Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 01-07-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'mAHustler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hopefully the new coach rids us of dead weight.

coughchrischamberscough

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...
I'mAHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
hasane
Rookie

hasane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAHustler
Hopefully the new coach rids us of dead weight.

coughchrischamberscough
Chambers and McMichael
Old 01-07-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

if brohm comes out I want him in the 1st round. I would really like a big time guard in the 2nd round to replace the over-rated Jeno James. Or Gaither if he is sittingg there his size scream houck all over him.

I would love jarrett and have chambers as a number 2 ( he is getting paid as a number 1 though). Booker most likely is gone becauseof the cap. I am curious if welker returns since he is a FA.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
hasane
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79
if brohm comes out I want him in the 1st round. I would really like a big time guard in the 2nd round to replace the over-rated Jeno James. Or Gaither if he is sittingg there his size scream houck all over him.

I would love jarrett and have chambers as a number 2 ( he is getting paid as a number 1 though). Booker most likely is gone becauseof the cap. I am curious if welker returns since he is a FA.
I really think Brohm will come out now. B/c his Bobby petrino signed with the falcons.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
hasane
Rookie

These are the guys the dolphins should get rid of in the offseason if possible:

Chris Chambers - $7.3 Million

Randy McMichael - $5.4 Million

Jeno James - $4 Million

Seth McKinney - $4 Million

LJ Shelton - $3.2 Million

Kevin Carter - $6.48 Million

Dan Wilkinson - $2.2 Million
Old 01-08-2007, 08:47 AM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'mAHustler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Drafting a QB would be a set back and would upset quite a few players on the team Brian would need to set for a year before giving a chace to play, we need an offensive or defensive playmaker that is going to contribute immediately.

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...
I'mAHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:11 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously, stop telling people we need Brohm. We do not need a QB.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Seriously, stop telling people we need Brohm. We do not need a QB.
I still once more disagree with you over that. I do not feel we have a QB on the roster currently that will show themselves within a dolphins uniform to be a top 10 caliber QB in the NFL.

This is not a team that can be patched up in 1 year and be ready for the playoffs. It is a team that needs to rebuild for 2-3 years right and really make a run again like the days we are all used to.

I would love to find a Left Tackle, but this draft is weak on it. Next years draft is weak on QBs where this one is strong on it.

You might disagree with me "draftguru" all you wish. But it does not make my opinion anymore wrong and yours anymore right. That is the great part of being a fan of our team we can have strong opinions (and still hate the stinking jets).

That said, I think our draft is all up in the air depending on whom our next coach is. If we go with a Rivera from Chicago or Minnesota's DC then we will switch systems to a base 4-3 or a tampa 2 perhaps. Then I have no problem drafting a Branch there (if he has a good showing at the combine of course).

I think it is all up to what the new coach will have for a philosphy.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:21 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone else see the Jets losing yesterday? I hate the Pats too but losing the Jets lose is always great.

Branch is a 3-4 player. It's not one mans opinion, he is. He would be a great DE and a good situational NT.

As far as QB we have no idea what we have, so taking someone would make no sense at all. We need to see what Culpepper has. We have so much invested in him right now. It would make no sense to give up on him after one year in which he was injured.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-08-2007, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I think he would be a GREAT DE in the 3-4 system. But I dont think we need a 3-4 DE.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/mia/roster

We have a large number of them on our roster, specially with the developement of Matt Roth (whom I think is turning into a great young player), and Kevin Carter, JT will slip in there some in the 3-4 system and David Bowens. Plus the depth of others :)

I wish there was a Dbrickshaw in this draft. I really personally want a LT more then anything else. This team has been lost since we lost webb in my opinion. But, there isnt a big time LT that will be around for our pick. Hence I like the option of a QB to groom for a year to two behind Cpepp then take over the reins when peppers contract gets going way up there according to the numbers.

I think it is all up to whom we hire for the new coach dude. I just hope it is not going to be Carroll (recent rumors), Mora or the Vikings DC.

I will say this though, I hope I am wrong and Culpepper is amazing, I would HAPPILY eat Crow on that one :)

But, if I am right that QB class next year looks like crap :(

I loved seeing the Jets lose yesterday, was the highlight of the weekend now we just need the pats to lose sunday to S.D.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:36 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

We don't have a guy that would play his position. He would play DT in the 4-3 and DE in the 3-4 like Vonnie Holliday did. Holliday is a FA. The normal DE positions are fine, but the DT/DE position is awful.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-08-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

KC switches back and forth between them already for DE/DT, Bowens does the same. Personally I would like to keep Holliday but he might be out of the price range. There is others out there that could fill the role too.

But I am not sure what defense we will run.
Will we run the tampa 2? If so he would be nice up the middle but the run defense traditionally is a weakspot in the tampa 2.

Will we run the 3-4 full blown? If so we need just a tradition NT more then a switching player tweener. ( I dont like him as NT for height and play style). Good shot of this if we keep Capers

Will we keep the hybrid that Satan liked? I doubt it unless we find another coach with that style of defense.

Will we go back to the base 4-3? Possible, if we do this I love Branch as a pick then. Then I will sign onto the branch boat in a heartbeat as I want 2 huge DTs then like Bowens in the old days :)

Still my 1st hope is to find a LT, I am hoping for Gaither in the 2nd round even if we need to trade up a couple of picks.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Neither Carter or Bowens ever play that position. Bowens plays OLB and DE, Carter is always a DE. Holliday and Zgonina played that position this year, both are FA. Traylor is like 37 or 38, Wilkinson is old and makes a good amount of money. That's 4 DTs leaving. I don't see why Capers would change the system that he did a great job with last year. We need a DT. The DL I want next year is Branch-Wilkinson/Traylor (If he doesn't retire)- Roth. I think Carter is likely gone, but I wouldn't mind him staying if he takes a pay cut.

It really depends all on the new coach, I hope we get Cam Cameron here soon. I wouldn't mind Whisenhunt either.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-08-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

about the whole defensive line thing...i dont like the drafting of alan branch because matt roth and kevin carter are the DEs and i cant see alan branch being a good NT. i know u dont want to trust these low-round draft picks but fred evans, manny wright, and kevin vickerson are all massive guys that could play the NT position and evans and wright looked good in limited action in the past two years and i have to believe one of them will be good.

with a new coach, i can see manny wright really coming to play next year and getting back on track with his once-promising career. he would be a GREAT NT if he does.
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

What's going on with Manny? I don't trust a guy that has real mental problems and asked to be released. And KC and Carter are not the DEs, the are one of the DEs, Vonnie was the other one, now we have a hole there if he doesn't come back.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-08-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

matt roth played excellent in a reserve role this year and was the other DE when vonnie wasnt on the field. i think he is ready to be the starter opposite Kevin Carter, whom i cant see getting cut because we have a lot of cap room and he continues to play well.

i agree that we need depth on the d-line but i think that the starters are fine (even without holliday) and i still have to believe one of those 4 DTs(vickerson, wright, wright, or evans) we have drafted will emerge to be a solid starter.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Is Roth or Carter going to play DT in the 4-3? I don't think so. Both are DEs all the way. I know Roth is a good player, I want him starting next year, but we need DTs.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-08-2007, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

why are we running a 4-3? i know saban liked the whole hybrid/switching thing but capers has always run a straight 3-4. i think without saban he will push to be a straight 3-4, but if we continue this switching between thing, then i agree that we need another DT but i still dont think the first round is not where we should get it. there are too many holes on offense to ignore.

i think the best thing for us would be for Levi Brown to have a great senior bowl week and good workouts so he improves his stock enough to verify being picked number 9. i do agree with u on that we SHOULD NOT draft a QB in round one. but i do think we should draft one in round 2 or 3.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

on another note: Wayne flew to Pete Carroll, who was on vacation, to see if he was interested in returning to the NFL.

you'd think he would have learned not to hire a college coach, but apparently if Carroll is interested, he instantly becomes the leading candidate.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...l/16407426.htm
Old 01-08-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Is Roth or Carter going to play DT in the 4-3? I don't think so. Both are DEs all the way. I know Roth is a good player, I want him starting next year, but we need DTs.
Carter played DT some in the 4-3 when we were in the hybrid. He would slide over to DT and Roth would take the DE sport or Bowens or Holliday. Bowens also played some DT too. While Jason took the other side. We also have a guy named big daddy wilkenson signed for 2 more years that was good until he got hurt. He is a great 4-3 DT.

I think we need to know who the coach will be and what system he will run but unless we go 4-3 or tampa 2 I dont see anyway they will draft branch.

For Wright.

Nick Saban made Manny Wright cry, and it doesn't appear the defensive tackle is shedding any tears over Saban's departure.

The former USC star - who had an infamous meltdown in front of television cameras while being berated by Saban and ultimately left the Dolphins with depression issues - isn't speaking to the media. But his father, Terence, said the family is thrilled that Miami will have a new coach.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphin...ight_0106.html

there is an article in the post about him and how Saban lied to them.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

nice article. i knew i read something about manny but i couldnt find the article again. i agree with most of the stuff his dad said and i really hope manny gets a second chance. i think of all the DTs we have, he has the most potential.

and carter played DT full-time in his last year with tennessee. he is big enough to switch between DT in 4-3 and DE in 3-4.

i cant see big daddy being here next year as his cap number goes up significantly.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
hasane
Rookie

Do you think the dolphins could get anything for Chambers and McMichael if they tried to trade them?
Old 01-08-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

BehrenMan007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

obviously they can get something.....
i think the highest we can get for chambers would be a 2nd and micmichael a 4th maybe a 3rd rounder

credit to cardsalltheway
BehrenMan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
reese

ive been readin this message board for over a year and as hard as its been ive never made an account to respond to some of the ignorant things said on here.
1. chris chambers...everyone loves him till this year he has a down year in numbers....u ppl say to trade him release him or whatever...forget the fact that we had an injured quarterback to start the season who was scared to death in the pocket and was gettin rid of the ball to quick to avoid gettin hit...then we have JH...his streghth as a qb is a quick release and pretty good accuracy on short intermediate passes...this is why MB has good numbers becuz thats the routes he runs....CC is a deep threat...thats what he does and is good at...i think his rookin year or second year he led the league in ypc....so that fact that we had 2 guys throwin this year that were gettin rid of the ball quick had a huge effect on what he was able to do...i seen one post on the last thread where a guy said CC just wasnt gettin open..now unless he has game film from the team or attends everygame and only watches CC then there is no way to tell by watchin the games on tv rather or not he is open on a play to play basis cuz u cant see the whole field....another reason he hasnt had the year we have gotten used to is the switch in OC...last year SL was a guy that like to throw the ball downfield..and now he is gone...CC does drop some easy passes sometime but thats not a reason to bash him like ppl do on here...i really was gonna talk about a couple more things the erked me but they will have to wait cuz i dont feel like typin anymore
Old 01-08-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Did anyone else see the Jets losing yesterday? I hate the Pats too but losing the Jets lose is always great.
What makes it even great is that many people predicted to have the Dolphins go to the Superbowl and they didn't even make the playoffs. On top of that, they signed Culpepper insted of signing Brees and got swept by the Jets this season.