Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-05-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
1. New England
2. Dallas
3. Vikings
4. Green Bay
5. Colts
As of right now we should not be in the top 5, top 10 sure, but not at 4. Move the Vikings one down and the Cowboys one down then put the Giants at 2.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:10 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

The skins are aging but definately worth a discussion

Samuels Thomas Rabach Kendal Jansen
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 02:42 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgBone View Post
Browns do NOT have the best line but....

D'Brick < Thomas
Faneca > Steinbach, but by their play last year Steinbach wasnt far behind.
Mangold > Fraley
Woody < Tucker
whoever the RT was < Shaffer

not to mention I think the Browns have the very best depth on the OL in all of football.

I would take the left side of the Browns and Vikings over the Jets.

But why is this in the draft forumn?
I'll admit that I didn't see Steinbach a whole lot last year, but based on his play in Cinci and Faneca's play last year, I would place Steinbach over Faneca right now.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:03 AM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I'll admit that I didn't see Steinbach a whole lot last year, but based on his play in Cinci and Faneca's play last year, I would place Steinbach over Faneca right now.
Faneca wasn't as good as normal but he is still very good. I think Sean Mahan's terrible play really hurt Faneca last year. He's had the benefit of playing with good centers for most of his career.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:57 AM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
Faneca wasn't as good as normal but he is still very good. I think Sean Mahan's terrible play really hurt Faneca last year. He's had the benefit of playing with good centers for most of his career.
So are you saying that great center play in the past has helped hide some of Fanecas bad play? I just think he wasnt as motivated this season compared to others. he clearly didnt want to be there. At the same time it was a huge contract year for him so you know he gave it his all for the money ball.
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Eric had a very good year last season but i do not think that he played as well a Faneca.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D'Brick = McKinnie right now
Faneca < Hutchinson
Mangold < Birk
Woody < Herrera
RT = Cook

I don't think they have the Vikings beat at any O-Line position.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
D'Brick = McKinnie right now
Faneca < Hutchinson
Mangold < Birk
Woody < Herrera
RT = Cook

I don't think they have the Vikings beat at any O-Line position.
I was under the impression that Woody would play RT for the Jets, not RG.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
Eric had a very good year last season but i do not think that he played as well a Faneca.
Steinbach played great last year.

I remember watching a Steelers game with some of my Steeler friends and the anouncer said that Faneca wasnt even the best OL on the team last year and the rest of their OL wasnt very impressive.
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:03 PM    (permalink
JetsFanNick
Rookie

JetsFanNick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
I was under the impression that Woody would play RT for the Jets, not RG.
Woody is playing RT, we are keeping Moore at RG...Woody played real good at the RT spot at the end of last year.
JetsFanNick is offline   Reply With Quote