Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
hehe you said "Giant" target, lol.

But seriously, it's interesting to hear that skins fans take on posted this. Apparnetly the guys on Extremeskins are fired up and have a different mentality. Interesting to see how Zorn does in his first NFC East matchup.
well thats cuz at extreme skinz, theres mostly skinz fans. They have a more bias view of the world im sure.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:22 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Payton and McCarthy also had more legit QBs. Bottom line is the Redskins will only go as far as Campbell takes them. He needs progress more if they want to be a serious team.
True, but i really do think this is campbells year. So long as Moss doesnt drop too many balls. And they need to get a big WR.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
well thats cuz at extreme skinz, theres mostly skinz fans. They have a more bias view of the world im sure.

Well yeah i expected some sort of "go get them", "we can beat them" type stuff, but for the most part they seem pretty confident. I think I read only a few posts that would indicate take a cautious approach. Just an interesting read is what I am saying.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Well yeah i expected some sort of "go get them", "we can beat them" type stuff, but for the most part they seem pretty confident. I think I read only a few posts that would indicate take a cautious approach. Just an interesting read is what I am saying.
You should know better than to go to that site. Some of the most clueless football fans in the world over there.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:52 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You should know better than to go to that site. Some of the most clueless football fans in the world over there.
Well theres bad football fans at any site that is devouted to one time, except the dolphins, they know they suck

Old 03-27-2008, 10:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

na i think skins and cowboys forums take the cake lol.

we're not the best either, but skins and cowboys are on a different level.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well I am not a member, I just read the stuff on there every once and a while to get news on what's going on with our division rivals.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:30 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

id say giants fans are on a different level too especially with the new cockiness

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:42 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

oh without a doubt, especially if you compare the skins site- extremeskins to bbi(the giants site). It's nuts. bbi is MUCH more pessimistic while extremeskins is well, ridiculous. it's not even close to being close
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
id say giants fans are on a different level too especially with the new cockiness
we're pretty bad too, but come on, we're not even close to the level as extremeskins per say.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:46 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Well theres bad football fans at any site that is devouted to one time, except the dolphins, they know they suck
LOL the dolphins forum is probably the most unrealistic forum ive ever been to...Last month there were threads everywhere talking about bringing in every big name FA, and all plenty of "we should trade our 2nd rd pick for Fitzgerald id do it!111!!1!!"

I dont even bother with forums devoted to solely one team, not even the Cowboys, when its only fans of one team usually their realism is skewed and homerism is out of control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:03 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
well they did just win the super bowl

Old 03-27-2008, 12:41 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

honestly whod want to watch this game?

kidding.Im curious to see how the skins do under Zorn.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Payton and McCarthy also had more legit QBs. Bottom line is the Redskins will only go as far as Campbell takes them. He needs progress more if they want to be a serious team.
I like Campbell more this year than I did last year. Jason has all of the measurables you would want in a QB, just the system wasn't good for him. Saunders' Coryell offense relied more on quick reads and quick throws. I've heard comparisons of Zorn's version of the WCO to the similar system that Jason played with his senior year at Auburn where he put up monster numbers with no notable receivers (even though he had two monster RBs).

Unlike Gibbs and Saunders, I think Zorn and Smith will cater the offense to the players, rather then throwing a 700 page book at them. Zorn has already came out and said that he would call an aggressive game. I swear, in the last 5 years we probably smash everybody else in 2nd half letdowns.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
I like Campbell more this year than I did last year. Jason has all of the measurables you would want in a QB, just the system wasn't good for him. Saunders' Coryell offense relied more on quick reads and quick throws. I've heard comparisons of Zorn's version of the WCO to the similar system that Jason played with his senior year at Auburn where he put up monster numbers with no notable receivers (even though he had two monster RBs).

Unlike Gibbs and Saunders, I think Zorn and Smith will cater the offense to the players, rather then throwing a 700 page book at them. Zorn has already came out and said that he would call an aggressive game. I swear, in the last 5 years we probably smash everybody else in 2nd half letdowns.
I don't know about that part. None of those guys became great NFL receivers yet, but they are still in the league. Very large WRs too.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Giant fans, come on, we're acting like idiots in this thread.

As for the game, I thought it wouldve generated a lot more ratings had it been Giants/Dallas. Everyone and their mom would watch that game, and I think both teams would want that game the most as well.

But oh well, guess we get the Skins. My question to Skins fans...why do you think your team is going to stink so much? Last time I checked, its basically the same roster as last year, plus you actually have draft picks you can use to help your franchise this year.

So why the long faces? I don't get it.
Well there are plenty reasons to think we are gonna suck but the main one is because the next season is going to be nothing but a long year of tryouts for next year until we can get some real coaches.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
I don't know about that part. None of those guys became great NFL receivers yet, but they are still in the league. Very large WRs too.
From my knowledge, I think only two even got drafted.

Both in the 7th round Obomanu and Aromashodu, and Mix UDFA. I wouldn't call that really notable.

EDIT: Courtney Taylor was a late 6th rounder also.

Last edited by skinzzfan25 : 03-27-2008 at 05:59 PM.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Campbell also had a great running game to open up a lot of things for him.
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:08 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Campbell also had a great running game to open up a lot of things for him.
They are trying to help out Campbell though, we run a west coast offense now. Portis is still a great back and all we need is someone to complement him. If we could get Branden Albert in the 1st round and draft Peyton Hillis later on that would be great so then we could cut Betts and finally have a RB to complement portis.

It is really funny how non redskins fans look at Ladell Betts.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:18 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
do you mean in a good way or bad way?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
They are trying to help out Campbell though, we run a west coast offense now. Portis is still a great back and all we need is someone to complement him. If we could get Branden Albert in the 1st round and draft Peyton Hillis later on that would be great so then we could cut Betts and finally have a RB to complement portis.

whats wrong with betts?

Old 03-27-2008, 06:25 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Betts can never find the endzone. Even as a starter, in 06 when Portis was hurt, he got near 1200 yards and only 4 TDs. Also, he likes to fumble at the worst possible times.

I like Betts, but I do agree that we should get a late round prospect to step up later.

EDIT: He has as many career rushing TDs as fumbles.

However, I think he is still our best receiving threat out of the backfield, and the WCO should defiantly open this up for him.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

wel, both betts and portis may be feeling the effects of age next year
and sellers is like 30 somethin

Old 03-27-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
luee
Rookie

luee smells like sex panther.luee smells like sex panther.

You think anybody will tune in to watch the latest skins QB bust Jason Campbell in the post-GibbsII era?
luee is offline   Reply With Quote