Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Old 03-13-2008, 11:44 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I can already tell you which team won't win the division...
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:54 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is way too early to be discussing, but hey, that's the fun of it. My early guess would go with Minnesota, but it's awfully close. Early guess has Detroit last, with probably Green Bay 2nd.

Positionally, obviously, a lot of changes will happen, and it is WAY Too early, but what the hell

QB: Eh, by default, it's Kitna for now, although I expect someone to play better. I wouldn't rule out Jackson at the end of the day, but a lot of time.

RB: Minnesota, Green Bay, Chicago, Detroit

WR: Green Bay, Detroit, Minnesota, Chicago

TE: Chicago, Green Bay, Minnesota, Detroit

OL: Minnesota, Green Bay, Chicago, Detroit

DL: Green Bay, Chicago (although strong NT play would push us ahead), Minnesota, Detroit

LB: Chicago (edge for me is Hillenmeyer's consistency), Green Bay, Detroit (1 stud gets the edge over Minny), Minnesota

DB: Green Bay, Chicago, Minnesota, Detroit

K/P: I'd take it Chicago, and uh ... screw it, it's kickers and punters

and um, it's pretty clear where the return award goes
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:58 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

GB 24
CHI 19
DET 10
MIN 15

thats if 1st=4 points 4th=1 point

i excluded K/P and Qb. so add them the way you believe they should be. makes it look rather interesting, i guess i am kinda bored
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
K/P: I'd take it Chicago, and uh ... screw it, it's kickers and punters
Not just any kicker, Robbie "Worth his Weight in" Gould!

I'll take the hit and say the Chicago Bears win the division.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:02 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyle Orton better turn into Sid Luckman for that to happen.

Or Sexy Rexy into "first five games of 2006" and not "first five games of 2007".

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:06 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
GB 24
CHI 19
DET 10
MIN 15

thats if 1st=4 points 4th=1 point

i excluded K/P and Qb. so add them the way you believe they should be. makes it look rather interesting, i guess i am kinda bored
Hmm ... interesting ...

That said, uh, and I'm too lazy to do it ...

what's the offensive and defensive splits? ah maybe i'll do it anyways.

Offense - Minnesota 12, Chicago 9, Green Bay 13, Detroit 6 (without QB)

I'll include QB in. For now, I'll go Detroit/Minnesota/Green Bay/Chicago.

Thus, final offensive tallies for me: Minnesota 15, Green Bay 15, Chicago 10, Detroit 10

Defense - Minnesota 5, Green Bay 11, Chicago 10, Detroit 4

Obviously, this is ridiculous (suggests a huge gap between Vikings defense versus Packers, but Vikings could very well have the better defense if things pan out), but what the heck.

Last edited by toonsterwu : 03-14-2008 at 12:10 AM.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:06 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ill be a homer and say the Packers. If Aaron Rodgers produces then there shouldnt be a huge dropoff from Favre as QB. Yes I said it Favre had a good year one of his better ones but he was out of his prime. Aaron Rodgers adds a running dimension to ou QB spot because unlike Favre he can atleast run. If Aaron Rodgers sucks our D should hold us in the games. It should be a good race to the top every team has its share of question marks and injurys will play a big role.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, it's a bit sad to say with no vote of confidence for the offense, but the defense will get the job done. We'll see if Hester can continue to make stupid good plays and score six touchdowns, lol.

But Minnesota and Green Bay are very good picks. As the Vikes defense improves with Frazier, and they've got the running game to limit the bad plays from the quarterback position. The Packers are still a very talented team on both sides of the ball, they've got other veterans besides Favre to direct the team.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
ill be a homer and say the Packers. If Aaron Rodgers produces then there shouldnt be a huge dropoff from Favre as QB. Yes I said it Favre had a good year one of his better ones but he was out of his prime. Aaron Rodgers adds a running dimension to ou QB spot because unlike Favre he can atleast run. If Aaron Rodgers sucks our D should hold us in the games. It should be a good race to the top every team has its share of question marks and injurys will play a big role.
The Packers should let Rodgers scramble in the pocket, but if they've got him running like Steve Young he's going to get his brains mangled. He's way too slightly built to be taking hits from defenders.

I wouldn't underestimate Favre's ability to avoid sacks either. I've been rather critical on a lot of aspects of his game, but he's always made his offensive lineman look a lot better than they really were.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:10 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Chi
Off 9
Def 10

GB
Off 13
Def 11

Det
Off 6
Def 4

Min
Off 12
Def 5

sorry i guess i did minny wrong 17 points for them
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The Packers should let Rodgers scramble in the pocket, but if they've got him running like Steve Young he's going to get his brains mangled. He's way too slightly built to be taking hits from defenders.

I wouldn't underestimate Favre's ability to avoid sacks either. I've been rather critical on a lot of aspects of his game, but he's always made his offensive lineman look a lot better than they really were.
Yes ill agree with that Favre was great at getting the ball out and avoiding sacks. Favre only got sacked12 or 13 times this season which is pretty darn good when u compare it to som teams that had 50. On the flip side when Favre was about to be sacked he would throw it up into 5 people or do something boneheaded. Sometimes it worked which was a major thing he was known for doing magic but also ints. I guess we will find out how our line is with Rodgers at QB.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Oh completely, that's why Favre struggled against Lovie Smith's defensive. Pass rush from the front 4 and a bunch of zone coverage from the back 7. I actually wanted him to stick around another year or two so we could try and make that win-loss differential against him look a little less pitiful.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:34 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Well, I can already tell you which team won't win the division...
It's like the four GM's sat at a table when the offseason started, and went like
"who wants to win the division?" and Millen just went "not it!"

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
But Minnesota and Green Bay are very good picks. As the Vikes defense improves with Frazier.
I've seen you bring that up a couple times when talking about the Vikings defense and I think you're severly overating Frazier. Not that he's a bad DC, but he's nothing special. There is a good number of guys that could replace him and get the same results. They have a great DT combo along with some good run stopping linebackers which gives them a top run defense. Let's take a look at some of the numbers

In 2006 pre Frazier
8th in total yards| 14th in points| 1st in rush defense| Last in pass defense

2007 with Frazier
21st in total yards| 12th in points|1st in rush defense (up 13 yards a game from 2006 though)| Last in pass defense
Old 03-15-2008, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

#1. The pass defense has nowhere to go but up, amirite? :p

#2. Give him time to coach up the secondary, especially the young guys like Cedric Griffin and Marcus McCauley. We saw signs of improvement last year imo. Plus now he has a safety he really likes in Madieu (sp?) Williams, to build into his defense.

Also, they had more sacks this year than last, 38 vs. 30. Then again, the team had a ridiculous average of attempts this year, 40.4 attempts per game. 2nd highest was Detroit and Washington at 37.6 ... similar to what the Vikings had in 06 with 37.4 attempts per game, which was the league lead then.

Apparently teams got it figured this season that going in, passing was the way to go. And maybe the Minny offense with the quarterback situation had something to do with it, but I'm too lazy to check.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:30 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears offense just projects horribly for 08 so I can rule them out. Need an OL, RB, WR, QB. Only thing they have going for them is TE which is far from locked up since it's a rookie who had an average season.

Detroit is just too far away from doing anything. Their WR's scare me but CJ needs to fix the drops and they need an OL to get the offense working, otherwise a pass rush kills anything they get going. Their defense has always been a weakness and since they got rid of some of their better players on that side they should consider themselves lucky to be as good as last year.

The division is between the Vikings and Packers.

Vikings have a good team. Their running game works with elite OL and RB play. However they will get nowhere if TJack and the receivers don't get going. They are young and showed progress, they just need to take the next step forward. Similar situation on defense. Great against the run and average secondary but need a pass rush or they can be exploited.

GB is solid all over with good depth. Disastrous consequences if they get injuries at Rodgers, Harris, Woodson, otherwise it is their division to lose. Also need good play out of Rodgers but he looks solid, still another possible weakness. You have to expect something to go wrong, hopefully it's where they have depth.

If it clicks for the Vikings they could be unstoppable, and if things go wrong for GB they will be in a bad spot.

GB > MN >>>>> CHI > DET

I expect Chicago's defense to be really good next year but you can't run a team on a defense and Hester. Maybe they have a trick up their sleeve on offense but right now it looks like a train wreck. Detroit is missing a good core talent base, if they could fortify the trenches they could be good, but they haven't been able to do that for a long time.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:04 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My instinct tells me that Minny will win in a walk. Jackson who evertbody laughs at will take a huge step forward in his second year as a starter and lead the Viking to the Div. title. The rider I add to this is that Peterson must stay healthy for the whole season and be productive down the stretch, something he didn't come close to doing last year.

CHI/GB, it should be a tossup if Rodgers is a real NFL starting QB which I'm not yet sold on. I give GB a slight edge.

Detroit, SAD FRANCHISE, head back towards a 2 or 3 season win total. This team has so many holes 'all the king's men couldn't put it back together again'.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I expect Chicago's defense to be really good next year but you can't run a team on a defense and Hester. Maybe they have a trick up their sleeve on offense but right now it looks like a train wreck. Detroit is missing a good core talent base, if they could fortify the trenches they could be good, but they haven't been able to do that for a long time.
It's really not that complicated. We need to re-establish the running game. It's not like we haven't seen the forumula work before. We had a pretty solid offense in 2006 with Jones and Benson.

That said, I am unconvinced we can turn it all around with two rookies on the offensive line and probably a rookie runningback as well.

We'll spend 5 of our first 6 picks on offense, so what may look like a "train wreck" will at least start to come together by the start of the season. There will very likely be growing pains though.

Old 03-15-2008, 02:44 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's really not that complicated. We need to re-establish the running game. It's not like we haven't seen the forumula work before. We had a pretty solid offense in 2006 with Jones and Benson.

That said, I am unconvinced we can turn it all around with two rookies on the offensive line and probably a rookie runningback as well.

We'll spend 5 of our first 6 picks on offense, so what may look like a "train wreck" will at least start to come together by the start of the season. There will very likely be growing pains though.
So compare it to the 2006 Packers?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
So compare it to the 2006 Packers?
They aren't at all comparable.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
They aren't at all comparable.
im not talking about style of play

Old 03-15-2008, 03:54 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
im not talking about style of play
What exactly are you talking about?
Old 03-15-2008, 04:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
What exactly are you talking about?
I'm guessing the fact that the Packers were starting a lot of rookies, especially on the offensive line.

Old 03-15-2008, 04:36 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm guessing the fact that the Packers were starting a lot of rookies, especially on the offensive line.
yeah, sorry if i wasnt clear
young offense
strong defense

Old 03-16-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just our of curiosity, are the Packers gonna start Harrell next year?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote