CB).

And I doubt Oakland trades Michael Huff. Too much potential, and he apparently does great against the elite American Football Conference Tight Ends in Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates.

My god, we would be passed on to no end.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:38 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
My god, we would be passed on to no end.
Maybe so, but that is how it is looking right now.

Old 03-15-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huff would def. not being included in the deal, from everything I've heard, Oakland is actually trying to swing a deal with Dallas for their 2 first rounders and then some. It is believed that then one of those Dallas 1st rounders would be sent to ATL for D-Hall with Fabian Washington probably included in the deal as well. That would give Oakland a secondary od Nnamdi, Hall, Huff and Wilson and ATL Washington, Houston, Coleman and Hutchins, or you could spend the extra rd.1 on a S or CB of the teams liking.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 12:54 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
Huff would def. not being included in the deal, from everything I've heard, Oakland is actually trying to swing a deal with Dallas for their 2 first rounders and then some. It is believed that then one of those Dallas 1st rounders would be sent to ATL for D-Hall with Fabian Washington probably included in the deal as well. That would give Oakland a secondary od Nnamdi, Hall, Huff and Wilson and ATL Washington, Houston, Coleman and Hutchins, or you could spend the extra rd.1 on a S or CB of the teams liking.
I would be fine with a first round pick and Fabian Washington. No one else is offering a first round pick from what I have heard, so getting a first round pick and a second round value (Fabian was a first round pick, although it might have been a reach, and has not exactly been a bust) would be nice.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dammit, i woulda loved washington + a first rounder.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:04 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Okay...so what pick overall is that that we just got for Hall? I really do believe that the TEAM will be better without Hall here, even though he was one of our most talented defenders. Wow, I just can't believe he only garnered a 2nd round pick...even if it is towards the top of the 2nd round...but then again...most of my favorite talents are going to fall in that range...and if we need to move up we can easily enough without giving up much at this point. 3 2nd round picks is going to make the draft fun to watch. Brandon Flowers is now on the radar no doubt...cover 2 here we come.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have pick 3, 35, 38, and 49.

Very impressive. Rebuilding starts right there.

I really dont want a VT corner. I just dont want him.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

We can't base every prospect on what previous ones from their school has done or have been. Antione Cason is now my #1 favorite Corner though...actually...he has been. But Flowers is right there with him.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how bout we trade down to get McKelvin or Cromartie?

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post

I really dont want a VT corner. I just dont want him.
Are you kidding? First of all that reasoning sucks. Second of all Flowers and Houston would be an amazingly, disgustingly incredible CB duo, especially in a Cover 2.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:23 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Are you kidding? First of all that reasoning sucks. Second of all Flowers and Houston would be an amazingly, disgustingly incredible CB duo, especially in a Cover 2.
I know its terrible reasoning and I dont have a valid reason as to why I think that, other than the issues we have had with past VT players. I wouldnt mind him and think he would be a good Cover 2 CB, but I just dont know...

Shrug. I know its just me.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 03-15-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will say that Flowers is a HUGE contrast from DeAngelo Hall, but a player every fan will love. He's quick, smart and loves to hit. Hall is the type of player you hardly see during a game because teams rarely throw to him, but Flowers is the type of player that closes on the ball to break up passes and make big hits, kinda like Asante Samuel.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-15-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I will say that Flowers is a HUGE contrast from DeAngelo Hall, but a player every fan will love. He's quick, smart and loves to hit. Hall is the type of player you hardly see during a game because teams rarely throw to him, but Flowers is the type of player that closes on the ball to break up passes and make big hits, kinda like Asante Samuel.
Yeah. He is a good fit for a zone Cover 2 team. How is his personality?

Old 03-15-2008, 11:33 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Yeah. He is a good fit for a zone Cover 2 team. How is his personality?
I think he had trouble with his grades coming out of high school. He's not a high-character John Lynch type but he hasn't had any major incidents. He's into the whole African-American gangsta culture....you know? On the football field he's very vocal and intense. That's the only place where you can compare him to Hall, but Hall has better off-field character.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-15-2008, 11:45 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
We can't base every prospect on what previous ones from their school has done or have been. Antione Cason is now my #1 favorite Corner though...actually...he has been. But Flowers is right there with him.
Yes, let us draft a less talented, just as bad personality (putting pictures on your myspace with coke and money lines up isnt well, he has bad grades, he has missed a practice ,etc) guy to replace a guy who was more talented with a better off the field character.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man im really gonna MISS DeAngelo Hall, Alge Crumpler, Warrick Dunn, and Rod Coleman. Those guys did a great job here in ATLANTA.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote