Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:16 AM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

rascal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sounds like this trade isn't complete as the agent said Robertson and the Bengals weren't close to a contract.
rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyFalcons View Post
So are the Jets switching schemes too?
What's yalls plan for the middle of the D?
Kris Jenkins.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:51 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya this isn't a done deal yet according to the bengals site. hopefully they take care of this one, would be disappointing to have another one get away from us. Looks like we are talking with antwan odom too.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...-ready-to.html

Yup, there is the proof, not done.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Robertson is a steady DT, I was impressed with him in past seasons. I like him alot more than Rodgers.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:03 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Great job by the Bengals.

Rogers is overweight and doesn't play to his level. Robertsons value dropped being inside a 3-4. He was drafted to be a monster 3-tech and thats exactly what they're going to use him for.

Great move by Cincy.
Did not know he was a massive 3-tech, that makes it even more urgent that this deal get done. That would be perfect for what we need.

Toon... I think Thornton is basically of no use to us in the 4-3 anymore but I think he'd have much greater value at 3-4 DE. Stil, with his contract, age and lackluster performance it wouldn't surprise me to see him cut. He would help in any 3-4 transition.

I guess we'll see how this shakes out.... Sure hope they find a way.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Bluedevil$
Rookie

Bluedevil$ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hope this deal get done... we need the cap space after the huge signings of Pace and Faneca.

And D-Rob is not a 3-4 NT... he just doesn't occupy enough blocker for the scheme.
Bluedevil$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:02 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

Please sign him Broncos.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man KC has 2 5th's.We should easily be able to package that + a 4th for Robertson.Herm also drafted him
Old 03-03-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blah. The Bengals just need to hurry and acquire a DT.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man. Called off.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish we would just sit idle, not such an emotional letdown.

Stab me in the eye.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
man KC has 2 5th's.We should easily be able to package that + a 4th for Robertson.Herm also drafted him
I would like to pick him up as well but not for a 4th and a 5th.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

It seems they won't budge on his contract. Possibly they know he may be cut shortly so why let one team fight over him for more coin?
Old 03-06-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Apparently the deal isn't entirely dead, although likely on life support.

Quote:
"I guess you see why we don't say too much about things until they're done," Lewis said of the Bengals' secretive ways. "The only thing I'll say is that neither one of those things had to do with dollars and cents. It had nothing to do with money. ... There are a lot of variables.

"They were kind of running on parallel tracks, basically. At the same time we had Antwan set to come in. We were running on parallel tracks (to) see what happens and how things fit together. There is still some flexibility if things fall into place."
And Marvin when asked if the deal was dead:
Quote:
I wouldn't say that. You know, I don't think that would be true at all.
He's always very vague but it's hard to get a read. I really hope this somehow manages to happen. I like the Odom signing but we need Robertson worse.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

With the way this offseason is going, the Raiders will probably sign him to a contract for 5 years, $1.2 billion dollars....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

That's right Big Dewayne. Kill the deal. You know you wanna come play next to Fat Albert.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:09 AM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

Robertson is in Denver today getting a physical.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

their defense is still going to be terrible. they need to convert to the Tampa 2 defense. Fire Lewis, hire Ron Rivera and go Tampa 2.