Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 12-12-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was curious about what Orton's deserved rating was for the Saints game, rather than the one he got, so I took out all three of the receiver-caused incompletions and both pass interference calls. I turned them into completed passes. Two new completions resulted in a TD, I removed all following plays in that drive. All others resulted in a turnover or punt in real life, so I just assumed we still punted for those, even though they became first downs.

Orton's final line: 29/42, 278 yd, 2 td, 1 int
QB rating of 93.1 rather than his 49.2.

That's just ridiculous. His official stats aren't telling the story and we should probably get him a contract extension before his agent does what I did for every game.

Last edited by Monomach : 12-12-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Cerni88
Rookie

Cerni88 is a cocksman.Cerni88 is a cocksman.Cerni88 is a cocksman.

Orton has been solid yes, but they were stacking the line. and i understand its football, but it was the saints a top 5 worst d. Blame is definately on the wide recievers, but most of those passes high schoolers could of made.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerni88 View Post
Orton has been solid yes, but they were stacking the line. and i understand its football, but it was the saints a top 5 worst d. Blame is definately on the wide recievers, but most of those passes high schoolers could of made.
What do you mean a high schooler could have made them? Orton DID make them. Two were interfered with. One went through Clark's hands like a basketball hoop. Two flat out bounced out of receiver's hands.

No, they weren't stacking the line all night. Who cares how bad their D is? How many teams have worse WRs than the Bears? One? Two?

Some Bears fans wouldn't give credit to Mike Tyson for punching hard if he caved in their face.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think you miss the point.

The bears haven't even had anything as good as a HS quarterback since 2003.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Cerni88
Rookie

He didnt throw pass 10 yards, thats not an nfl quarterback.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:53 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think everyone is blowing the short passes out of proportion. Its freaking freezing here. Now when its cold, or raining, are you going to attempt a lot of risky passes? The short pass formula in the cold has worked for us before (GB last year), so short passes are fine by me when its as cold as it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
he did throw it pass 10 yards, just didnt complete 2 that were called for PIs.

Seriously though, with our WRs, who do you think would get seperate downfield besides Hester who he threw the ball to?

Last edited by Gay Ork Wang : 12-13-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
See here:
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...H&d-447263-n=1
That's despite missing time with his ankle hurt.

That's right. You're just plain making crap up.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Cerni88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I was curious about what Orton's deserved rating was for the Saints game, rather than the one he got, so I took out all three of the receiver-caused incompletions and both pass interference calls. I turned them into completed passes. Two new completions resulted in a TD, I removed all following plays in that drive. All others resulted in a turnover or punt in real life, so I just assumed we still punted for those, even though they became first downs.

Orton's final line: 29/42, 278 yd, 2 td, 1 int
QB rating of 93.1 rather than his 49.2.

That's just ridiculous. His official stats aren't telling the story and we should probably get him a contract extension before his agent does what I did for every game.
OK dude, if ur gonna pull this crap out then how about you add the int that vilma dropped?

Stop defending orton, he played a crap game. I dont know exactly why, I am not oblivious to the lack of talent at WR. He overthrew hester twice, one being a PI and he underthrew him for another PI, make those incompletes and we lose. I am not sure if Hester would have even caught either of those passes.

And i never said he didnt throw pass 10 yards the whole year, ur making crap up. I like Orton, but I dont think its a position that we cant improve on.

Bearfan, I agree that you do whatever is working.

I'm for giving him extension, at the very least he is a great backup, but i dont think he is a franchise QB yet. I'm just arguing the fact ur crowning him when he really didnt do much in the saints game. After a win everyone freaks out. Orton didnt win us this one.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Orton: 7 over 10 yards vs #20 pass defense with half of one good WR
Brees: 9 over 10 yards vs #28 pass defense with two good WR

ZZZOMG DREW BREES = HIGH SCHOOL QB!

Brilliant, Cerni. Just brilliant.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Cerni88
Rookie

I love how you try to twist my words, it actually amuses me. I never said that Orton was a high school quarterback. We could've inserted a high school QB and there wouldnt be much of a difference. If you watched that game you can not seriously tell me that he was making throws pass 10 yards. You need to relax a little. It seems like your just trying to prove me wrong. Maybe your doing a good job, but i dont think you are.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what else is he supposed to do? Prove u right although ur wrong?

