Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 03-26-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Lovie @ DMac workout in Arkansas

But. Something in me thinks it's NOT for Darren McFadden, that he just was looking at him while he was Lovieing for other players (like Jonesing, but without Jerry).

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:16 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also Matt Forte has a private workout with him and the rb coach in New Orleans
Old 03-26-2008, 12:53 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, everyone seems to think that it is for Dmac, but I think it is more for other players like Felix Jones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would Chicago consider Marcus Harrison after the problems they had with Tank Johnson?
Old 03-26-2008, 06:22 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Would Chicago consider Marcus Harrison after the problems they had with Tank Johnson?
Idk who that is, but pending a good interview where he admits that he made mistakes, and wants to improve himself blah blah, then yes, I could see us taking a guy who has had a shady past. Look at Dusty, we drafted him, Im pretty sure that he ensured the coaches that his problems were behind him (and they have been).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:40 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that we would consider Harrison depending on the round. I'm not sure we would pull the trigger in the top 3 rounds, or even the 4th. But if he falls to the 5th, perhaps. Talent wise, he's probably a 3rd round pick right now, but I don't see us going on a DT character gamble at that point.

As for who we were there for, I wouldn't be surprised if it was for Felix Jones. He's a guy who, if we can trade down, might make sense as a complement to Benson that can actually challenge for the starting role. I just don't see us dealing up for McFadden. Of course, there are other guys that we could be there for. Robert Felton comes to mind as a 3rd-5th round guard that we might take a look at. Marcus Monk could be a big WR that we look at in, say, the 5th or 6th round. Michael Grant could even garner a look, although the chances of that seem rather slim.

Of course, it could be much ado about nothing.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:37 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, i dont see us going for d-mac at all. barring some amazing fall by him on draft day (unlikely) i dont see him in our considerations...

now jones on the other hand...maybe. but i think itd be the 2nd round most likely. someone could snap him up sooner than that but i dont see us going all out for him..
Old 03-26-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I think that we would consider Harrison depending on the round. I'm not sure we would pull the trigger in the top 3 rounds, or even the 4th. But if he falls to the 5th, perhaps. Talent wise, he's probably a 3rd round pick right now, but I don't see us going on a DT character gamble at that point.

As for who we were there for, I wouldn't be surprised if it was for Felix Jones. He's a guy who, if we can trade down, might make sense as a complement to Benson that can actually challenge for the starting role. I just don't see us dealing up for McFadden. Of course, there are other guys that we could be there for. Robert Felton comes to mind as a 3rd-5th round guard that we might take a look at. Marcus Monk could be a big WR that we look at in, say, the 5th or 6th round. Michael Grant could even garner a look, although the chances of that seem rather slim.

Of course, it could be much ado about nothing.
I'm with you toons. I think Monk or DJ Hall would be excellent selections in the 4-5th rnds. Both have huge upsides and have proven at least something in college. Monk has been plagued by injuries though and this scares me a little bit. He has great size and speed and has been a threat when healthy. He ran some good times in his pro day also 4.40-4.41 40. Felton would be a nice choice as a late rnd Guard. McGlynn I'm not sold on. He looked outmatched in every drill I saw from Pro-Day. You've made some great mentios toons. I still think we go Mendenhall in the 1st though...lol