Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-16-2008, 06:00 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Yeah put in a team who blew it in their conferance tourney over a team who shared the regular season title and won the conferance postseason title for the #1 or 2 rated RPI conferance
As I said before, you want to determine one week over an entire body of work?

Kansas (30-3) 55th SOS, 7th RPI
Tennessee (28-4) 1st SOS, 1st RPI

Seems to me Tennessee face just a slightly tougher road than you all and faired just as well on the season.

As I said before, you got that ranking based on a week, not on a season.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:03 PM    (permalink
ramsfan2005813
Rookie

ramsfan2005813 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i think dayton and illinois state are this year's mid-majors that got robbed (like last year with drexel)

Illinois State 23-9, 4-1 in last 5 regular season games, 32 RPI
Oregon 18-12, 3-2 in last 5 regular season games, 53 RPI
ramsfan2005813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Im not surprised Tennessee got a 2 seed, but they got probably the toughest road to the final four.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

does know where I can print out the brackets online?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

My favorite possible upset pick is Winthrop over Wazzu right now.

Winthrop has a darn good set of guards in Chris Gaynor and Mike Jenkins. Good post presence as well in Taj McCullough.

Gaynor, Faison and Burton are all guards who all shoot the 3 very well. All the while, Mike Jenkins is one of the best unknown players in America.

Wazzu likes to play at that deliberate pace, completely slowing the tempo down. However, Winthrop likes to do the same as well, relying on their defense to start their offense.

I think Winthrop could potentially pull a fairly big upset in that one.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:08 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
does know where I can print out the brackets online?
Go to CBS Sportsline. It's on the front page.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
ramsfan2005813
Rookie

ramsfan2005813 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

watch out for Belmont as a possible 15 over 2 as they are in for the third straight year
ramsfan2005813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3 big 5 schools in:

Villanova
Temple
St. Joes

Honestly, Arizona St. or Dayton or someone deserved a bid over 'Nova. That's really the only thing I disagree with.

Virginia Tech's coach is insanely annoying. Yes, it's a travesty you didn't lose your way into the tourney. He knows they lost to UNC, right? Has anyone told him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Yeah, good joke. Awesome.
Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arizona State>>>Arizona

Old 03-16-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pick this team every year, but I BELIEVE IN KANSAS! THEY WILL BE THE NATIONAL CHAMPS. C'mon Jayhawks, u can do it.

My final four,
UNC
Kansas
UCLA
suprise here, Pittsburgh

Kansas over UCLA in the finals.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Arizona State>>>Arizona
They can't put two teams in simply because they beat Xavier.

Eh, I forgot that they beat Stanford but I still don't think they deserve to be in.

RIP TheManInBlack

Last edited by Brodeur : 03-16-2008 at 06:22 PM.
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
They can't put two teams in simply because they beat Xavier.

Eh, I forgot that they beat Stanford but I still don't think they deserve to be in.
well they beat Arizona twice and they got in

Old 03-16-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Conference title, tournament title, better record than Duke, Texas, and Georgetown and we get a 3.
Duke did NOT deserve a two seed

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
I pick this team every year, but I BELIEVE IN KANSAS! THEY WILL BE THE NATIONAL CHAMPS. C'mon Jayhawks, u can do it.

My final four,
UNC
Kansas
UCLA
suprise here, Pittsburgh

Kansas over UCLA in the finals.
Yoda, you have seen the light

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Baylor's chance for several upsets in this.

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
I think Xavier has the best road that's not a #1.
I have UGA over Xavier and then Baylor...

My bracket is awesome, I know.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
I really like Baylor's chance for several upsets in this.
Baylor lost to Colorado in the 1st round of the Big XII tourny i see them doing the same here

Old 03-16-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek View Post
3 big 5 schools in:

Villanova
Temple
St. Joes

Honestly, Arizona St. or Dayton or someone deserved a bid over 'Nova. That's really the only thing I disagree with.

Virginia Tech's coach is insanely annoying. Yes, it's a travesty you didn't lose your way into the tourney. He knows they lost to UNC, right? Has anyone told him?

But hey, they ALMOST beat them. Notre Dame football fans have used an ALMOST win to justify their coach's contract. Why can't VT fans use it to justify why they should be in the tourney? ;)
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsfan2005813 View Post
watch out for Belmont as a possible 15 over 2 as they are in for the third straight year
I follow the A-Sun conference and I can tell you, they have no chance.

Belmont relies as much on the 3 (actually, more) than Duke does. However, they play AWFUL defense compared to Duke.

For once, Duke will be athletically more gifted than their opposition.

Duke should win by 15-20 easy, unless they are laying bricks of epic proportions.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
The selection committee apparently bent Tennessee over and ****** them in the ass.
How? They choked in their conference tourney. Tennessee has a huge chance of being upset because they don't play defense, same with Memphis.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pray that Georgetown and Wisconsin don't meet. That will be the most boring game ever.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Baylor lost to Colorado in the 1st round of the Big XII tourny i see them doing the same here

Yeah I like Purdue over Baylor. Also Butler as a 7 seed is a joke. They deserved a 4.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Portland State over Kansas

Mark my words.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Portland State over Kansas

Mark my words.
Self isn't THAT big of a choke coach.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
How? They choked in their conference tourney. Tennessee has a huge chance of being upset because they don't play defense, same with Memphis.

What? Memphis plays very good defense. Did you mean UNC?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote