Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 03-03-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Buccaneers | Team acquires Griese
Mon, 3 Mar 2008 13:05:55 -0800

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers announced Monday, March 3, that they acquired QB Brian Griese (Bears) from the Chicago Bears in exchange for an undisclosed draft pick in the 2009 NFL Draft.

this wasn't anything major so i put it under this thread. IC Griese goes back to Tampa. I wish him the best.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

DaBears9654 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
i....agree? im not sure what the question is but that is a pretty nice group of corners
The original q was why do we need another safety? I was saying that same thing about cornerbacks b/c it's probably our deepest position.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.
DaBears9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:12 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears9654 View Post
The original q was why do we need another safety? I was saying that same thing about cornerbacks b/c it's probably our deepest position.
right well probably could stand to add a safety though. set on corner, not so set on safety.

if someone could gurantee me that mike brown would stay healthy, id be all for him and dan manning having at it with our backups from last year still as the backups.

sadly, mike brown is never healthy....missed something like 50 of the past 68 games i recall hearing...

so yeah, we should probably get our hands on a safety who could start soon if called upon
Old 03-03-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, bell wont be our guard this year. he signed a 6 year deal with the rams
Old 03-03-2008, 09:39 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Bell but I'm not suprised. He's not an in the trenches mauler type, which I think is more what we're looking for in our interior lineman. He'll do well for the Rams though, I'm just happy the Packers didn't sign him as I think he'd be tremendous in a ZBS.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:42 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I liked Bell but I'm not suprised. He's not an in the trenches mauler type, which I think is more what we're looking for in our interior lineman. He'll do well for the Rams though, I'm just happy the Packers didn't sign him as I think he'd be tremendous in a ZBS.
well yeah, that may be, but i guess we're pretty much left with no interesting FAs anymore....

time to look even more forward to the draft
Old 03-03-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You never know. Jerry has made some late moves in the past that nobody really expected (John Tait, Ricky Manning Jr, Darwin Walker, Wale Ogunleye). His MO seems to be working the RFA market and looking for disgruntled players to trade for.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:48 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

yeah, yyyyeah i guess so. i dont think all that many trades of young, talented o-lineman go down all that often though...

and i can't really envision a trade for one of our other needs really. maybe we find a receiver somewhere, but that seems kind of unlikely.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:43 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
yeah, yyyyeah i guess so. i dont think all that many trades of young, talented o-lineman go down all that often though...

and i can't really envision a trade for one of our other needs really. maybe we find a receiver somewhere, but that seems kind of unlikely.
DJ Hackett isn't bad at all but the only problem is he suffers from the same issues Chris Brown does. Neither can stay healthy but when they are they perform great.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:59 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone heard anything about Maurice Williams OL? He's probably my favorite OL left in FA. All I read was possibly Atlanta. thanks.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:42 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Has anyone heard anything about Maurice Williams OL? He's probably my favorite OL left in FA. All I read was possibly Atlanta. thanks.
i havent heard anything about maurice but i know the jags just cut one of their guards in naoele (or however its spelled)

but hes just another old guy whos a stop gap at best, so id stay away from him.....
Old 03-04-2008, 11:45 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Naeole will probably retire. He's got the same pectoral issues that Rueben has. It's hard to play in the interior if the muscles you use to push with are torn.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about that Miami Guy? Hadnot?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i havent heard anything about maurice but i know the jags just cut one of their guards in naoele (or however its spelled)

but hes just another old guy whos a stop gap at best, so id stay away from him.....
Maurice isn't a filler IMO, I think he definetly has starting potential. He was very good for the Jags when he played and is still very athletic for a O-lineman. I would like to see him come with a 4-5 year deal and be a starter at either OG spot or RT. He can play all 4 OL spots but wouldn't be a great fit for LT. Bringing him in would give us a ton of flexibility in the draft. We could go Chris Williams.
LT LG C RG RT
C.Williams M.Williams Kreutz Garza Tait

or we could go Otah, Cherilus, or Nicks possibly in round 2.

LT LG C RG RT
Tait M.Williams/Otah/Nicks Kreutz Garza Otah/Gosder/Nicks/M.Williams

Last edited by regoob2 : 03-04-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Maurice isn't a filler IMO, I think he definetly has starting potential. He was very good for the Jags when he played and is still very athletic for a O-lineman. I would like to see him come with a 4-5 year deal and be a starter at either OG spot or RT. He can play all 4 OL spots but wouldn't be a great fit for LT. Bringing him in would give us a ton of flexibility in the draft. We could go Chris Williams.
LT LG C RG RT
C.Williams M.Williams Kreutz Garza Tait

or we could go Otah, Cherilus, or Nicks possibly in round 2.

LT LG C RG RT
Tait M.Williams/Otah/Nicks Kreutz Garza Otah/Gosder/Nicks/M.Williams

i was saying that naeole would be a stop gap but it looks like hes too hurt to play anywhere...as for williams, i dont know.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:45 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Maurice Williams resigned with the Jags.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:51 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency

this list needs updated but it still has the FA lineman available....nothing looks real good though in therms of a LG
Old 03-17-2008, 11:48 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

well anyone who was still holding out hope for a DJ Hackett signing is out of luck. he just signed with the panthers today