Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Old 03-16-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Just our of curiosity, are the Packers gonna start Harrell next year?
I would expect Pickett and a healthy Johnny Jolly to start

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
oh joy! what a happy event.

Never heard of the guy, any good?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:47 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
oh joy! what a happy event.

Never heard of the guy, any good?
He was our starter last year...
Old 03-16-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
He was our starter last year...
hey unless they're in the news I don't see-em

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Obviously, this is ridiculous (suggests a huge gap between Vikings defense versus Packers, but Vikings could very well have the better defense if things pan out), but what the heck.
If what all works out, the Vikings improving or the Packers getting worse?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:18 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more i look at this.

The more i think the lions will win the NFCN.

Okay. Maybe not. But, everyone is slightly better than average now. Vikings had possibly the best running game of the decade. I mean. Better than eddie george and the titans, better than priest holmes, lj, and lt. Because they consistantly did what they needed to do. Hold onto the ball as long as possible and keep down the turnovers. If they have a marginally better defense next year. They're the team to beat. I can seem them picking up the pieces they need next year.

The packers are sound, but i think they have defensively come close to the ceiling (and that's calling them solid and dominant, which they are, i don't think that they can look much better than they do. which, dear cheeseheads, is great). I DO THINK ryan grant will have a sophomore year. Without favre, no one's gonna respect the pass as much with aaron rodgers, even though i was really high on him a few years ago, he doesn't CAUSE defenses to miss and to make mistakes, he might be as proficient of a passer, but, he doesn't command the same line of respect.

If the bears get their line together this year... Oh, who am i kidding. they'll draft two Linemen, and next year they'll actually compete... Wait. In reality, it's not looking that great for them. I sense a real rebuild.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:10 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I think with Harell being healthy for all of the OTAs and if he stays healthy throughout training camp will win the stating job.

1.) Packers
2.) Vikings
3.) Lions
4.) Bears
Old 03-27-2008, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really? Didn't Jolly look really good last year?

I like that the Packers have built such a strong rotation and core of defensive tackles, taking a mid-round pick (big guy) year after year and then they took a guy I really liked in Harrell last year.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it will work out like this
Pickett: 90% of snaps
Jolly: 65% of snaps
Harrell: 45% of snaps

I think this year there is a big gap between the Vikings/Packers and Bears/Lions.

Packers are solid all over. Vikings have great run defense/offense but they need a passing game and a pass rush to win the division.

Lions just have too many holes. Even though Chicago's defense will probably play a lot better next year, I can't even think of a single serviceable offensive player.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
The packers are sound, but i think they have defensively come close to the ceiling (and that's calling them solid and dominant, which they are, i don't think that they can look much better than they do. which, dear cheeseheads, is great). I DO THINK ryan grant will have a sophomore year. Without favre, no one's gonna respect the pass as much with aaron rodgers, even though i was really high on him a few years ago, he doesn't CAUSE defenses to miss and to make mistakes, he might be as proficient of a passer, but, he doesn't command the same line of respect.
Glad to see we're on the same page about Grant. The nerve of those people who think he'll be out of the league after last year. ;)

As for Rodgers, duh. However, it all comes down to what he can do, not what he can't do in comparison to a HoF QB. And the defense doesn't really need to improve all that much. I'd like to see a better 3rd CB, but that's it.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Packman1957 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

IMO it all depends on whether Aaron Rodgers stays healthy. I really think he will be solid for the Pack. If he stays healthy we will win the division. If he doesn't UTOOOO!! I guess that is one reason why I don't mind us going QB in the first round (Brohm). It's a good insurance policy. If Aaron Rodgers can't stay healthy. Give the division to the Vikings.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packman1957 View Post
IMO it all depends on whether Aaron Rodgers stays healthy. I really think he will be solid for the Pack. If he stays healthy we will win the division. If he doesn't UTOOOO!! I guess that is one reason why I don't mind us going QB in the first round (Brohm). It's a good insurance policy. If Aaron Rodgers can't stay healthy. Give the division to the Vikings.
Do you not realize how insanely stupid taht would be
Old 04-11-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Do you not realize how insanely stupid taht would be
I'm not saying its the best move, but its an option. But I don't think it's stupid by any means.

I'll back up my reasoning.

Aaron Rodgers has gotten hurt almost every season he played so far. So why can't it happen again. Right now we really don't have a quality backup plan. The only thing I can think of is a trade or drafting one high. Now here are my real reasons

-If Aaron Rodgers gets hurt (which is somewhat likely), having a polished QB like Brohm would be a nice insurance policy.

-Although I believe in Aaron Rodgers given what I have seen, if he turns out to flop having Brohm behind him gives us an insurance policy.

-If Aaron Rodgers does work well for us, Brohm can be used as trading bait sometime in the future and I believe we could get a fair amount back (1st rounder) if teams are in need of a QB and are looking to get one through trade.

-Finding an elite (or at least solid) QB is so important in today's game, it can really make or break your whole team.

-The Packers don't really have any pressing needs that need to be addressed in this draft. Actually a backup QB is one of them.

-It also promotes competition, which is good for Aaron Rodgers. It pushes him to be better.

-Brohm could very well be the BPA at pick #30 especially after he posted a 4.6 40. He also is very polished and ready to step in even as a rookie if need be.

Now I want this to be understood, we are not drafting Brohm to really take over Rodgers job. Its Rodgers job to lose, anyways I am not sure TT is really going to just throw a rookie in there right away. We are drafting Brohm as an insurance policy and I think that's smart considering Rodgers injury history. We are not trying to send a message to Aaron Rodgers by making this pick. Competition is healthy. Also we don't have a backup QB right now. Don't say Favre or Nall either. I don't want to hear it.

But like I said its not neccessarily the best move, its a possibility. It's an idea. And personally I think its reasonable.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bottom line is the last thing we want is a QB controversy. But there are other holes in your argument as well.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 04-11-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha that would be sth new in Green Bay :D

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will stab ever single person in the front office if we draft Brohm at 30. I think a more likely scenario would be TT trading back with someone who wants Brohm if there really isnt any1 we want at 30, I know TT goes BPA but I still think this is going to happen and he will trade back a few spots. Then taking a CB, TE and T in round 2. Or another position if a players slips down.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
-If Aaron Rodgers gets hurt (which is somewhat likely), having a polished QB like Brohm would be a nice insurance policy.
Polished QB and rookie don't go together.

Quote:
-Although I believe in Aaron Rodgers given what I have seen, if he turns out to flop having Brohm behind him gives us an insurance policy.
That doesn't make anysense. First if you believe in him why would we draft his replacement? You don't draft a first round QB as an insurance policy, and certainly not for another first round QB.
Quote:
-If Aaron Rodgers does work well for us, Brohm can be used as trading bait sometime in the future and I believe we could get a fair amount back (1st rounder) if teams are in need of a QB and are looking to get one through trade.
You would not get a first rounder for him through a trade. The best you could hope for is a mid second. Instead of doing that you could get the first round pick we have and get someone who'd actually help our team.

Quote:
-It also promotes competition, which is good for Aaron Rodgers. It pushes him to be better.
Competition is good. Having two first round QBs competing against each other is just dumb. Actually in this situation competition shouldn't even be an issue. Whether you like it or not it's Rodgers' job.

Quote:
-Brohm could very well be the BPA at pick #30 especially after he posted a 4.6 40. He also is very polished and ready to step in even as a rookie if need be.
So? And if you want to go the BPA route QBs are not included into that. There are way to many factors in that position to justify picking a QB just because he was the "best player available". In our situation there's absolutely no way to justify it.

Quote:
Now I want this to be understood, we are not drafting Brohm to really take over Rodgers job. Its Rodgers job to lose, anyways I am not sure TT is really going to just throw a rookie in there right away. We are drafting Brohm as an insurance policy and I think that's smart considering Rodgers injury history. We are not trying to send a message to Aaron Rodgers by making this pick. Competition is healthy. Also we don't have a backup QB right now. Don't say Favre or Nall either. I don't want to hear it.
If Thompson's not going to throw a rookie in there right away you just killed your argument yourself. You don't draft insurance policies in the first roun. I adressed the competition thing earlier, but again this is not the right situation for that. Rodgers has been sitting for 3 years behind Favre waiting patiently for his chance. He doesn't need competition. It's his job. Bringing in Chillar is a good example of what you're saying about competition, this is not.

Quote:
But like I said its not neccessarily the best move, its a possibility. It's an idea. And personally I think its reasonable.
No, it's not a possibility. Now I know that might sound stupid to completely dismiss a pick, but it's true. There is no way we will draft a QB in the first. Technically there's a small fraction of a percent that we draft one, but realistically there is no chance what so ever.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Bottom line is the last thing we want is a QB controversy. But there are other holes in your argument as well.
Please explain what the holes are in my argument.

And if we did take Brohm, TT and MM would have a discussion with Rodgers after they take him. I told you the pick is not to threaten Rodgers. And personally I think Rodgers has a good enough self-esteem about himself that he won't take it in a bad way.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea cause a 1st round pick is always for depth
btw GB12 just had a long nice post explaining ur holes

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
yea cause a 1st round pick is always for depth
btw GB12 just had a long nice post explaining ur holes
I could have gone on and made better arguments, but I don't feel like wasting the time to do it. It's not a topic that's worth getting that in depth about.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:44 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Please explain what the holes are in my argument.

And if we did take Brohm, TT and MM would have a discussion with Rodgers after they take him. I told you the pick is not to threaten Rodgers. And personally I think Rodgers has a good enough self-esteem about himself that he won't take it in a bad way.
GB said everything I would have and then some. Plus I also feel this issue is not worth my time. I like Brohm but he's not for us.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 04-11-2008 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

First of all you would be surprised that there is a long thread on this on the packerchatters website. Here is the link:

http://www.packerchatters.com/4ums/i...pic=10266&st=0

Quote:
Polished QB and rookie don't go together.
Why not, Brohm is about as good as were going to get as a backup plan right now. And he is as polished as a rookie QB could be.

Quote:
That doesn't make anysense. First if you believe in him why would we draft his replacement?
I already said we aren't drafting his replacement. We are drafting this guy as insurance policy to Aaron Rodgers injury history. Which if you are a packer fan you should be well aware of.

Quote:
You don't draft a first round QB as an insurance policy, and certainly not for another first round QB.
See thats a matter of opinion. In the NFL you have to put a premium on the QB position because it is ultimately what will make or break your team most of the time. What happens if Aaron Rodgers goes down (which seems somewhat likely), what do we do, put Craig Nall in there, and settle with the inevitable 6-10 or possibly worse.

Quote:
You would not get a first rounder for him through a trade. The best you could hope for is a mid second.[/qoute]

Honestly how would you know that? That is complete BS IMO, if a team believes he can start for there team, they will offer a 1st rounder. The Falcons got two 2nd rounders in the trade for Schaub which is about equivalent to a mid-late first rounder.

Quote:
Instead of doing that you could get the first round pick we have and get someone who'd actually help our team.
Yeah and I am all for that. I really think a guy like Brohm would improve our team though, maybe you're right he wouldn't neccessarily contribute right away. But if Rodgers goes down, Brohm would be ready to step in.

Quote:
Competition is good. Having two first round QBs competing against each other is just dumb. Actually in this situation competition shouldn't even be an issue. Whether you like it or not it's Rodgers' job.
Do I need to go over this again? Its Rodgers job to lose. If Rodgers goes down (which seems somewhat likely given his injury history) Brohm will take over. If your talking about this upcoming year you'd be right its Rodgers job. This is an insurance policy for this year.

Quote:
So? And if you want to go the BPA route QBs are not included into that. There are way to many factors in that position to justify picking a QB just because he was the "best player available". In our situation there's absolutely no way to justify it.
QB's are not included in the BPA route, how is that. Is Rodgers already a franchise QB, IS HE BRETT FAVRE!?!? I am all for giving the guy a chance, and I do have confidence in him, but the way you mention this you act as if we have a sure thing here. Which isn't the case at all. I am not saying Rodgers is not the man right now...because he is, its his time to shine. But bringing in a good backup plan won't hurt.

[qoute]If Thompson's not going to throw a rookie in there right away you just killed your argument yourself. You don't draft insurance policies in the first round.
Again a matter of opinion, with an injury history like Aaron Rodgers and considering we have no proven veteran behind him. Does that make you feel comfortable? What is your suggestion than, for a backup QB plan. Please don't say Brett Favre or Craig Nall. The only possibility I see is a trade for A.J. Feeley or J.P. Losman, and I think Brohm is better than both.

Quote:
I adressed the competition thing earlier, but again this is not the right situation for that. Rodgers has been sitting for 3 years behind Favre waiting patiently for his chance. He doesn't need competition. It's his job. Bringing in Chillar is a good example of what you're saying about competition, this is not.
As I said before we are not bringing in anyone to take over Aaron Rodgers job, not right away if at all. We are bringing in a QB as an insurance policy and maybe he could compete in a year or two, that is if Aaron Rodgers is not doing well of course. If Aaron Rodgers is doing well and he has proven to be durable than we could trade Brohm away.

Quote:
No, it's not a possibility. Now I know that might sound stupid to completely dismiss a pick, but it's true. There is no way we will draft a QB in the first. Technically there's a small fraction of a percent that we draft one, but realistically there is no chance what so ever.
I am not saying it will happen either, its a possibility, an idea as I said before. But it could happen and I think it makes sense. You obviously disagree and that is fine. Just don't get too serious, or bang your head against a wall because I suggested it. Its not worth the hassle...LOL. I'm j/k of course.

Last edited by Packman1957 : 04-11-2008 at 08:10 PM.
Packman1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

i think Bears will surprise some people
no to be a homer but i think the Packers will win it
Lions and Vikings will fight the Bears for the wildcard
i think its going to be a hard year
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we don't need a back up to A-rodger...We have Favre ;)
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:43 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Packman, you have heard of this special thing called a salary cap, right? First round QBs are not something you keep as backups, because by the time they develop, you either pay them a crapload of money to warm a bench while the franchise QB takes the field, or you let them go for either nothing in FA or way less in a trade. It's just not economically sound, espeically when a veteran FA is a much safer choice to produce in the short term for what we need.