Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-15-2008, 11:56 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
So because some writer wrote on his blog that Hall is not good, it is automatically true?

I would trust guys who actually watched him play through the season myself, but hey, thats just me. Some people dont like using sense and reason.

You can go through the Falcon highlights of every game and watch all the passing TDs thrown against our D. Only 1 of them was DeAngelo Hall's fault where he bit on Galloway's fake slant and Galloway proceeded to burning him for 44 yards and the TD. If there was a way to watch more Falcons tape, I suggest you watch it and see the terrific job Hall did without a great pass rush. Most teams just avoided him, and though it may be because of the rookie playing on the other side, it had alot to do with his skill.
He MUST be great, couldnt even get a 1st for him:)

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Took you a while to respond.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe we let that happen....Hall for 28 was a steal...only thing to worry about was upcoming contracts...but there is always a way around that.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:19 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nah, hes terrible and overrated.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 03-16-2008, 12:27 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're not missing out on anything!!! Well maybe were missing out on an overrated player.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HALL DENIES THAT TRADE IS CLOSE
Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2008, 11:09 p.m.

Amid reports that the Atlanta Falcons are close to trading cornerback DeAngelo Hall to the Oakland Raiders, Hall respectfully disagrees — and identifies the other teams at are or were in the hunt for services.

“As of right now, we’re still at the same stages that I was at with every other team,” Hall said, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “New York, Washington, Dallas, and Jacksonville. Nothing has been OK’d on my end. Unless they agreed to something that I don’t know about, but I don’t think no team is going to sign me without talking to me and getting everything right on my end.”

Hall declined to confirm or deny that he was in Oakland on Friday to meet with Raiders officials.

Per the AJC and others, the deal is indeed close. And the AJC says that the Falcons will get a second-round pick and a sixth-round pick in the 2008 draft.

Since Hall is signed only through 2008, it’s likely that any team that acquires his services via trade will want to simultaneously extend his contract. Previously, there were rumors that Hall wanted a deal worth at least $10 million per year; the contract given by the Eagles to cornerback Asante Samuel on the first day of free agency averages $9.5 million annually.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-16-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-16-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope this report is right. I'd welcome Hall with open arms. ...not sure about the 28th pick, but I guess I could handle it. Yeah, it's ok.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I've warmed up to this idea. I want DMAC as long as we're not giving up Barber.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

We are talking about a CB who has been seasoned in the nfl...has proven he can be dynamic...and is still only 24 years old....you'd have to be crazy to not want him on your team...like I said only worry is dollars...and that can always be worked around.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-16-2008, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Ware_HITStick
Rookie

Ware_HITStick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Man I really hope we push for hall or jump on DMAC (As long as Barber isn't involved in the trade.)
Old 03-16-2008, 09:26 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
HALL DENIES THAT TRADE IS CLOSE

“As of right now, we’re still at the same stages that I was at with every other team,” Hall said, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “New York, Washington, Dallas, and Jacksonville. Nothing has been OK’d on my end. Unless they agreed to something that I don’t know about, but I don’t think no team is going to sign me without talking to me and getting everything right on my end.”
Giants are mentioned first, maybe he'll drop his price for us. If Oakland signs him ill be really pissed, they took Gibril from us, now they're taking DeAngelo away from us.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:36 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
We are talking about a CB who has been seasoned in the nfl...has proven he can be dynamic...and is still only 24 years old....you'd have to be crazy to not want him on your team...like I said only worry is dollars...and that can always be worked around.
My concern with Hall is the same as with any other free agent cornerback--money. Hall will have to be paid like an Asante Samuel or Nate Clements, but we'll also have to give up a draft pick to get him. If you trade for Hall, and sign him long term, I can't imagine having enough cap room to afford to give Terrence Newman a similarly sized contract next season, no matter how you work the deals.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:01 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
My concern with Hall is the same as with any other free agent cornerback--money. Hall will have to be paid like an Asante Samuel or Nate Clements, but we'll also have to give up a draft pick to get him. If you trade for Hall, and sign him long term, I can't imagine having enough cap room to afford to give Terrence Newman a similarly sized contract next season, no matter how you work the deals.
Jerry said himself that the cap isn't something that keeps you from doing what you want...that you just have to get creative.

Another way to lighten the blow is factor in the money that is saved by paying hall and not the 1st rounded...granted it's not a high number but still it's something like 2 mill per..

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-17-2008, 08:22 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jerry said himself that the cap isn't something that keeps you from doing what you want...that you just have to get creative.

Another way to lighten the blow is factor in the money that is saved by paying hall and not the 1st rounded...granted it's not a high number but still it's something like 2 mill per..
good idea, but that's still about 7 million short of what
you would need per year to have meangelo..

i might get killed for this, but if they can get a hold of hall and give him
a big deal.. i could see the reasoning behind letting
terence newman go.. i just dont feel comfortable giving
40+ million to a guy that's gonna be 31 years old when
he signs it...
Old 03-17-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
good idea, but that's still about 7 million short of what
you would need per year to have meangelo..

i might get killed for this, but if they can get a hold of hall and give him
a big deal.. i could see the reasoning behind letting
terence newman go.. i just dont feel comfortable giving
40+ million to a guy that's gonna be 31 years old when
he signs it...
You sure it's 31?
Old 03-19-2008, 02:43 AM    (permalink
bdlyons26
Rookie

bdlyons26 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.bdlyons26 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Halls gone so one more rumor out of the way that we don't have to hear about anymore.......
bdlyons26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 03:18 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlyons26 View Post
Halls gone so one more rumor out of the way that we don't have to hear about anymore.......
We can be sad together.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:47 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
You sure it's 31?
My bad. He'll be 30.
Which is still older than what Anthony Henry was when we brought him in.
Can't forget that we drafted T-New at nearly 25 yrs of age.
Who the hell knows why he was that old and still playing college ball.
chris weinke style
Old 03-19-2008, 09:48 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
We can be sad together.
Don't be too sad yet.
There's still a glimmer of hope.. If MeAngelo can be selfish
and ask the Raiders for a ridiculous contract, maybe they'll trade
away Asomugha 8-)
Old 03-19-2008, 10:22 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I've warmed up to this idea. I want DMAC as long as we're not giving up Barber.
Amen brother! Thats a deadly combo, and at the very least gives Jerry a good chance to see if Mcfadden can be the Emmitt Smith he's looking for without expecting him to carry the offense as a rookie....I could see something like this worked out with the Jets or the Pats that would probably involve both our picks with even value, dont know how else we would get up there without a blockbuster deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote