Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-18-2008, 09:09 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You don't see losing to a freakin' 13 seed as an upset? Are you kidding me? You were a 4 seed, young or not, you had players on that squad who were flat out studs. Wright, Kaun, Chalmers, Rush, Robinson, Hawkins, Jackson...It was a choke job in the first round, period.

Kansas is a very dangerous team though because of the talent they possess and if Self can't get to the Final 4 this year, which I don't think he will, his job has to be re-evaluated by Kansas.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:11 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with everything Sweetness just wrote.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:34 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Why? He's a top 5 coach... Oh but since Roy's team didn't buy into Self's system and got upset by Bucknell, I suppose Kansas always will choke, and we shouldn't even accept bids to the NCAA

We lost to Bradley because we had a team made up of entirely freshmen and sophomores, I don't really see that as a huge upset.

Upsets are a part of college basketball, Roy choked more than Self has, yet he still won a National Championship eventually. Every major program has been upset quite a few times, yet I don't see those teams and coaches being called and saying that they always choke.
First thing, Bill Self is a Top 5 RECRUITER not coach. He can bring in the talent, but when it comes down to crunch time he just can't get the job done. Roy Williams, Coach K, Ben Howland, Billy Donavan, John Thompson III, Rick Pitino, and even Jamie Dixon are better COACHES. There are borderline coaches like Bo Ryan, Trent Johnson, Tom Izzo, and Tony Bennett could be considered better coaches as well.

And a 13 over a 4 is always an upset. If you don't believe it is then you should probably re-evaluate your knowledge of college hoops and sports in general

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:36 AM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bo Ryan is way better of a coach in my opinion.. the way he uses his players, who are not near the caliber of Kansas', is amazing.

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:48 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
You know I was talking about NCAAs right? Allow me to modify my college basketball posts, just for you!

KANSAS IS DA GRATYST EVARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! BILL SELF ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FINAL FOURS BUT HE IZ DA BESTEST KOACH EVARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

**** man, you're so annoying with your Kansas lovefest. Let the tournament play out instead of blowing them every chance you get. Till Bill Self proves to me he can win a national title with all the talent he assembles, yes, he is a choker.

You think I give a rat's ******* ass about some regular season game against Florida? Yeah I'm sure Florida really gives a **** about losing to KU in the regular season when they went on to win back to back NCs.

Congrats on beating the UT Kevin Durants. Did it get you a national title?

Congrats on beating Southern Illinois. You still gagged away a national title.

Every year, Kansas is forced down our throats as a super duper awesome team. Win something, then we'll talk. All that talent should get you a national title. If conference titles are all you're worried about, you're shooting too low.

Did I ever mention that I loved Kansas? No.

I simply presented counter examples to your statement that Kansas always chokes

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:48 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This Kansas team has a history of flaming out early. You can't deny that at all.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-18-2008, 12:49 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
Bo Ryan is way better of a coach in my opinion.. the way he uses his players, who are not near the caliber of Kansas', is amazing.
He coaches in a glorified mid-major conference, jk

But seriously, he had a two-seed last year, and almost lost to a #15 seed and then got beat by UNLV. If you guys want to talk about choking...

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-18-2008, 12:50 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
This Kansas team has a history of flaming out early. You can't deny that at all.
Ok, we lost to Bradley when we had all underclassmen, and then lost to UCLA in the Elite 8.

I don't really consider losing in the Elite 8 to be "flaming out early"

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-18-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

How embarrassing... haha

Old 03-18-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Your coach needs to make the Elite 8 to keep himself off the hot seat next season. I love Kansas. Not yelling, just saying.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:56 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
You don't see losing to a freakin' 13 seed as an upset? Are you kidding me? You were a 4 seed, young or not, you had players on that squad who were flat out studs. Wright, Kaun, Chalmers, Rush, Robinson, Hawkins, Jackson...It was a choke job in the first round, period.

Kansas is a very dangerous team though because of the talent they possess and if Self can't get to the Final 4 this year, which I don't think he will, his job has to be re-evaluated by Kansas.
Hawkins? LOL.

Kaun was truely anemic his first 3 years at Kansas

Wright really didn't contribute much his first year at Kansas

Jackson contributed nothing his first three years at Kansas

Rush was forced to carry that team and that's why we lost in the first round.

Let me rephrase this, I do consider it an upset, but I don't consider as a big of an upset as people are hyping it up to be.

So wait, simply because Kansas has choked before, we'll choke again? That makes no sense.

When Joakim Noah, Al Horford, and Corey Brewer were freshmen, Florida got upset in the first round by Manhattan...I guess that meant that they would continue to choke, and not win 2 straight National Championships right?

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-18-2008, 12:57 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Your coach needs to make the Elite 8 to keep himself off the hot seat next season. I love Kansas. Not yelling, just saying.
I agree...Self needs to prove himself...all I'm saying is that it is illogical to say that since Kansas has choked before, they will choke this year

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-18-2008, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hawkins? LOL.

Kaun was truely anemic his first 3 years at Kansas

Wright really didn't contribute much his first year at Kansas

Jackson contributed nothing his first three years at Kansas

Rush was forced to carry that team and that's why we lost in the first round.

Let me rephrase this, I do consider it an upset, but I don't consider as a big of an upset as people are hyping it up to be.

So wait, simply because Kansas has choked before, we'll choke again? That makes no sense.

When Joakim Noah, Al Horford, and Corey Brewer were freshmen, Florida got upset in the first round by Manhattan...I guess that meant that they would continue to choke, and not win 2 straight National Championships right?
I guess I see where you're coming from now... I don't think any coach could win with what little talent you just outlined. Bill Self = GOD.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I guess I see where you're coming from now... I don't think any coach could win with what little talent you just outlined. Bill Self = GOD.
No, we had plently of talent, just not a lot of production

You guys are missing my point entirely....

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-18-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two straight seasons you got knocked out of the first round, TWO STRAIGHT SEASONS against much lesser competition. You choked against an average UCLA team as well. Kansas has a past history of underachieving with Self. That's why we're saying they are not a good bet to choose in the Tournament and why it is a good bet they'll be upset.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Ok, we lost to Bradley when we had all underclassmen, and then lost to UCLA in the Elite 8.

I don't really consider losing in the Elite 8 to be "flaming out early"
And Bucknell in the First Round 3 years ago. Self did get to the Elite 8 in his first season there though, when they again had some serious talent.

Quote:
Old 03-18-2008, 02:29 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
He coaches in a glorified mid-major conference, jk

But seriously, he had a two-seed last year, and almost lost to a #15 seed and then got beat by UNLV. If you guys want to talk about choking...
And what do you call the Big 12? Outside of Texas and Kansas, yuck.

Quote:
Old 03-18-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Two straight seasons you got knocked out of the first round, TWO STRAIGHT SEASONS against much lesser competition. You choked against an average UCLA team as well. Kansas has a past history of underachieving with Self. That's why we're saying they are not a good bet to choose in the Tournament and why it is a good bet they'll be upset.
An average UCLA team? Right....

Aaron Affalo, Darren Collison, and Josh Shipp are much more than just average

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-18-2008, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So... Anyone else think that ASU got shafted? A little late, but since we are playing in the NIT tonight (lame) I wanted to know what you guys thought.

Seriously, the SEC sucks and let Georgia win. =(

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
So... Anyone else think that ASU got shafted? A little late, but since we are playing in the NIT tonight (lame) I wanted to know what you guys thought.

I don't feel sorry for any team that didn't get in and was on the bubble. There is a simple solution to that, WIN! Win more of the cupcake non-conference games and one or two more conference games and you don't have to worry.

Borderline losses : Illinois, Nebraska, Washington, California

If ASU would've won one of those four games then they probably would have made it...Plus Xavier was the only ranked non-conference opponent so those games against BCS conference schools mean that much more...By the way LSU was the only BCS non-conference school that they beat...WEAK!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Memphis is going all the way...hate all you want, they just don't lose. Lost only 1 game to a then #2 team. Rose, Douglas-Roberts, and Dorsey plus some really good role players. Watch out.
I'd be really surprised if they made the final four.

If they did they'd run into teams that can take care of business. They had a solid schedule this year but they'll hit a good half court team at some point and it'll be game over.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:30 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
EVERY YEAR people say the SEC is down and every year we put more in the sweet 16 than anyone else.

You should be complaining about Oregon and Arizona getting in, the Pac-10 is good but as a whole for Arizona/Oregon to get those seeds they overrated them.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:56 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
An average UCLA team? Right....

Aaron Affalo, Darren Collison, and Josh Shipp are much more than just average
UCLA got smoked by Florida, a team you beat on a neutral floor and a team that was almost knocked out by a very, very average Indiana team. UCLA was good that year but compared to you guys, c'mon. Again, you choked against lesser competition.

Wright, Rush, Collins, Arthur, Robinson, Chalmers, Jackson, and Kaun vs Afflalo, Collison, Matta-Real, Shipp, and Mbah Amoute (sp?). So by my count that's about 5 first rounders for Kansas vs 2 for UCLA.

Quote:
Old 03-18-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I can't believe the Gophers beat Indiana, we're getting completely run out of the gym by a very average Maryland team. Just not enough talent at all. Thank god for this recruiting class.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In happier news, Akron took down Florida State and my buddy Nick Dials scored 21 points. Ohio State should have kept him on the team.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote