Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-16-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kansas was very impressive.. if they can continue to play at that level they will be a force to reckon with

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
everyone brace yourselves for "Kansas is the best team in the world" talk in t-minus 40.1 seconds...

oh, and Illinois still blows
I would'nt say the best but definately top 3-5
Old 03-16-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

C'mon Georgia, hold onto this one. Love those cinderella teams.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so what does everyone think the seedings are gonna be...I'm only doing 1-4:

1: UNC, UCLA, Memphis, Kansas
2: Tennesee, Texas, Wisconsin, Georgetown
3: Duke, Stanford, Butler, Louisville
4: Drake, Purdue, Pittsburgh, ND/UConn

I have Pitt in there because for some reason winning the conference tourny and being above average leads to a high seed (see Iowa in 06, average season + tourny champ = 3 seed) and I think Duke's loss + GTown making their Champ game, then Gtown takes Duke's 2 seed
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Gatz
Rookie

Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.

haha what was Georgia's conference record, 4-12? If they win, the last team out will be pissed.
Waaaaaaaaah!!! It was totally cooler when I was the only one who made a truth thread. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I thought that when I "retired" people would honor me by never making truth threads. WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
It's called Auto Fellatio!
Gatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
Can someone either sell me on Wisconsin, or confirm my belief that they will not do damage in the tourny. I think they are a #2 seed for sure, but I just don't buy them as a contender.

Basically, someone tell me why I should have the Badgers getting past round 2, because at this point I'm not so sure. Perhaps it's just because I don't know much about them, but if that's the case then I'd appreciate the enlightenment. :)
Simple answer, Wisconsin is the best defensive team in the country. I understand that they aren't an appealing team to most people because of the low scoring games, but that's what gives us a great chance to go far. Last year we had better players, but the problem was that we adjusted to who we played. This year I think we have a better team and we control the pace of the game. I'd be shocked if we couldn't get past the second round. The style of basketball we play fits what is needed to win in the tounament. Obviously I am a Wisconsin fan, but I think I'd be saying this even if I wasn't. I share some of the same thoughts about Georgetown.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
so what does everyone think the seedings are gonna be...I'm only doing 1-4:

2: Tennesee, Texas, Wisconsin, Georgetown
3: Duke, Stanford, Butler, Louisville
4: Drake, Purdue, Pittsburgh, ND/UConn

I have Pitt in there because for some reason winning the conference tourny and being above average leads to a high seed (see Iowa in 06, average season + tourny champ = 3 seed) and I think Duke's loss + GTown making their Champ game, then Gtown takes Duke's 2 seed

that's how I see it as well
Old 03-16-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Gatz
Rookie

Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.

very similar except I have Stanford as a 2 seed and Georgetown being a 3.

On a side note, I know they are the favorites, but I can't see people upsetting UNC or UCLA in the tournament, both are very consistent, have won close games, and are the teams I think with the best chances, imo.
Waaaaaaaaah!!! It was totally cooler when I was the only one who made a truth thread. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I thought that when I "retired" people would honor me by never making truth threads. WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!
Quote:

Last edited by Gatz : 03-16-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top 10 seeds, no order within the seeds

2: Tennessee, Wisconsin, Texas, Georgetown
3: Duke, Louisville, Stanford, Butler
4: Notre Dame, Purdue, UCONN, Xavier
5: Pitt, Washington State, Clemson, Drake
6: Michigan State, Indiana, Vandy, Marquette
7: USC, Gonzaga, West Virginia, BYU
8: Davidson, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, UNLV
9: Kansas State, Kent State, Arkansas, Mississippi State
10: Baylor, Miami, South Alabama, Saint Mary's
Old 03-16-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Gatz
Rookie

wow... Georgia is IN!
Quote:
Old 03-16-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Simple answer, Wisconsin is the best defensive team in the country. I understand that they aren't an appealing team to most people because of the low scoring games, but that's what gives us a great chance to go far. Last year we had better players, but the problem was that we adjusted to who we played. This year I think we have a better team and we control the pace of the game. I'd be shocked if we couldn't get past the second round. The style of basketball we play fits what is needed to win in the tounament. Obviously I am a Wisconsin fan, but I think I'd be saying this even if I wasn't. I share some of the same thoughts about Georgetown.
So you think one thing Wisconsin has above any team in the nation, is defense. They're not very talented offensively (or are they, just trying to translate what you wrote) but they score enough and can shut any team down offensively, even Tennessee or Memphis. In addition, the way they play on offense contributes to the lack of scoring by their opponents.

That what you're saying? If so, I like it...very different kind of team, but that can very easily go in their advantage.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teams need to get Wisky out of that half court game, I'd like to see a team run them up and down the floor, that's how you beat them IMO. That and making open shots which we could not do at all today.

Btw iowatreat, how did your Hawkeyes do against us this year and in the Tournament? Oh that's right...LMAO.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Teams need to get Wisky out of that half court game, I'd like to see a team run them up and down the floor, that's how you beat them IMO. That and making open shots which we could not do at all today.
And what teams do you think would qualify for that?

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Final 6 seeds

11: St. Joe's, Kentucky, Villanova, Western Kentucky
12: Temple, Oregon, Arizona, Illinois State
13: San Diego, George Mason, Cornell, Oral Roberts
14: Austin Peay, Belmont, Boise State, Winthrop
15: Siena, UMBC, Cal St. Fullerton, Portland St.
16: American, Mississippi Valley St., Northwestern St,. play in
Play in: Mount St. Mary's, Coppin State
Old 03-16-2008, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Gatz
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Final 6 seeds

11: St. Joe's, Kentucky, Villanova, Western Kentucky
12: Temple, Oregon, Arizona, Illinois State
13: San Diego, George Mason, Cornell, Oral Roberts
14: Austin Peay, Belmont, Boise State, Winthrop
15: Siena, UMBC, Cal St. Fullerton, Portland St.
16: American, Mississippi Valley St., Northwestern St,. play in
Play in: Mount St. Mary's, Coppin State
You forgot UGA :)
I still have no idea how a 4-12 team won the conference tournament.
Quote:
Old 03-16-2008, 06:03 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

So Georgia is going dancin'!

There is going to be one bubble team that will be mightily PO'd.

And Kansas gets a #1 seed over a team with the #1 RPI and #1 SOS in Tennessee? LOL
Old 03-16-2008, 06:04 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatz View Post
You forgot UGA :)
I still have no idea how a 4-12 team won the conference tournament.
Damn, that takes Illinois State out then.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:08 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillie26 View Post
So Georgia is going dancin'!

There is going to be one bubble team that will be mightily PO'd.

And Kansas gets a #1 seed over a team with the #1 RPI and #1 SOS in Tennessee? LOL
This isn't college football bud, RPI and SOS are not an exact science at all

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Wow, tough break for Indiana
Old 03-16-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, the state of Indiana got the shaft

Indiana a #8 seed and Butler a #7 seed, really?

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So beating Xavier twice gets you in the tourney now?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

Tennessee not only falling to a #2 seed, but the LOWEST of the 2 seeds? Wow.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:15 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
This isn't college football bud, RPI and SOS are not an exact science at all
You do know that RPI and SOS are two of the heaviest factors weighed in most tournament selections?

Lets face it -- you got that #1 seed for your work over the last week, not over the last 3+ months.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Man, the state of Indiana got the shaft

Indiana a #8 seed and Butler a #7 seed, really?
For being the #1 overall team UNC has some pretty tough match ups. Indiana round 2 and Louisville or Tennessee in the elite 8.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

**** that ****