Orton was not that horrible. He had 1 or 2 overthrows that werent pretty, but he was pretty solid. He had 1 turnover that was his fault, ******* Davis dropped a really catchable ball and Kreutz pre-snapped. He was the one who passed to hester, and even not complete it was PI. U dont look at it and say: doesnt count he didnt caught it. Fact is he moved us down the field. He moved us down the field for a gametying drive, he moved us down field in OT. That we won was because of the whole teams. Or defense didnt play that bad, we got pressure, and allowed 7 points after the other team started at the 1, Chicagos 45 and Chicagos 31. that is a great bilance against the #1 passing attack.

Again Orton didnt play crap. He didnt play phenomenal or pro bowl caliber. But he played decent and that is almost better than 50% of all the teams could say.

I do agree with u though that Monomach, u can just take stats away and add things. Stats are not important. All i need is to watch Orton play. He played well. I mean even if he didnt get those big chunk of yardage, he moved the ball had 172 yards passing which is nice.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Our playoffs hopes are horrible.

Asuming we win both of our games, we need either:

1. Minnie loses out
Asuming Minnie wins 1, we need:

2.Tampa loses out (they play vs Oak and vs SD) and the Cowboys lose 2 out of 3 ( vs Giants, vs Bal, @PHI) as well as Phillie loses 1 out of the next 3.
or
3. Falcons lose out (@Min, vs STL) and the Cowboys lose 2 out of 3 ( vs Giants, vs Bal, @PHI) as well as Phillie loses 1 out of the next 3.
or
4. Falcons and Tampa loses out, Phillie loses 1 out of next 3

So worst case scenario, falcons lose next week win week 17, vikings win week 17, Tampa wins either one

Old 12-14-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We had a good year anyway.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 09:02 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, 8 wins compared to what we were thinking pre-season isn't horrible.....

but aggghhhh.....those losses to Tampa and Atlanta are killing us right now. I'd love to have those back......
Old 12-14-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Yeah, 8 wins compared to what we were thinking pre-season isn't horrible.....

but aggghhhh.....those losses to Tampa and Atlanta are killing us right now. I'd love to have those back......
We can say that about 5 or 6 of the Packers losses. Losses like that really suck. I'd almost rather be blown out so you can't look back and feel bad about the blown opportunities.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, if we finish with a winning record I'll be pleased. Let the Vikings fans have a division, they haven't had one since 2000.

The only thing that really bums me out is Berrian. I can't blame him for taking all that money, but I hate to see him burn us now.

I will also remind everyone when I said that Charles Tillman would end up blowing us a chance at the playoffs (Bucs game). Had we won that game, we'd be in a great position right now.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't excuse Tillman for reacting the way he did but had Trueblood not acted up first....damn.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Yeah, if we finish with a winning record I'll be pleased. Let the Vikings fans have a division, they haven't had one since 2000.

The only thing that really bums me out is Berrian. I can't blame him for taking all that money, but I hate to see him burn us now.

I will also remind everyone when I said that Charles Tillman would end up blowing us a chance at the playoffs (Bucs game). Had we won that game, we'd be in a great position right now.
Meh. The Vikings have blown a few games late as well. Every team in our division has a few what if games. The Vikings have just been blown out less the everyone else so even with those what if games we look to have the division won. Next year it could very well go someone elses way.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Looks like the Vikes will be without Pat Williams for a little while..out 2-6 weeks with a scapula injury.

We need all the help we can get...I hope it really hurts them to be without him.

We also all need to be Browns fans tonight. We need them to knock off the Eagles so we can jump ahead of them, and then we need the Eagles to knock of the Cowboys the last week of the season to keep our playoff hopes alive.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

well, basically if the Falcons lose but the bucs and cowboys win next week we are out

Old 12-16-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Well what the hell....I think Briggs is our only pro bowler.

Not like we should have had a lot of guys in, but Forte is getting snubbed....who do you take out for him? idk...but its a snub nonetheless imo. Same with Greg Olsen. I think even Kevin Boss is an alternate ahead of him.

And Carney but not Gould.

grr.....
Old 12-16-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

meh Forte had to go up against a lot of good guys, i dont think he wouldve made it over DWilliams either. You could make a case for him but its not a surprise

Hanson should be over any K in the NFC

Old 12-16-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/New...?story_id=5459

So Briggs is officially the only one.

Then the alternates: Harris was voted a first alternate, Kreutz, punter Brad Maynard and tight end Greg Olsen were chosen second alternates, and Hester and Urlacher were picked third alternates.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Harris shouldnt be an alternate. At all