Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-21-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts from today's games;

- Chalk, chalk, chalk...Only a couple "minor" upsets today, favorites took care of business

- UCLA made a statement today, 29 points for their opponent? They're easily Final 4 bound unless something happens

- Duke are pretenders...I thought they were a good team this year but without any inside presense, they are going down early...Another overhyped Duke team though, go figure

- Notre Dame is scaarrryy....When they make shots. They are basically Duke with an inside game

- Arizona fades....AGAIN. Granted they don't have a lot of depth but jeeze, they've got some studs on that team, seems like underachieving has become academic for them

- Purdue could make a run...They are young but if they can get consistent production from Johnson down low, this team is dangerous with the way they shoot it and play defense

- Balanced teams win (Duke is an exception today)....Look at past champions, not one of them didn't have an inside presence that they could go to. That's what will be the downfall of teams like Tennessee, Duke, Texas, etc...This new era of run and gun 3 point shooting is exciting, but more often than not a team that can score inside/outside is going to win and that's why I have UCLA and UNC in my Championship Game.

- Beasley vs Mayo...Funny thing is, Bill Walker kind of stole the show against his former high school teammate. Great game and both performed pretty well, although I think you have to say Mike got the edge in this one in both areas (got the win and had the better line)

- Game of the day on Saturday....MSU/Pitt, two very good teams going at each other, should be a barn burner

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and my upset watch...UNLV and Kansas. Kruger is a helluva coach and Self's teams are known to have let downs in the tournament. I think Kansas wins but don't surprised to see the Rebels take them out early.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:55 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sure hope tomorrow tops today... I didn't get much of a chance to really watch the games but they all seemed pretty lame in terms of finishes less the Duke game. Duke/Belmont and Marquette/UK were the only ones not decided with a minute left I think, plus no upsets. Last year was rough too.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:25 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UT-ARLINGTON WILL BEAT MeMPHIS!
Old 03-21-2008, 01:51 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Oh and my upset watch...UNLV and Kansas. Kruger is a helluva coach and Self's teams are known to have let downs in the tournament. I think Kansas wins but don't surprised to see the Rebels take them out early.
Kruger is no doubt a great coach, but I'm really not buying an upset here...UNLV doesn't have a great half-court offense nor are they great shooters...Also, they don't have a player over 6'7' which is really going to hurt their chances. In the end, Kansas by 15.

I really don't get the Bill Self hate though, every coach has been known to have let downs...Coach K has had a couple of early exits with hyped teams, Roy Williams lost many early games, Izzo has been upset several times...Every major coach has been upset before, it happens...How's life after Self in Illinois...seems like you can't win without his players...Please tell me the CBI let you guys in...

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:55 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Is this the first time you've seen Butch play? Yes he did take a red shirt and he's been hampered by injuries as well. Butch is a very, very good player. Inside/outside scorer and a very solid scorer.

How in god's name does Duke have 8 burger boys and barely beat Belmont?
No, I've seen him before, he's quite frankly average...But I guess in the Big 10, he qualifies as a "very, very good player' and 'very solid scorer', jk ;)

But seriously, I was more commenting on how worthless the McDonald's All-American selections are, because Butch isn't all that special.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-21-2008, 02:03 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC screwed up 3 games for me, damn you Mayo I thought you were gonna go Carmelo on everyone

everything else has been perfect so far

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:22 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Oh and one more thing, I still can't believe why coaches are still going to these gimmicky defenses like the box and 1 as well as other zones in order to stop Michael Beasley. Even in losses, Michael Beasley has had great games (He scored 39 points when KU beat KSU by 20+). However, when KSU has lost, it's because the supporting cast (including Bill Walker) has not performed. If coaches would just let Beasley do his damage and focus on the other players, teams would have more success against them.[/rant]

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-21-2008, 10:49 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Oh and one more thing, I still can't believe why coaches are still going to these gimmicky defenses like the box and 1 as well as other zones in order to stop Michael Beasley. Even in losses, Michael Beasley has had great games (He scored 39 points when KU beat KSU by 20+). However, when KSU has lost, it's because the supporting cast (including Bill Walker) has not performed. If coaches would just let Beasley do his damage and focus on the other players, teams would have more success against them.[/rant]
Agree 100%. Nice rant and plus rep.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baylor, Arizona and Kentucky (to a lesser extent) truly showed why they belonged to be picked as an at-large team in the tournament. Seriously, how the hell did they let Baylor into the tournament. I could name 4 schools that should have been in before them.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited to watch Davidson/Gonzaga. It should actually be a good game.
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

American is outrebounding Tennesse by 10, and Tennessee just looks awful.

ugh, I just got switched to the Miami game.

