Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Arizona Cardinals Team Forum

Arizona Cardinals Team Forum Discuss the Cardinals

Old 12-27-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Realistic Draft Ideal

What would you ideal draft be realistically

1. Malcolmn Jenkins CB Ohio State / Kenny Phillips S Miami
2. Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt / Micheal Oher OT Ole Miss
3. Chris Ellis OLB Virginia Tech
4. Matt Forte RB Tulane
5. Quentin Demps FS UTEP
6. Josh Barrett SS ASU
7. Rudy Burgess WR ASU

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that would be scary for us if you actually drafted that

KCJ58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fen

that would be an awesome draft for the Cardinals ... but I have a hard time seeing that as "realistic" at this stage. To each their own, though. Demps and Barrett going that late would surprise me. It wouldn't surprise me if Demps goes as high as the 2nd, with Barrett more as a 4th/5th type. I guess I could see Ellis fall to the 3rd, but he'd have to have huge black marks on his character to cause that, or his athleticism has to be much worse than anticipated. Tough to see that happening. I think he's a late 1st/2nd rounder. I can see Williams in that early-mid 2nd range, although I can still see first depending on what run happens and where. The talk on Oher is that, if he came out, his athleticism would push him up.

Anyhow, only time will tell. It'd be a killer draft for you guys, although I think adding a DL talent instead of 3 DB's makes some sense.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

crap, nvm, wrong forum....sorry
Old 01-26-2008, 05:12 PM    (permalink
UK Cards Fan
Rookie

UK Cards Fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.UK Cards Fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's hard to comment when the draft board isn't fully set yet and when Free Agency hasn't started, but here is my ideal Cardinals draft, at the moment :

1. Leodis McKelvin, Cornerback.

McKelvin is looking more and more like the #1 CB in the draft and our major weakness is at CB. Green and Hood are very good #2s but we need a #1 CB. I am not sure if he's there when we pick, but I'd happily support trading upto #11 for him. If he is unavailable, then Mike Jenkins or Jonathan Stewart would be good selections, followed by Derrick Harvey or Calais Campbell.

2. John Carlson, Tight End.

It looks like BJ won't be around next year and that will be an underrated loss as we will be losing our third target, although I can't see us drafting a WR to replace him. Our two Tight ends, Pope and Patrick have developed and are good receivers. However, they really lack the ability to block. Carlson is a guy who can come in and be a three down TE, and I can see him being available here. If he's not, then we should look to get Brad Cottam in a much later round, as a blocking TE. If Carlson is gone, or we don't get a CB in Round 1, we should look to get Antoine Cason, if he is still on the board.

3. Kevin Smith, Running Back.

At the very least, Edge won't be around forever. If we don't get a RB in Round 1, then we should look to take advantage of the excellent depth in the RB position in the draft. Smith will be a better pro than he will test at and with Marcel Shipp seemingly out of favour somewhat (hardly used last year, and with J. J. Arrington seemingly not a full time back), I think Smith could be at least one half of our future running back position. A guy like Ray Rice could also be an option here. If we already have a RB, then we should look to get the best pass rusher on the board.

4. Owen Schmitt, Full Back.

Terelle Smith was decent last year, but I think we can upgrade on him. Schmitt is a good lead blocker who can also run and catch. I'm not sure if he will be here when we pick, however.

5. Colt Brennan / Erik Ainge, Quarterback.

I'm not sold on Matt Leinart, but we aren't going to draft a QB early. That said, Warner is no Spring Chicken and may want one last chance to start. Both of these guys have starting potential and could see their stock slip after Senior Bowl week. Leinart will provide time for these guys to progress to at least capable back-up level and perhaps more down the road.

6. Jordan Dizon / Wesley Woodyard, Outside Linebacker.

Again, I'm not sure if either of these guys will be available here. Scott suggests so, but their play in the Senior Bowl suggests otherwise. Both are undersized OLBs who would be at least good back-ups and very good special teams players, an area you can never underrate.

7. I'd be lying if I said I knew enough about college football to unearth a Gem here. However, every year one player slips through the net, and I'm sure there will be a player available here who can make a contribution.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:54 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

here is a new one

1. Keith Rivers OLB USC
2. Chris Johnson RB East Carolina
3. Kendall Langford DE Hampton
4. Antwaun Molden CB Eastern Kentucky
5. Marcus Monk WR Arkansas
6. Justin Tryon CB Arizona State
7. Durant Brooks P Georgia Tech

Old 04-03-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
here is a new one

1. Keith Rivers OLB USC
2. Chris Johnson RB East Carolina
3. Kendall Langford DE Hampton
4. Antwaun Molden CB Eastern Kentucky
5. Marcus Monk WR Arkansas
6. Justin Tryon CB Arizona State
7. Durant Brooks P Georgia Tech
You guys would be VERY lucky if you got Rivers at 16. Any of the teams from 9-15 could use him. I personally think he will be drafted by either the Bengals, Saints or Bills.

Don't you already have Dansby as your WILB in the 3-4? Rivers is a very similar player and not enough of an edge rusher to be a OLB. Unless the Cards are sticking to the 4-3.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:11 PM    (permalink
TheChandlerFlash

Malcom Jenkins? You mean Mike Jenkins right?
Old 04-07-2008, 01:28 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChandlerFlash View Post
Malcom Jenkins? You mean Mike Jenkins right?
look at the date of the original post, at the time Malcolm was undecided

Old 04-07-2008, 04:11 AM    (permalink
kiwicard

1: Mike Jenkins
2: Anthony Collins
3: Shawn Crable
4: Cory Boyd
5: Zach Bowman
6: Durant Brooks
7: BPA

With the signings it looks like the 3-4 is coming in.

CB is still a huge need, and Jenkins IMO is the best in the draft. Collins is a great prospect with the natual ability to play on the left, but is still raw, give Gandy this year, and have Collins work with Lott and Grimm and he could be a top level LT.

Crable is a very good edge blitzing prospect, and has produced big numbers. He is a senior in the Big 10, Whis seems to like them (Brown, Branch(jr, but big 10) Breaston)

Boyd is an amazing runner and is also a very good receiver out of the backfield, check some vid on this guy from USC(carolina) well worth the pick.

CB is still very weak and Bowman is a great physical talent who also has CB skills.

P is a need, Brooks is the best,

7 anywhere don't mind.