Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-19-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Beasley = Rasheed Wallace on roids. If MB continues to work on his game and stay focused, kids a special talent. And he's got more of an inside game/rebounding game than Rasheed does IMO. I think Rasheed is more perimeter oriented as well. But it's a pretty good comparison.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else have Cal St. Fullerton over Wisconsin?

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
No way Jose. I have Wisconsin going deep.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:38 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
No way Jose. I have Wisconsin going deep.
Sucks for your bracket ;)

Come to think of it, I have all the Big 10 teams losing in the first round....

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-19-2008, 11:49 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i have wisconsin in the final four....
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:51 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sucks for your bracket ;)

Come to think of it, I have all the Big 10 teams losing in the first round....
Yeah, you're not going to win your pool. Wisconsin most definitely will not lose, Michigan State won't be a 5-12 upset, Purdue won't lose to Baylor. Indiana is the only I see with a realistic shot of going out in the first round, but they should handle Arkansas with out much difficulty. Wisconsin will get at least to the Sweet Sixteen. Purdue I have over Xavier though that one's definitely understandable to have the other way around. Indiana and Michigan State should both be out in the second round.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes. Its just a hunch though, nothing really backing it up
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:07 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmm... Hearing some interesting rumors about Kansas players, I'm just going to assume it's BS but if I get anything with actual substance to it I'll post up.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:08 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

and these rumors would be????
Old 03-20-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
and these rumors would be????
I'll let you read for yourself, probably just BS but if it was actually true it'd be quite the twist.

http://boards.kusports.com/showflat....&vc =1&nt=all

They got it off texags.com
http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.a...e=1&forum_id=7
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

if true that would hit them hard. all i can say is never bring your **** with you
Old 03-20-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beasley's been compared to Sheed before and that's valid. I was actually watching the Cavs/Pistons game today to compare his foot speed to LeBron and Prince. He's actually just as fast as Prince, in my mind, so that settled any thoughts IMO of him being too slow for the 3. In comparison to Sheed though, he's relatively similar, but with his athleticism and lack of length, I'd still say he's closer to Melo than Sheed. He's really a unique prospect, though.

Can't wait for that game. After I go to the Pro Football HOF, I should be back right in time for opening tip-off.

First my bracket was crazy with UNC and Duke in the final, but now it's chalk-filled with KU and UCLA there. I was kind of disappointed when I saw my championship was the same as Chris McKendry's.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:45 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Yeah, you're not going to win your pool. Wisconsin most definitely will not lose, Michigan State won't be a 5-12 upset, Purdue won't lose to Baylor. Indiana is the only I see with a realistic shot of going out in the first round, but they should handle Arkansas with out much difficulty. Wisconsin will get at least to the Sweet Sixteen. Purdue I have over Xavier though that one's definitely understandable to have the other way around. Indiana and Michigan State should both be out in the second round.
I actually have Michigan State losing. They are definitely a very talented team, but they have been so inconsistent this year, that I had to have them as one of my 5-12 upsets. I have the rest of the Big 10 teams winning though.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:56 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Indiana could lose, hell they lost to Minnesota and we've got a bunch of junior varsity players.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:17 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arkansas is a tough, tough team and with the way IU has been playing as of late, I have them losing that game. Dakich has lost all control, Gordon is playing "me" ball, Thomas is fouling out in 2 minutes every game, Ellis is a loose cannon and has faded, and I don't think DJ really cares that much anymore.

IU is still a talented squad but if they don't get knocked out by Arkansas, they'll be ousted by UNC. I've got Purdue and Wisky making a run in this tourney, and MSU losing to Pitt in the 2nd Round. I don't like inconsistent teams come this time of year, and the Spartans are highly inconsistent. The ability to beat almost anyone, but also the ability to come out flat and be upset.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:42 AM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Michael Beasley = Rasheed Wallace on roids. If MB continues to work on his game and stay focused, kids a special talent. And he's got more of an inside game/rebounding game than Rasheed does IMO. I think Rasheed is more perimeter oriented as well. But it's a pretty good comparison.
if rasheed gave two shits he would be so much more dominant. i agree though that beasley has more talent coming into the draft than wallace did. but i was just saying thats the best comparison i could really think of. really similar games. both can shoot and both have low post games
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:00 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I'll let you read for yourself, probably just BS but if it was actually true it'd be quite the twist.

http://boards.kusports.com/showflat....&vc =1&nt=all

They got it off texags.com
http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.a...e=1&forum_id=7
If that's true, I think I'm going to be sick...but it's most likely not

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-20-2008, 08:35 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt it's true. Would have been reported elsewhere. All this other stuff has no credibility.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:39 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of people are falling in love w/ my Arizona Wildcats. First, everyone was complaining that they even got in and now everyone is on the bandwagon. Tons of talent...anything is possible but, I even as a fan, are not sold on them going that deep in the tourny. This season has just been one huge disappointment, my expectations are quite low.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-20-2008 at 08:50 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:48 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think much of Oregon or Arizona. Arizona has a lot of talent, but I don't see them take advantage of it. Lute Olson as the coach right now might have changed my mind, but I'm not a fan of the current squad under the existing regime. I think they got in on "brand name", and they didn't rise to the occasion enough during the season. I have not picked them at all.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-20-2008, 08:51 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wish my local boys would have made it. Then I would have gone.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-20-2008, 08:54 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Which ones? Tech?

Old 03-20-2008, 09:06 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Which ones? Tech?
Nah, I dont live in Georgia anymore. (if that's what you meant) Not for a while...I've lived in Jersey for many a years...more than anywhere else. I used to move all the time when I was younger...Georgia, Texas, Florida, Arizona, Nevada, Pennsylvania. All over the place...but, I've been living in NJ for the last 8 years or so.

Anyway, as for that "local team". My buddy and I go to all the Lafayette Leopards games in Easton, PA...which is like 2 miles away from my house. They started off the season 14-6 and seemed like a lock but, they ended up losing 8 of their last 9. ha. We were going to go if they made the NCAA tourny.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-20-2008, 09:09 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Gotcha. If you're in Easton, you can get to Reading to see the AA Reading Phillies... haha...

Old 03-20-2008, 09:12 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Gotcha. If you're in Easton, you can get to Reading to see the AA Reading Phillies... haha...
Easton's just over the bridge...I'm just barely in NJ. I do plan on seeing the Iron Pigs one of these days...haha...and their crappy mascot.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS