Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-16-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
I pray that Georgetown and Wisconsin don't meet. That will be the most boring game ever.
That will be a great game. Go watch the NBA if you want to see scoring with no defense.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:06 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OOOOOOO.. USC vs Kansas St. Mayo vs Beas(T)ly..

I also want to see BYU vs Texas A&M.. BYU Surprises me..

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
That will be a great game. Go watch the NBA if you want to see scoring with no defense.
Great if you like teams that can barely score 50 points. Boring Big 10 basketball meets boring Georgetown.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Just some questions for you guys...

adschofield what do you think about me having Clemson beating Kansas...I'm being serious, I've been really impressed with Clemson and although Kansas impressed me too, I think Clemson's just the team that can slow them down....just curious as to how you feel about that upset because I know you love Kansas (I'm not being sarcastic btw, I'm seriously interested)?

Also, it seems a lot of people are doubting Purdue, saying Baylor could upset them and that Xavier has an easy path...I dnno about you but I think I'm gunna have Purdue in my elite 8.

What do you guys think about Pitt's chances? They're definitely in my sweet 16 and I want them to go further, but it'll be tough for them to potentially have to beat Memphis AND Texas.

Is UCLA a shoe-in for the FF with their schedule?

What's up with UNC's tough road? I think that's a little ridiculous, but I think they pull through, UNC over Louisville in the elite 8 anyone?

Why are Wisc fans only worried about facing Kansas St. and not USC? I think USC's one of the teams that can cause a lot of trouble for them, I'm considering USC upsetting Wisc.

Can St. Joes upset Oklahoma? I feel Oklahoma's a good team with Blake Griffin, but 6 is a little early and 11 possibly a little late for Joe's.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Self isn't THAT big of a choke coach.
The B-ball team has to make up for our stinker of a season.

Appalachian State Basketball Edition!
Old 03-16-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone convince me St. Joes can beat Oklahoma please. I'm thinking St. Joes keeps it close before losing it in the last 5 minutes like most of their games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Yeah, good joke. Awesome.
Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:14 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek View Post
Someone convince me St. Joes can beat Oklahoma please. I'm thinking St. Joes keeps it close before losing it in the last 5 minutes like most of their games.

Oklahoma isn't that good. Is that good enough?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post

adschofield what do you think about me having Clemson beating Kansas...I'm being serious, I've been really impressed with Clemson and although Kansas impressed me too, I think Clemson's just the team that can slow them down....just curious as to how you feel about that upset because I know you love Kansas (I'm not being sarcastic btw, I'm seriously interested)?
I wouldn't. I'm not expecting Clemson to even make it to Kansas

Quote:
Also, it seems a lot of people are doubting Purdue, saying Baylor could upset them and that Xavier has an easy path...I dnno about you but I think I'm gunna have Purdue in my elite 8.
Who the hell is saying that? Purdue handle Baylor with ease and I think they're very likely to "upset" Xavier.
Quote:
Why are Wisc fans only worried about facing Kansas St. and not USC? I think USC's one of the teams that can cause a lot of trouble for them, I'm considering USC upsetting Wisc.
I'm not worried about either, and not Kansas State one bit. USC would be a tougher game, but they won't beat us.

Quote:
Can St. Joes upset Oklahoma? I feel Oklahoma's a good team with Blake Griffin, but 6 is a little early and 11 possibly a little late for Joe's.
That's my favorite upset of the tournament. Strong possibility and either team would lose to Louisville so there's little risk involved.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't. I'm not expecting Clemson to even make it to Kansas

Who the hell is saying that? Purdue handle Baylor with ease and I think they're very likely to "upset" Xavier.
I'm not worried about either, and not Kansas State one bit. USC would be a tougher game, but they won't beat us.

That's my favorite upset of the tournament. Strong possibility and either team would lose to Louisville so there's little risk involved.

Yeah I dont know why anybody would be scared of KSU. It's hard to beat tournament teams 2 on 5.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:21 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.

Thanks...

As for the Purdue thing, there were a few posts here and there the last few pages.

As far as Clemson goes, I'm very curious as to why you don't think they'll be there (I'm assuming that means they'll lose to Vandy), I'm not impressed with Vandy...Ogilvy is very soft and they don't have much scoring other than Foster...but Clemson's specialty is shutting down the guards with their tenacious defense and full court press.

I really only see one impressive win for Vandy all year (against Tennessee) and not to discredit it, but Vandy was home and Tenn was exhausted after throwing it all out against Memphis, the win was kinda expected. On the other hand they have a few embarrassing losses.

I really think it's gunna be a Kansas vs. Clemson matchup, just not sure where to go after that..

Old 03-16-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I gutsy or ******** to have Davidson in the Elite 8?
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Oklahoma isn't that good. Is that good enough?
Good enough for me.

Go Hawks~!

Quote:
Old 03-16-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
Am I gutsy or ******** to have Davidson in the Elite 8?

********. I think they'll definetly beat Gonzaga, but I think they'll lose to either Georgetown or Wisconsin before the elite eight.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
********. I think they'll definetly beat Gonzaga, but I think they'll lose to either Georgetown or Wisconsin before the elite eight.
I'm leaning that way. Just looking for other opinions
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
St.Joes will beat them...I'm a Big 12 fan, and Oklahoma is simply horrible, they're post players are hurt (Longar and Blake Griffin) and their guards suck

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Bob Knight looks like he wants to kill Dick Vitale
Old 03-16-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post

I don't think it's absurd to consider Clemson over Kansas at all...I actually have that match-up as well. However, I still think that Kansas will come out on top. Kansas will handle the press well and will play well in the half-court. I really don't think that Clemson has the shooters to beat us

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-16-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Purdue vs. Baylor to me is the most interesting match-up..Purdue has the great perimeter defense while Baylor has the great perimeter offense

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-16-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
I don't think it's absurd to consider Clemson over Kansas at all...I actually have that match-up as well. However, I still think that Kansas will come out on top. Kansas will handle the press well and will play well in the half-court. I really don't think that Clemson has the shooters to beat us
Yea, that's the part that makes me nervous...it'll (at least I think it will) inevitably be a close game, and Clemson's likely to shoot themselves in the foot because of their horrendous free throw shooting. Add the fact that even if Clemson shuts Kansas down (just for arguments sake) Kansas has a very good D as well, and it's not like Clemson will then be able to easily take advantage offensively...

Old 03-16-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Bob Knight looks like he wants to kill Dick Vitale
That's not like Knight to get ticked off like that.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2008, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

As of right now I have:

Tenn
USC
UCLA
Texas

as my Final 4, but I'm sure that will change once I do some reading.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2008, 07:38 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
That's not like Knight to get ticked off like that.
Dick's lucky he was talking to him through satellite and not sitting next to him at the desk.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a wide variety of upsets in the first round, BIGGEST ONE........'

UT-ARLINGTON OVER MEMPHIS!

IT IS HAPPENING!!!!!

I like both George Mason over Notre Dame and Winthrop over Washington State.
I like both Baylor over Purdue and Georgia over Xavier.
Kentucky, Baylor, and George Mason all to the sweet 16!
Old 03-16-2008, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Dick's lucky he was talking to him through satellite and not sitting next to him at the desk.
It's also good ESPN bolted the chairs to the set.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2008, 07:40 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Final Four : Louisville, Georgetown, Texas, UCLA
Championship Game : Louisville vs UCLA
Champion : Louisville

Notable upsets : Siena over Vanderbilt (Rd 1), Western Kentucky over Drake (Rd 1), South Alabama over Tennesee (Rd 2), Mississippi State over Memphis (Rd 2), Clemson over Kansas (Rd 3)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote