Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-08-2008, 01:24 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post

A) He coaches at Kansas, and I hate Kansas. I hate their fans (no offense to those on here, you guys are cool but the ones I've met are terrible, no class)
What's there to hate about Kansas? Good midwestern school with great tradition and from what I've noticed ( after visited my friends and relatives who attend there) many times. Their students and fans are nothing but classy for the most part. It's one of those areas in the country that actually bleeds for their local sport. Very admirable.

As for the state of Kansas on the other hand...

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:43 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

finished fifth in the nfldc pool. not too shabby..
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
He's the second best coach in the country aside from the man who resides 8 miles away.
Not lately.....That K guy is slipping...
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:14 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

mike K is an awful coach he had 8 all americans or something and still couldnt get past the 2nd round, pretty soon Duke basketball will be Duke football... I really think Self should leave for Oklahoma state its the best move for him being an alum and to be quite honest the team for oklahoma state next year looks better than kansas if they lose Mario Chalmers, Brandon Rush, Darrell Arthur, other than the seniors... and their class dosent look too great, Oklahoma state has a great core in James Anderson, Byron Eaton, Obi Munelo
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDude View Post
mike K is an awful coach
Let's not get out of control here...
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Meh, there really is no best coach in the country.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, except for Coach K.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:12 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching some replays, I think Rose is a horrible liar. He really didn't go for the foul at all. He even backed off and put up his hands as if to signal that he didn't foul him. Two un-clutch moments there for him in the waning moments.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey if you ask me, I'll give a guy a shot to make a far three fading back with a hand in his face, rather than extending the game and having to make free throws which we know they can't do.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Hey if you ask me, I'll give a guy a shot to make a far three fading back with a hand in his face, rather than extending the game and having to make free throws which we know they can't do.
Despite how un-clutch they are, that makes no sense whatsoever. No matter who you are, you'd rather knowingly give them a better percentage to win than at worst put yourself up by one with the chance to make two free throws and put it once again at a three point lead with 5 seconds left? I realize you like the kid, but come on.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDude View Post
mike K is an awful coach he had 8 all americans or something and still couldnt get past the 2nd round, pretty soon Duke basketball will be Duke football... I really think Self should leave for Oklahoma state its the best move for him being an alum and to be quite honest the team for oklahoma state next year looks better than kansas if they lose Mario Chalmers, Brandon Rush, Darrell Arthur, other than the seniors... and their class dosent look too great, Oklahoma state has a great core in James Anderson, Byron Eaton, Obi Munelo
LOL...coaches don't leave big programs because they might have a down year...Not to mention that KU will have a much better team than OSU...We have one the biggest classes in recent years coming in, and we return to two game changers at least in Sherron Collins and Cole Aldrich...Self's bluffing, he's using OSU to get more money, more power to him

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and no way in hell Rose was trying to foul...If you look at the play again, Rose deliberatly throw up his hands and tried to avoid conflict at half-court...I'm calling bull ****

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 04-08-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Despite how un-clutch they are, that makes no sense whatsoever. No matter who you are, you'd rather knowingly give them a better percentage to win than at worst put yourself up by one with the chance to make two free throws and put it once again at a three point lead with 5 seconds left? I realize you like the kid, but come on.
So what if he makes the first deliberately misses the 2nd. Ball gets tipped back, 3 pointer wins the game or at least tip to tie. I'd take my chances with a 3 than risking something worse by not blocking out, which with Dorsey is fouled out is a big risk despite him not playing well.

Old 04-08-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
So what if he makes the first deliberately misses the 2nd. Ball gets tipped back, 3 pointer wins the game or at least tip to tie. I'd take my chances with a 3 than risking something worse by not blocking out, which with Dorsey is fouled out is a big risk despite him not playing well.
Wait a second. So you're saying that it's more likely for Collins to make the first, miss the second, and someone either tip to tie or tip it out and hit a game-winning three with 5.5 seconds (about 5.5, looking at the clock) is more likely to happen than Chalmers knocking a fairly contested three? Quit while you're moderately behind, sir.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:25 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Well, this one is their third, but it's not that simple. You aren't honestly suggesting that the Oklahoma State basketball program is close to Kansas, are you? What has Oklahoma State done the last 50 years?
No not at all, just giving him crap. I want Self to leave for the sole reason that he's pissing me off. Also I think it'd be quite funny to see him go from loving and defending Bill Self to turning on him like he did Roy Williams.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Wait a second. So you're saying that it's more likely for Collins to make the first, miss the second, and someone either tip to tie or tip it out and hit a game-winning three with 5.5 seconds (about 5.5, looking at the clock) is more likely to happen than Chalmers knocking a fairly contested three? Quit while you're moderately behind, sir.
It's simple 5.5 seconds left you play hard D, force them to take a hard shot, just one shot the game is over. You foul him you extend the game and open the door for even Kansas to win. Give Chalmers that shot 10 more times I guarantee you he makes it not one more time. Bad luck, but right move, play straight up D rather than trying to outsmart yourself. There is a reason why most coaches don't foul in that situation, all you have to do is stop them for one play.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What?? Fouling at the end there would have absolutely been the right move.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
What?? Fouling at the end there would have absolutely been the right move.
Um yea, no doubt. Ghetto I love ya buddy and you're a human dictionary with basketball but c'mon now. Even Calipari second guessed himself in the post game on that one.

You never allow a team to tie up the game with a 3 pointer, it's simple basketball coaching 101. You foul them and force them to make a play on the 2nd miss. Or if Kansas chooses to make both you in bound the ball, try and run as much clock off as possible, go to the other end where either Rose or CDR probably makes at least 1 of the 2. That forces Kansas to go the length of the floor in around 4 or 5 seconds, in which they probably won't get a good look at all to beat you.

Granted that shot by Chalmers he hits 1 out of 5, fade away three with a hand in his face off the dribble? Gotta give him props though on that one.

Still, you foul the Jayhawks, period end of discussion. Calipari really choked down the stretch with a couple terrible decisions.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:59 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
No not at all, just giving him crap. I want Self to leave for the sole reason that he's pissing me off. Also I think it'd be quite funny to see him go from loving and defending Bill Self to turning on him like he did Roy Williams.
Go jack off to Bo Ryan or something

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 04-08-2008, 09:48 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL, after being in a coaching search last year I can appreciate what's going on with OK St. Some completely off the wall rumors. This is the rumored contract on a OK state pay board...

70 Million/12 years

17 Million to sign, 4.41 Million/Year for 12 years.

I mean, come on that's just ridiculous. IMO, all that's going to happen is Self uses this as some leverage to get an extension from Kansas. But I mean, lets just say in the .000001% chance that contract actually was proposed, that would be hard to turn down for anyone. Pickens has the money but there's a point of being practical.

They're also saying Tubby would take KU over if Self left. I won't acknowledge the slightest possibility of this being remotely likely. The rumor mill is churning a little too hard over there.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Candace Parker was selected #1 overall today in the WNBA draft. The draft is held 1 day after the NCAA finals? That's crazy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And to think, no one made any good WNBA mocks. I'm ashamed.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
And to think, no one made any good WNBA mocks. I'm ashamed.
As am I...the draft just snuck up on me this year. dammit.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

I don't wanna sound like I know womens basketball or anything, I just know about the top 2 picks pretty much. Any draft is 2nd nature to me, lol.

Parker was selected by the LA Sparks and will play with Lisa Leslie. Yeah which sucks, cause she's from Naperville, IL a large suburb of Chicago and she could do wonders for the Chicago Sky. Chicago picked 2nd and there was talk of a deal a little while back. But Sylvia Fowles is a good pick and has won the individual matchups against Parker lately.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Candace is a beast. Too bad her baby will be ugly as all hell. Should have waited on Beasley...

Oh and sadly, you made me look up women's basketball stats, but really, Fowles only really did better than Parker in this last game in which Parker had a dislocated shoulder. So meh. But yeah. The Los Angeles market will be "big" for Parker, however big WNBA can get.