Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-15-2008, 02:36 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone thinks Glenn will get cut...this is not a given at all. What if he doesnt retire or get cut? You still want another receiver? We already have 6 and we dont even know what we even have yet in three of those guys.

As for Hurd...I do so see him as a starter type. His route running has greatly improved in two years, he's our best blocking WR, his hands are underrated...he goes up and catches the ball at it's highest point w/ regularity. His hands shouldnt be in question at all. I see a bright future...he wants to be the best, he has excellent work ethic and he has become T.O.'s protege. I wouldnt be surprised to see Hurd looking bigger and stonger this upcoming season, after working out w/ T.O. for an entire off-season. If Hurd has another year similar to this one...he'll be getting looks from other teams to potentially start or to have a larger role. He is a FA next year. As unbiased as can be...I love what I see from Hurd.

As for Crayton...way too much hate going on w/ him. He is a capable #2 who could have been in for a big pay day if he had hit the open market. He may have been the Dolphins #1 receiver if we let him walk. Considering how much Tony looks upon T.O. and Witten...Crayton had a great year in an injury riddled season. The only real complaint I have is his mouth. He needs to shut it and stay focused...he is a fine #2 receiver...who still has room to get better.

Lets say Glenn is out...I still find it unlikely we draft a receiver...it would most likely be a veteran ala Javon Walker or not addressed at all. There is no guarantee that Walker would even be the starter either...they may opt to start Crayton still.

Adding to this...If T.O. goes down...you shouldnt have much of a problem w/ the remaining receivers, Dual Rbs, and two good TE's. You can get very creative...but, that's on Garrett. I wouldnt be too quick to judge these guys in one Owensless half and a rainy game where our QB had to wear gloves.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-15-2008 at 02:51 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:32 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Everyone thinks Glenn will get cut...this is not a given at all. What if he doesnt retire or get cut? You still want another receiver? We already have 6 and we dont even know what we even have yet in three of those guys.

As for Hurd...I do so see him as a starter type. His route running has greatly improved in two years, he's our best blocking WR, his hands are underrated...he goes up and catches the ball at it's highest point w/ regularity. His hands shouldnt be in question at all. I see a bright future...he wants to be the best, he has excellent work ethic and he has become T.O.'s protege. I wouldnt be surprised to see Hurd looking bigger and stonger this upcoming season, after working out w/ T.O. for an entire off-season. If Hurd has another year similar to this one...he'll be getting looks from other teams to potentially start or to have a larger role. He is a FA next year. As unbiased as can be...I love what I see from Hurd.

As for Crayton...way too much hate going on w/ him. He is a capable #2 who could have been in for a big pay day if he had hit the open market. He may have been the Dolphins #1 receiver if we let him walk. Considering how much Tony looks upon T.O. and Witten...Crayton had a great year in an injury riddled season. The only real complaint I have is his mouth. He needs to shut it and stay focused...he is a fine #2 receiver...who still has room to get better.

Lets say Glenn is out...I still find it unlikely we draft a receiver...it would most likely be a veteran ala Javon Walker or not addressed at all. There is no guarantee that Walker would even be the starter either...they may opt to start Crayton still.

Adding to this...If T.O. goes down...you shouldnt have much of a problem w/ the remaining receivers, Dual Rbs, and two good TE's. You can get very creative...but, that's on Garrett. I wouldnt be too quick to judge these guys in one Owensless half and a rainy game where our QB had to wear gloves.

TO went down last year and we DID have trouble, the offense couldnt move, Crayton couldnt stretch the field, Austin cant catch, we had no one to step up...and you really expect to rely on Glenn to play all season? Its just not smart to go into the season with two starting wrs in their mid 30's and expect young guys to step up if they have to...

Im not saying we have to get rid of everybody, but im not sure what your attachment is to Austin, just because he's young doesnt mean he has the potential to be a gamebreaker, and one day he's just going to wake up with it...He does one thing well, and ive yet to see him show me anything else that he can do...Ive seen Hurd come into real games and make plays, cant say the same for Austin, this is the NFL, you cant expect for him to keep his job and keep saying potential...you said the same things last year about him, and in all that time he didnt make the most of his opportunities this year, sometimes thats all you get to show people and he didnt improve any...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:08 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

I have to admit that I am excited about Hurd, although that enthusiasm was tempered somewhat during the season this year. I too really like his work ethic, but I'm unsure whether he can really be anything more than a slot guy.

I'd also like to give Stanback a chance to show what he can do. Obviously there are a lot of people that think highly of him: the coaching staff, the ownership, and the scouting department. He definitely is a veritable athlete. With all of these young guys waiting in the wings, I have to believe that unless we get a really good value on someone in the first round, we won't be selecting a wide receiver until at least the second and probably the third.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
TO went down last year and we DID have trouble, the offense couldnt move, Crayton couldnt stretch the field, Austin cant catch, we had no one to step up...and you really expect to rely on Glenn to play all season? Its just not smart to go into the season with two starting wrs in their mid 30's and expect young guys to step up if they have to...

Im not saying we have to get rid of everybody, but im not sure what your attachment is to Austin, just because he's young doesnt mean he has the potential to be a gamebreaker, and one day he's just going to wake up with it...He does one thing well, and ive yet to see him show me anything else that he can do...Ive seen Hurd come into real games and make plays, cant say the same for Austin, this is the NFL, you cant expect for him to keep his job and keep saying potential...you said the same things last year about him, and in all that time he didnt make the most of his opportunities this year, sometimes thats all you get to show people and he didnt improve any...
We dont have two starters in their mid-thirties...I keep saying this, Crayton is the starter, not Glenn.

As for Austin...this is probably it for him. This is a HUGE off-season and camp for him. He has excellent raw skills but, he is still very green. There is some great potential there. Coming from Monmouth you would expect this...will he pan out? Who knows but, this isnt a guy you just let get away. The coaches obviously like this guy...he had a rough pre season but, still managed to make the team as a 6th WR...and Garrett tried to utilize him a lot at the end of the year...especially on the deep ball, where he looked a step ahead of every player that covered him. He was getting pass interference calls, which is just as good as a reception. He even played more than Hurd did in the playoff game...they were trying to get the ball to him deep...it was a little too obvious though. I think Miles will get one more year to prove himself...like i said, there is some great potential there...and he has to be given time.

I apologize if this seems a little rushed or oddly put together...I was kind of in a hurry. haha. :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-15-2008 at 11:25 PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:40 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think all this talk just really brings up the answer of how nice would it be to have a RB to split out wide...look at how the eagles use Westbrook...

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:52 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I think all this talk just really brings up the answer of how nice would it be to have a RB to split out wide...look at how the eagles use Westbrook...
Very true. That would be another huge weapon if T.O. were to go down as well.

The obvious choice here, would be Chris Johnson. I have to admit though, that I'm not completely sold on him yet.

edit...Mcfadden could be called upon to do this as well. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-16-2008, 02:12 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Very true. That would be another huge weapon if T.O. were to go down as well.

The obvious choice here, would be Chris Johnson. I have to admit though, that I'm not completely sold on him yet.

edit...Mcfadden could be called upon to do this as well. :D
I think that Stanback and McFadden on the field on the same time could be similiar to the circus....Romo out wide....can't say it would be advised...but it would be fun to watch.

Another guy who hasn't been talked about a lot is Steve Slaton..he fits this mold a lot.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-16-2008, 03:04 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Thule, did you see that there is a new poster from Grand Forks on here? Friend of yours?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-16-2008, 03:24 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think Garrett could get creative with DeSean Jackson in our offense opposite TO, he wont have the attention of the secondary and his play making ability could be big....Im really hoping that he falls to us, thats the ONLY wr I want in the first, and I wouldnt hate Hawkins or Avery being picked, but desean has the potential to be a #1 santana moss type wr, and he wouldnt be asked to do so until at least his 3rd year...Of course thats if we dont sign a wr at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
That's a very good point. It makes Chris Johnson all the more desirable.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have seen Jamaal Charles often the last few years, he could line up out wide and work similar to Westbrook. Garrett could take a page out of Sean Payton's book from Bush's rookie year when he lined up in the slot with Duece in the backfield.
- Atlanta Falcons GM
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPATS View Post
I have seen Jamaal Charles often the last few years, he could line up out wide and work similar to Westbrook. Garrett could take a page out of Sean Payton's book from Bush's rookie year when he lined up in the slot with Duece in the backfield.
Point is he didn't do it in college...and while he "may" be able to do it...he's never done it and there would be a bigger learning curve involved than with a Johnson/Slaton who have done it a lot through their college careers.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-22-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He did it quite often his freshman year. The point is he has the hands for it. He could do the simple routes Westbrook and Bush run. They really aren't that difficult to learn.

Don't get me wrong, I like Slaton as well, but I don't know if JJ is patient enough to wait around for a RB again. I think we will end up taking one within the first two rounds.
- Atlanta Falcons GM
Old 03-23-2008, 12:51 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please no Slaton.. Please no Slaton....
Old 03-24-2008, 12:56 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

We won't wait around to take a RB where Slaton is projected to go.