Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-22-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
im 27/32 anyone better than this?
30/32 .. the only two I didn't pick were the 13 over 4 games.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:33 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

duke gettin all the calls

i hate paulus

its 8 on 5

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 01:44 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10:20 left in the 1st half; duke already in the 1 and 1s

10 ft to 1

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 03-22-2008, 02:11 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

West Virginia is just too one-dimensional to move far in the tourney and I don't think they'll be able to pull off a win in the second half. Looking ahead for Duke after that it'll be the winner of Purdue/Xavier. Duke can surely beat Purdue, but I think their road will end when they lose to Xavier.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Duke is rattled right now, everyone is trying to do it himself.

WVU up 5.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:10 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

If you want me to put it honestly -- dook has too many white guys. I am a white guy saying that to beat it all. But realistically, besides Nelson (who has played awful) and Henderson, dook has no one who can create their own shot. Scheyer, Paulus and Singler all rely too heavily on the outside perimeter jumper. As has always been the case, if you rely solely on that jumper, you will have those days when nothing goes right.

Also, when are they ever going to get a legit post presence for when they have these days when their jumpers are not falling?

Thankfully for them, they play hard defense that always keeps them in games.

In any case, I hope West Virginia doesn't let me down.

60-49 WVA with 4:23 remaining
Old 03-22-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The refs are going to give Duke ever opportunity to win. They have shot twice as many free throws as WVU.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't bring myself to enjoy Duke being beaten by WVU, simply because Bob Huggins is a giant scumbag.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:16 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

that...and I had Duke in my sweet sixteen...or maybe even my elite eight...damn...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, a lot of people said that Duke's lack of rebounding and their reliance on the three point shot will kill them...and it did.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

SWEET 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i had wvu beatin duke in my bracket

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 03-22-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
SWEET 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i had wvu beatin duke in my bracket

Me too that just skyrocketed me in the standings.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:02 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had Duke in my Elite 8. Oh well. I don't care. THEY LOST!! SUCK IT DUKE BOYS!
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
The refs are going to give Duke ever opportunity to win. They have shot twice as many free throws as WVU.
I HATE when people say things like this. The refs are paid professionals. Their jobs are dependent on their accuracy. Could it possibly be that WVU just fouled Duke more often than Duke fouled WVU? Refs have ZERO vested interest in who wins these games. There is NO conspiracy here. Stop trying to make it seem like there is.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:19 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
I HATE when people say things like this. The refs are paid professionals. Their jobs are dependent on their accuracy. Could it possibly be that WVU just fouled Duke more often than Duke fouled WVU? Refs have ZERO vested interest in who wins these games. There is NO conspiracy here. Stop trying to make it seem like there is.
You're either a Duke fan or obviously you've never watched a Duke game.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
did you watch the game? the calls so favored duke

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 03-22-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
did you watch the game? the calls so favored duke
EVERY second of it. WVU fouled Duke more. Plain and simple.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
You're either a Duke fan or obviously you've never watched a Duke game.
I'm no Duke fan. In fact, I couldn't be more indifferent about the game. But yes, I did watch the game.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Kansas State should beat Wisconsin today. They are just too athletic not to beat Wisconsin.
Wisconsin is the most sound team in the tournament right now on both ends of the floor. K-State may be athletic but they don't play the defense, they don't pass as well, they don't shoot as well, and they don't execute as well as Wisconsin.

Being athletic doesn't mean a whole helluva lot if you're playing a team that can execute like Wisconsin can.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Wisconsin is the most sound team in the tournament right now on both ends of the floor. K-State may be athletic but they don't play the defense, they don't pass as well, they don't shoot as well, and they don't execute as well as Wisconsin.

Being athletic doesn't mean a whole helluva lot if you're playing a team that can execute like Wisconsin can.
Not to mention I don't think anyone would say WVU is more athletic than Arizona. Or San Diego more athletic than UCONN. Athleticism doesn't add up to a whole lot in college basketball. I put a lot more emphasis on team play, and consistency.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dammit DUKE YOU JUST ****** ME OVER!

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:12 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kstate is awful to watch, it's a wonder how they even got this far. It is basically watch Beasley or Walker go 1 on 5, and when they don't get the ball they won't play defense.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Kstate is awful to watch, it's a wonder how they even got this far. It is basically watch Beasley or Walker go 1 on 5, and when they don't get the ball they won't play defense.
But they're just so damn ATHLETIC. There is no way a team could play with them...especially Wisconsin. Wisconsin is too boring to win this game. All they do is pass and make jump shots and play defense and not turn the ball over and play with consistency and spread the ball around. But other than that, they don't do anything...
Old 03-22-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is the Kent shooting threes for Kansas State?

The are really showing their immaturity today.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

Remember when people were saying Wisconsin's defense wasn't really that good because they don't play anyone that knows how to play offense...