Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-22-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

College Basketball can waive goodbye to Michael Beasley in about 4:00 minutes.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Way to taunt our players after getting that dunk Beasley. You're only down 19 at that point. Loser.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

well duke kinda screwed me but i am still safe on wisconsin. i have them in my final four
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This loss will probably hamper Kansas State in the future as well.

Beasley is definitely gone, and I can see Walker leaving too. Kansas State could very well be back in the cellar of the Big 12 next year. Hope the fans in Manhattan cherish the year the Wildcats had this year.

Old 03-22-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
This loss will probably hamper Kansas State in the future as well.

Beasley is definitely gone, and I can see Walker leaving too. Kansas State could very well be back in the cellar of the Big 12 next year. Hope the fans in Manhattan cherish the year the Wildcats had this year.
If you can "cherish" going 22-11 or whatever they did...
Old 03-22-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
If you can "cherish" going 22-11 or whatever they did...
Not a gracious winner are you?

Old 03-22-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

Quote:
Not a gracious winner are you?
Not when all year long and leading up to the tourney everyone was saying we'd get pushed around by KSU/USC.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't worry, Wisconsin won't be able to match up athletically with Davidson or match up defensively with Georgetown.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Not when all year long and leading up to the tourney everyone was saying we'd get pushed around by KSU/USC.
Well the Badgers play today speaks for itself. They shot well from the outside, and played a very good defensive game. The game in the sweet sixteen should be a good one. Georgetown matches up very well with the Badgers. If Davidson gets past the Hoyas I can see the Badgers cruising to the Elite Eight.

Old 03-22-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Don't worry, Wisconsin won't be able to match up athletically with Davidson or match up defensively with Georgetown.
I can't tell if that was sarcasm or not, so I'm not going to get into it. I just can't wait to hear Hubert Davis on ESPN tonight talking about how "If you watched the game, Kansas State really outplayed them all day long. Wisconsin just had a few bounces go there way."
Old 03-22-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

Quote:
Well the Badgers play today speaks for itself. They shot well from the outside, and played a very good defensive game. The game in the sweet sixteen should be a good one. Georgetown matches up very well with the Badgers. If Davidson gets past the Hoyas I can see the Badgers cruising to the Elite Eight.
I agree, although both teams scare me a lot. It would be fun to watch those Davidson guards play against our defensive minded guards. Georgetown scares me though because they're strong both internally and on the perimeter. Although with the way we played physically down low today I wouldn't mind watching us vs. Hibbert.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been a fan of the Badgers all year, but even I don't see them beating Georgetown.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can't tell if that was sarcasm or not, so I'm not going to get into it. I just can't wait to hear Hubert Davis on ESPN tonight talking about how "If you watched the game, Kansas State really outplayed them all day long. Wisconsin just had a few bounces go there way."
I have Wisconsin in the final four, so that should answer your question. And the Big Ten hatred will power through all even if Purdue wins right now and MSU wins later.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

I can't see Georgetown letting Curry do what he did to Gonzaga happen again. The Hoyas play tough defense, and will slow the game a snails pace. The Hoyas should advance to the Sweet Sixteen.

Old 03-22-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

Bf_51, I agree, I don't know if we can match up with him either. But we really couldn't match up against Beasley either so I'm not counting anything out.

Brodeur, sorry to doubt you.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I've been a fan of the Badgers all year, but even I don't see them beating Georgetown.
Georgetown will have a harder time beating Davidson than Wisconsin because of their style of play, Wisconsin is the perfect fit for Georgetown. If Gtown and Wisconsin plays it all depends on how the refs call the game. Because some games the refs allow defenders to just push Hibbert out of the lane every time with no call.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

The thing about Davidson, and really the tournament in general, is that guards play such a HUGE role. The way they've played some of the more prestigious teams this year I wouldn't be so sure.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

What is good for Purdue is that the Baby Boilers should be very battled tested. I can't imagine how good they will be next year. They should be loosing any underclassmen early right?

Old 03-22-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

What a great inbound play by Xavier!
Old 03-22-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Sucks View Post
Wisconsin could easily beat Georgetown. Hibbert is as slow as dirt. Just play good defense and watch the back screens, play their usual offense and they could easily knock off Georgetown. What messed my bracket up is Clemson.. I had them in the elite 8
I think you are overrating Hibbert's lack of speed, if you watch him you will see he runs the court pretty fast for his size, no slower than Butch or Steimsa.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

I saw Georgetown earlier this year when they played at DePaul. I was very impressed with Summers and Wallace. I think Hibbert could be a very dominant player in the NBA a few years from now. I also love Patrick Ewing as a role player. I think that Georgetown has a great chance to win the National Championship.

Old 03-22-2008, 05:45 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Sucks View Post
Hibbert is as slow as dirt.
And Butch and Stiemsma are world class sprinters right?

Old 03-22-2008, 05:45 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

Quote:
I saw Georgetown earlier this year when they played at DePaul. I was very impressed with Summers and Wallace. I think Hibbert could be a very dominant player in the NBA a few years from now. I also love Patrick Ewing as a role player. I think that Georgetown has a great chance to win the National Championship.
I agree the pieces are there. It just seems this year they don't show up for a lot of games.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

Quote:
And Butch and Stiemsma are world class sprinters right?
I dont think thats what he was really getting at. While Hibbert is a great player, he just hasn't dominated this year like he should have and thus proposed dominace over Wisconsin may not be 100% justified.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see Wisconsin-Georgetown, that'd be a great game.