Last edited by Tampa 2 4 life : 03-21-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Tampa 2 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
American is outrebounding Tennesse by 10, and Tennessee just looks awful.
Tennessee has a worse post-presence than Duke. That says a lot.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 03-21-2008, 12:14 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Kruger is no doubt a great coach, but I'm really not buying an upset here...UNLV doesn't have a great half-court offense nor are they great shooters...Also, they don't have a player over 6'7' which is really going to hurt their chances. In the end, Kansas by 15.

I really don't get the Bill Self hate though, every coach has been known to have let downs...Coach K has had a couple of early exits with hyped teams, Roy Williams lost many early games, Izzo has been upset several times...Every major coach has been upset before, it happens...How's life after Self in Illinois...seems like you can't win without his players...Please tell me the CBI let you guys in...
But coaches like Williams and Izzo have gotten it done with the talent they have brought in, and neither have been upset to the magnitude of Self (Bucknell and Bradley).

That's the difference. Self has NEVER been to the Final 4, Roy has been there what, 3 or 4 times...Izzo has been there just as much if not more. With the team he has right now it would be a major choke job if he fails to reach the Final 4. They are head and shoulders above anyone in their region in regards to talent. Georgetown and Wisconsin are good teams but Rush, Chalmers, Arthur, Collins, Robinson, Kaun, Jackson, etc...That's just ridiculous.

Quote:
Old 03-21-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

As far as coaching goes, Kruger > Self. Self might be a better recruiter, but I don't think anyone can argue that Kruger is a better in-game coach than Self.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 03-21-2008, 12:18 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Oh and life's great after Self left. We went to the National Title Game, got to the Sweet 16, won some Big 10 Titles and have had the best recruiting run in the nation the past year...Brandon Paul, Tyler Griffey, Crandall Head, Jereme Richmond, DJ Richardson, Alex Legion, Stan Simpson, Dominque Keller, and Joseph Bertrand (all 4 star caliber players or higher).

Quote:
Old 03-21-2008, 12:20 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
As far as coaching goes, Kruger > Self. Self might be a better recruiter, but I don't think anyone can argue that Kruger is a better in-game coach than Self.
And Kruger knows how to adjust, something Self does not know how to do.

Like I said, there aren't many "upset" matchups tomorrow outside or Duke so I went with UNLV over Kansas as a very good possibility.

Quote:
Old 03-21-2008, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Also, I am biased so I want to hear other people's views on the matter. Anyone else think it is screwed up that Lute Olsen was paid for his leave of absence this year? He got paid 850,000 dollars this year by the tax payers of Arizona to not coach Arizona basketball.

Anyone else believe that that is completely ****ed up?

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 03-21-2008, 12:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is Lute Olson, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
He is Lute Olson, though.
Or is he...

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 03-21-2008, 12:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant believe American is hanging w/ the Vols. The Patriot League has become a real tourny threat...haha...unbelievable.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-21-2008, 12:42 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Baylor, Arizona and Kentucky (to a lesser extent) truly showed why they belonged to be picked as an at-large team in the tournament. Seriously, how the hell did they let Baylor into the tournament. I could name 4 schools that should have been in before them.
We were an 11 seed that was down 2 with 28 seconds left... Had Ramon Harris not been in foul trouble the game would've been completely different, he's our best defender at stopping penetration which is exactly what we needed.

Only two games were decided in the final minute yesterday and only 3 were decided by less than 10 points... What a lame first day.

GO HILLTOPPERS!!!!!!!

I root for SEC teams but I can't help but pull for American just a little bit against UT... I'm sure with 10 to go they'll pull away in a hurry.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

American only down by two but, the foul situation sucks. 6 team fouls already.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-21-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drake is not hitting anything, while Western Kentucky is shooting lights out!

F*** me!

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

stephen curry is absolutely SICK!
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote