Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-07-2008, 09:42 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
What? the good coaches are making millions of dollars. Why would they need to go to a different field?

It's their job, so yeah, a lot of them do it for the money.
Do you honestly think people become graduate assistants with the mindset, "Man, I'm going to be loaded." Not to mention that only a selective few make millions.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:45 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Do you honestly think people become graduate assistants with the mindset, "Man, I'm going to be loaded." Not to mention that only a selective few make millions.

No, but once they do become loaded, they do care about it. And your in denial if you think they don't.

Do you think kids who play high school football go in with the mindset, "I am going to be loaded." Do NFL players care about money? Yes.

Your argument has absolutely zero logic.

Last edited by yo123 : 04-07-2008 at 09:49 PM. Reason: grammar
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, but once they do become loaded, they do care about it. And your in denial if you think they don't.

Do you think kids who play high school football go in with the mindset, "I am going to be loaded." Do NFL players care about money? Yes.

Your argument has absolutely zero logic.
Is money certainly a factor? Yes.

But it's illogical to think that 'oh, OSU is offering more money, therefore, Self will go to OSU'...All I'm saying is that it's not the number factor for coaches

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 04-07-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

But it's illogical to think that 'oh, OSU is offering more money, therefore, Self will go to OSU'...All I'm saying is that it's not the number factor for coaches

It's the number one factor for some coaches. And I'm not saying he's going to OSU, I don't really think he is, all I'm saying is money is a big factor.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Is that what your coaching experience tells you, or are you just pulling this out of your ass?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

$10 mil for your first year, plus its your alma mater

thats tough to turn down

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Rose is gonna end up with 18 and 10. Beast.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wanted to say Miami is stupid if they pass on Rose if they get a chance...He has some serious passing game and makes players better but he has a scorers mentality if he needs it...Gotta love his game, and he's getting warmed up at the right time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I just wanted to say Miami is stupid if they pass on Rose if they get a chance...He has some serious passing game and makes players better but he has a scorers mentality if he needs it...Gotta love his game, and he's getting warmed up at the right time.

Not to mention they need a PG much more than a SF or PF.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Is that what your coaching experience tells you, or are you just pulling this out of your ass?
No, it's my basketball knowledge...coaches coach because they love the game, and that's the number one reason why they coach, not money.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 04-07-2008, 09:59 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
No, it's my basketball knowledge...if coaches coach because they love the game, and that's the number one reason why they coach, not money.

Has a coach ever told you this? Or are you just guessing.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Has a coach ever told you this? Or are you just guessing.
Has a coach ever told you that they coach because of the money?

And to answer your question, no.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 04-07-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

So, why can't Self just "love the game" at Oklahoma State for a lot more money?

Hitman D

Old 04-07-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:

Uhhh... They don't have to, because it's their job. And people work for money. Coaches aren't these magical people who don't care about money or possessions. They are regular people, and they have trouble turning down millions of dollars.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:02 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
So, why can't Self just "love the game" at Oklahoma State for a lot more money?
He certainly can...But those who love the game want to coach at the most prestigious programs

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 04-07-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uh oh. Rose is on now.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Derrick Rose has woken up. Good night Kansas.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrick Rose is a beast.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh... Come on Kansas.

Calipari can't win, he's such a slimeball.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. This kid is good.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL. That was ridiculous.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ummmmmmm....WOW

SMH

im speachless after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Ugh... Come on Kansas.

Calipari can't win, he's such a slimeball.

Calipari can win, because he's a very very good coach.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Thank you Billy Packer for that brilliant analysis. Just in case someone wanted to take an 18 foot jump shot and jump behind the three point line...it's still a two.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

There was Kansas' chance.

Hitman D