Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-17-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
the Sportscenter analyst's final four's were pretty brutal.. I think all of them had all 4 1 seeds
I think it was fans voting and yea that always happens

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nah it wasn't the fan voting maybe it wasn't sportscenter

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

That's because they're all unoriginal pricks.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:29 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll say I think it is just boring to pick no upsets

Old 03-17-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
What don't they have? What are they lacking?
An ability to not choke when the going gets tough...
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On paper I think Kansas is the best team. I wouldn't doubt them winning it all... With that said, for forever I'd always pick them to go far then they choke, history is making me gun shy.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

I have North Carolina winning.. how uncreative I know.. but that's just the way my bracket worked out when I thought through it.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Memphis is going all the way...hate all you want, they just don't lose. Lost only 1 game to a then #2 team. Rose, Douglas-Roberts, and Dorsey plus some really good role players. Watch out.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Memphis is going all the way...hate all you want, they just don't lose. Lost only 1 game to a then #2 team. Rose, Douglas-Roberts, and Dorsey plus some really good role players. Watch out.
Perhaps you should watch out for their dreadful free throw shooting, mediocre three point shooting, and lack of proof by which they could win a big game.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
On paper I think Kansas is the best team. I wouldn't doubt them winning it all... With that said, for forever I'd always pick them to go far then they choke, history is making me gun shy.
Na UCLA is absolutely the best team on paper in my eyes.

Can you please tell me why they're the best team on paper though, I'm debating between them and G-Town for the final four so perhaps you will persuade me. :)

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post

Can you please tell me why they're the best team on paper though, I'm debating between them and G-Town for the final four so perhaps you will persuade me. :)
They've got upperclassman, obviously a big plus. They're good on the inside and outside. They play great defense and can produce in the halfcourt or run if it permits. The only reason I have doubts about them is their history, not a lot to do with this season.

I don't think UCLA has the balance Kansas does. UCLA runs into trouble with perimeter scoring, with that said, I've got them in the championship game lol.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

I've got UCLA winning. Along with Kansas, Texas, North Carolina in the Final Four. Upset wise I think the one I have that would stand out most is that I have Arizona beating West Virginia and Duke. They were 16-6 when healthy, having both starting guards. This is in the Pac 10 of course, along with arguably the toughest schedule in all of College Basketball. Plus WVU and Duke aren't clearly better in my opinion when I factor everything into account.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:25 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
They've got upperclassman, obviously a big plus. They're good on the inside and outside. They play great defense and can produce in the halfcourt or run if it permits. The only reason I have doubts about them is their history, not a lot to do with this season.

I don't think UCLA has the balance Kansas does. UCLA runs into trouble with perimeter scoring, with that said, I've got them in the championship game lol.
If Bill Self wasn't Kansas' coach, I'd probably pick them to go all the way easily.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:01 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So let me get this straight, since a team in 2004 choked to Bucknell, Kansas teams always have the ability to choke?

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever

But whatever, I'll let the haters hate...

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:04 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have the same final 4 as Bobby Knight.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:05 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
If Bill Self wasn't Kansas' coach, I'd probably pick them to go all the way easily.
Why? He's a top 5 coach... Oh but since Roy's team didn't buy into Self's system and got upset by Bucknell, I suppose Kansas always will choke, and we shouldn't even accept bids to the NCAA

We lost to Bradley because we had a team made up of entirely freshmen and sophomores, I don't really see that as a huge upset.

Upsets are a part of college basketball, Roy choked more than Self has, yet he still won a National Championship eventually. Every major program has been upset quite a few times, yet I don't see those teams and coaches being called and saying that they always choke.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-18-2008, 02:07 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post

Kansas will dominate the boards in that game and use the best defense in the country to shut down G-Town's perimeter game. We just have way too many weapons on offense, inside and outside, to lose that game

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-18-2008, 02:07 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But a different result,

Kansas beats UNC
UCLA beats Pitt

Kansas beats UCLA
Old 03-18-2008, 02:11 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
An ability to not choke when the going gets tough...
Oh yeah, like last when Southern Illnois had us on the ropes in the Sweet 16, oh wait....

Or how bout last year during the regular season when Florida came back to beat us, oh wait...

Or how bout in last year's Big 12 championship game, when we were down 19 points to Kevin Durant and co., we didn't come back in that game did we?

Or how bout in this year's Big 12 championship game where D.J. Augustin and A.J. Abrahms where trading shot for shot with us?

There's been plently of times when KU has won tough games over the past few years, but I guess since we lost to Bucknell, we'll never win another NCAA championship

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-18-2008, 02:13 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
But a different result,

Kansas beats UNC
UCLA beats Pitt

Kansas beats UCLA
Yeah, I've got KU-UCLA in the finals too

But I have Louisville and Texas in the Final Four instead

I have Pitt in the Elite 8, but Texas is just too good

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-18-2008, 02:29 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why? He's a top 5 coach... Oh but since Roy's team didn't buy into Self's system and got upset by Bucknell, I suppose Kansas always will choke, and we shouldn't even accept bids to the NCAA

We lost to Bradley because we had a team made up of entirely freshmen and sophomores, I don't really see that as a huge upset.

Upsets are a part of college basketball, Roy choked more than Self has, yet he still won a National Championship eventually. Every major program has been upset quite a few times, yet I don't see those teams and coaches being called and saying that they always choke.
Um Because he's never been to the Final 4? The team he left in U of I went to the Finals the next year. Bill Self has to prove he can do it just like Roy did. Until then people are allowed to dog him.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:17 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone says this Kansas team is different and their road is easy enough for them to go all the way. I'm going to have them in the Final Four by default, at least in my mind. Haven't quite finished my bracket, though...
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:57 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh yeah, like last when Southern Illnois had us on the ropes in the Sweet 16, oh wait....

Or how bout last year during the regular season when Florida came back to beat us, oh wait...

Or how bout in last year's Big 12 championship game, when we were down 19 points to Kevin Durant and co., we didn't come back in that game did we?

Or how bout in this year's Big 12 championship game where D.J. Augustin and A.J. Abrahms where trading shot for shot with us?

There's been plently of times when KU has won tough games over the past few years, but I guess since we lost to Bucknell, we'll never win another NCAA championship
You know I was talking about NCAAs right? Allow me to modify my college basketball posts, just for you!

KANSAS IS DA GRATYST EVARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! BILL SELF ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FINAL FOURS BUT HE IZ DA BESTEST KOACH EVARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

**** man, you're so annoying with your Kansas lovefest. Let the tournament play out instead of blowing them every chance you get. Till Bill Self proves to me he can win a national title with all the talent he assembles, yes, he is a choker.

You think I give a rat's ******* ass about some regular season game against Florida? Yeah I'm sure Florida really gives a **** about losing to KU in the regular season when they went on to win back to back NCs.

Congrats on beating the UT Kevin Durants. Did it get you a national title?

Congrats on beating Southern Illinois. You still gagged away a national title.

Every year, Kansas is forced down our throats as a super duper awesome team. Win something, then we'll talk. All that talent should get you a national title. If conference titles are all you're worried about, you're shooting too low.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:50 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Check out this great ending of this game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeuEMeg8eQE

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:04 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So let me get this straight, since a team in 2004 choked to Bucknell, Kansas teams always have the ability to choke?

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever

But whatever, I'll let the haters hate...
And Bradley....And UCLA....He choked at Illinois too against Notre Dame.

Self is a decent coach but here's the thing, in crunch time when he's forced to adjust his game plan against a very good team in the Tournament, he can't. Now this year could be different because that team has some serious talent (Chalmers, Collins, Rush, Jackson, Arthur, Robinson, Kahn, etc). But history is going against Kansas in the Tournament right now.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote