Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-07-2007, 01:40 AM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mario Williams
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie Bush. He was the Texans pick before they got butt hurt and took Williams instead. Someone on the first page said Bush wouldn't fit in the ZBS? Are you freaking kidding me??

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 03:53 AM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mario. People have to stop freaking out about players rookie year. Mario is one of the very few talented players on the Texans defense and probably sees a lot of attention because of it. Defense wins championships and the Texans had a little of it.

And can someone inform on what exactly Reggie did that was sooo special this year?

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 04:08 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy
Reggie Bush. He was the Texans pick before they got butt hurt and took Williams instead. Someone on the first page said Bush wouldn't fit in the ZBS? Are you freaking kidding me??
The ZBS requires patience, the ability to break arm tackles, and for the runner to not dance. None of those are qualities Reggie Bush has.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 06:20 AM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBam
Mario. People have to stop freaking out about players rookie year. Mario is one of the very few talented players on the Texans defense and probably sees a lot of attention because of it. Defense wins championships and the Texans had a little of it.

And can someone inform on what exactly Reggie did that was sooo special this year?
I agree completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 06:54 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBam

He goted t3h fotball ands he runded wits it :!:

Mario williams was the right pick...
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 08:59 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka
They should have picked D'Brickashaw Ferguson.
Agreed.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First off I'll address a comment by Stevo. You watched every down he played. Then you know the last game he played in full health was the NY Giant's game right. You remember that game, where he blew up the LT and RT to get in Mannin's face. How many DE's own a LT like that? Ever since his injury set in he's been playing through it. He still get's alot of attention he still get's close to the QB remember the last series in the Cleveland game, but he's doing it at maybe 70% of his capacity. Before the injury you could see he was starting to work on technique, but afterwards he couldn't practice so he had to rely on what he knew. Next year if the guy is healthy throughout then you will see a monster on the field.

In general I read this and I gotta say defenses don't get enough love. Look @ Arizona and Indiannapolis. Both teams got all the pieces on offense, yet they aren't really getting anything done if their defense don't step up. Yesterday the Colt's defense really stepped up had they not they would have been crushed. Young and Bush are both helping their team's, but they are just a cog in the machine, neither of them are carrying their side's of the ball, much less their teams. Tommie Harris and Greg Ellis went down and look at how their team's were affected. Can you imagine the Dolphins or Panther's if Pepper's or Taylor weren't there? Same thing with the Texans if Mario wasn't there would Demeco have had the same kind of year? Would our defense have improved the way it did? I don't think so. While I believe it would have still improved I think it wouldn't have impoved to the point where it has. Mario has really helped our defense and without him our whole dynamic on that side of the ball would be differrent.

Bush and Young haven't impacted their team's in the same manner. Young is the beneficiary of a much improved ground game and defense. The Titan's were the youngest team last yr. so obviously they were gonna improve with time. Their defense has been getting better and while Young has done some good things there I would call them ground breaking. Everyone should chill and look at his performance and not the team's record when talking about how he's done as a rookie. Same thing can be said about Bush, he really hasn't had much weight put on his shoulders and only rarely does he show flashes of dominance. Maybe next yr. they'll all be more consistent, but this yr. Mario has had the greatest impact of all of them. People should stop, just stop trying to nit pick the pick and ignore the importance of a solid defense.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink

Quote:
We all know that the Texans should not have taken Mario Williams with the #1 overall pick, with 2 truely special SKILL players in the draft.
Because skill players are the most important part of a football team. That's why the Cardinals completely tore up the NFL this year. :roll:

Mario was the right pick.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It has only been one year and i think mario williams is doing just fine.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread sure didn't go the way SterlingSharpe expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
But doesn't it make you feel smarter seeing how some people still don't get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

At the time, I said on here that they were crazy to pass on Bush, and I continue to believe that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka
They should have picked D'Brickashaw Ferguson.
Agreed.
That's because I'm an ultra-pimp. But seriously the Texans couldn't be more ******** for not taking Ferguson. They has just switched to the ZBS, and have been looking for a left tackle in ages.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
But doesn't it make you feel smarter seeing how some people still don't get it?
It makes me feel good knowing that I was one of the first people on the Mario Williams bandwagon.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
They made the right pick.
I agree Reggie wouldnt help um and Carr is a good QB like it or not.
At this moment i disagree.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I were the Texans I would have drafted Young and Bush before Mario. Reggie is a very blessed individuals and his abilities are seen less than Mario's.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingSharpe
"
But that Jamal Reynolds pick cost the Packers a chance at another Super Bowl because this team was close a few years back, despite getting NOTHING out of that high pick.

Actaully the packers didn't really lose out too much on that pick because they had KBG emerge into the talent they thought Reynolds would be. So you can't be more wrong when you say that the Reynolds pick cost them a chance at another superbowl.

look at KBG's development it is probally identical to what they expected outta Jamal.

Mario is the right pick for the Texans, because DE is the 3rd most important postion on the field. You can't even begin to harp on Mario because he played almost the entire year last year with a bad foot. You built championships in the trenches. Not with flashy skill postion players
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jango
I think they made the right decision by taking Mario. Maybe they shouldn't have taken him at #1 but Williams was the right pick for the team.

There, I said it.
Ya i believe they should have traded down at least 2-4 spots and probably still coulda nabbed him because he is a good player but @ #1 will always be regarded as the guy who went before Bush and Young

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan
Quote:
I think they made the right decision by taking Mario. Maybe they shouldn't have taken him at #1 but Williams was the right pick for the team.

There, I said it.
Ya i believe they should have traded down at least 2-4 spots and probably still coulda nabbed him because he is a good player but @ #1 will always be regarded as the guy who went before Bush and Young

Well Bush hasn't proven much, and could turn out to be nothing more than a Brian Westbrook who can stay healthy. Young still isn't all that great of a passer statistically, and could become a pretty big disappointment. In 3 years, if he's putting up the same numbers he did this year, he'll be considered a bust. Mario could be the next Julius Peppers.

I hate when people use that argument, because if all 3 players turn out great, NOBODY will mention it. It all started when Sam Bowie went before MJ. I got a trivia question for some people. Who was taken BEFORE Sam Bowie? I notice nobody talks about him going before MJ because he actually turned out to be a HOFer.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-07-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan
Quote:

There, I said it.
I'm sure they tried to, but it is very, very difficult to trade down from a pick in the top 3.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

i trade down to the #2 spot pick Mario and pickup an additional 3rd round and a 2nd round next year

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I hate when people use that argument, because if all 3 players turn out great, NOBODY will mention it. It all started when Sam Bowie went before MJ. I got a trivia question for some people. Who was taken BEFORE Sam Bowie? I notice nobody talks about him going before MJ because he actually turned out to be a HOFer.
Hakim the Dream went first.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks_perfection
Quote:
Correct. But I bet alot of posters here don't know that, and also notice that nobody ever says "WOW Houston is dumb they passed on MJ"

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-07-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks_perfection
Quote:
actually Akeem Abdul Olajuwon went first
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote