Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 03-23-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default I don't even know what to think...

The past two seasons I've had low expectations. For some reason I thought Walsh's Shell could take us near a 6-10, then I was right on expecting the Raiders would be 4-12 under Kiffnator. But now we've thrown a lot of money, to cover mainly our skill positions, so this most likely means we'll be targeting linemen, both offensive (specifically LT, since we dont have one..) and defensive (a DT and a LE would be oh so nice). The Drew Carter signing made me feel good after talking to several Panthers fans and reading several articles that said he was a pretty good and if kept healthy he could be a tremendous slot WR (and if you notice, most playoff teams had a quick, reliable slot WR, including the Patcheats and the Giants). The Javon Walker one, eh... overpaid, but would he sign in Oakland if it wasn't for that money? Honestly.. think about it. If he is healthy (i'm praying for this) he will be terrific help for our 60 million dollar hold out. Kwame Harris, I didn't know of, then I saw a video, read stuff, talked to friends... and frankly... that blew. Gibril Wilson made me think: FINALLY Stu is gone! Finally the DeAngelo Hall trade makes me go back to the Moss era, where I was happy as never, but at the time I was scared of what was not hopefully to come. So, all of these signings have two effects: 1. We are better in the field, 2. Players compete against better players on the other side of the ball. For example, last season Nnamdi would go up against Porter, which probably helped Porter and Fabian went against Curry, and... neither was really gonna get much better. Now we have Curry going against DeAngelo, so expect him to improve. Also Jamarcus Russell will have to be more accurate in practice. Basically everyone is affected in practice and in the game by these CB tandeem. So is the Kiff situation over? Are we going to draft a player we NEED? We know we can run block, but can we get better at pass blocking?

What are we supposed to believe is going to happen? Another losing season? A 7-9, 8-8, 9-7? Playoffs? I don't know what to expect this season... seriously.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect us to improve alot on the offensive side and defensive pass. i think we we will be 7-9 and probably could have made the playoffs or contend for a position but we are going to get ran all over if we dont get chris long and he should help

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Last edited by RaiderNation : 03-24-2008 at 10:13 PM.
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I dont get how getting Chris Long is going to stop teams from running all over us.NT's the problem not DE.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^Me either. Chris Long would help the pass rush the most, not the run stopping.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

RaiderFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

McFadden to the 20 to the 30,40,50,40,30 HE's GONE

TOUCCHDOOOWWWNNN RRRRAAAYYYDDUUUSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(McFadden Dives into the black hole and kisses a baby)

just sitting here daydreaming
RaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
I dont get how getting Chris Long is going to stop teams from running all over us.NT's the problem not DE.
Because teams don't only run on the inside. Plus I think Terdell Sands could do a good job playing NT, atleast good enough to make us draft Long and not Dorsey.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:11 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
Because teams don't only run on the inside.
Richardson/Kelly were good in run D last year at DE.
Quote:
Plus I think Terdell Sands could do a good job playing NT, atleast good enough to make us draft Long and not Dorsey.
Sands did a great job at NT last year didnt he?
Old 03-25-2008, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Sands only played like 5-10 plays a game from what I can remember.

I really have no idea what to expect from the Raiders this season. I think they have to end up with a better record that last year, even if they are a worse team [we lost something like 7 games by 7 points or less]. I am a little worried about our pass protection without Barry Sims. As much as we slagged Sims, he played fairly well last year and did a decent job protecting the QB's. I think by Game 5 or 6 Jamarcus will be heads and shoulders above where our QB's from last year were at in terms of performance.

I think if we can get some decent OT play [either from a draft pick or Henderson] OR get a good DT [Dorsey or Ellis] we can get to 8-8.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote