Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:06 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should make the game-day roster larger and increase the size of practice squads.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing that needs to be changed the most is how much money rookies make. I can tell you right now, i don't care how far J Russell can throw the ball, he is not worth 60 Million (30 guaranteed). The first round should have set pay for each slot like the NBA. Then teams don't have to worry that they can't draft a guy because they might not be able to sign the guy. Plus then they have more money to pay the veteran players who have showed that they can produce in the NFL.

Defence also needs to get radios in the helmets. lets even the playing field
Old 04-01-2008, 01:36 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
thats interesting. what kind of grade did you get on the paper? I once wrote an essay about how the BCS needs changed for a class last semester and got an A.

but yeah, the rookie wage scale needs some big changes. i sat here for like 15 minutes trying to type how i would do it but man....its hard to explain
I havent got it back yet

What I said is have a base salary for each pick. For example, pick one gets 2 year 4 million, pick two gets 2 year 3.9 million and so on. Might not have taken everything in to consideration, but setting a base salary for rookies would give them motivation before their big pay check. It would also help teams if their number one pick busts.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
I havent got it back yet

What I said is have a base salary for each pick. For example, pick one gets 2 year 4 million, pick two gets 2 year 3.9 million and so on. Might not have taken everything in to consideration, but setting a base salary for rookies would give them motivation before their big pay check. It would also help teams if their number one pick busts.
hmm...thats interesting but i would have set the years up like this if it were me:

3 years, a 4th year team option.

and thats for every pick them. and obviously, the higher picks get more money over that time.

but idk if 2 years would be a good enough indicator or not if thats what you would have used