Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-06-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would not be interested at the likely asking price. I've never really like Lito, myself, and always thought he was a decent-to-good player, but certainly not worthy of Pro Bowl honors and the like.

I still remember two years ago when all the Iggles fans were screaming how Lito was trash and how Sheldon was the real Pro Bowl CB on the team....and then Sheldon comes out the next year and stinks up the joint, while Lito makes a few big-time highlight reel plays and all of a sudden he's an elite corner again. I've been loling at that for two solid years now, and I think about it every time I hear an Eagle fan wax eloquent about him.

I like the player, but he isn't a Pro Bowler to me, and since you're going to have to pay that type of a ransom to get him, I will gladly pass. But if the price is right.....sure, I guess.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought we could revisit the subject seeing as there's more news
of him being on the trade block again, with several teams interested.

They seem to have asked for a first rounder, but since no one will
want to give up a high pick seeing the talent there is this year,
anyone willing to give up the 28th for him?

or how about the 2nd, and next year's 4th? hmm...

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sport..._in_limbo.html
Old 04-01-2008, 12:51 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles would almost certainly up the asking price for any in-division trade of a Pro Bowl player. You would likely have to pay a first rounder to get Lito on Dallas.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:54 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
The Eagles would almost certainly up the asking price for any in-division trade of a Pro Bowl player. You would likely have to pay a first rounder to get Lito on Dallas.
I'd almost be willing to give up a 1st round pick this year for Lito.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would probably be the minimum the Eagles would require for Lito. I'm not sure if they would allow him the opportunity to go there, though.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 04-01-2008, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see the Eagles wanting mid-round value for Sheppard if he was to be traded in division. That would be tough to do by any of the teams.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Lito is pissed at the Eagles over the contract + the Asante acquisition. Having to play against him 2x a year for the next 6-7 years comes with a hefty price tag. If anyone knows exactly what Sheppard is capable of doing to an opposing offense, it's the Eagles coaches.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:12 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that they'll want to up the price on a division rival, but what if no one else is willing to give them anything higher than the 28, MAYBE 22nd pick?

If you were a GM, would you take less value for a player just to get him out of the division?
Old 04-02-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

For a player of Lito's quality (if I believed him to be a Pro Bowl caliber CB), I would not want to face him twice a year. Facing him twice a year would be bad enough. Making a division rival even stronger also carries a premium.

Personally, I would rather the team keep Lito than trade him in division.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
For a player of Lito's quality (if I believed him to be a Pro Bowl caliber CB), I would not want to face him twice a year. Facing him twice a year would be bad enough. Making a division rival even stronger also carries a premium.

Personally, I would rather the team keep Lito than trade him in division.
Well sure, i would prefer them to keep Lito as well, that way they don't feel the need to draft a CB and steal one of the top 3, but according to that article he seems to have sealed his fate already. He wants out, and the Eagles are actively shopping him. What im saying is that if no one is willing to give them anything higher than the 28th, or just maybe the 22nd pick, would they be willing to get that higher pick, even if it costs them trading him into the division.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lito is pissed at the Eagles over the contract + the Asante acquisition. Having to play against him 2x a year for the next 6-7 years comes with a hefty price tag. If anyone knows exactly what Sheppard is capable of doing to an opposing offense, it's the Eagles coaches.
Sheppard should only blame himself for signing the extension he did in 2004. If he wants to cash in like a free agent, then he should have risked waiting until he became a free agent. What's the ******** about taking the money early, and still wanting to get paid more later on? He's signed to a contract through 2011.

I like Lito as a player a great deal, but he has no one to blame but himself.