Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-01-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Is this gonna be released to everyone else or what? Or something that only a select few people can get? Searchable Netflix sounds awesome I'd love to know more about how that works. I'm guessing type in the movie you want and if they have it you can go straight to it?
It's a beta right now. It's an overhaul of the entire thing, similar to how the current system was over the original one they shipped with back in 2005. I'm not sure if it's still open, but basically you just have to answer a few questions and give them your console ID and hope you get lucky.

As far as how the Netflix search thing goes, yeah, that's pretty much it. It's a really good system actually, works well. Saves you the trouble of tracking everything down on a laptop and such and helps keep things more organized. The ESPN3 support works well too, watched the Texas A&M game on it last night for a bit until switching over to watching it on regular TV just for the sake of it. Can't think of a compelling reason to use it right now as all the games on it I usually have on Cable anyway, but it's something that could be useful for a lot of people here.

EDIT: Yeah, the beta closed up.

In related news, somewhat, those of you who are short on Microsoft points can sign up for the useless Bing toolbar and the Bing Rewards program and get 200MS(Maybe even 300) points for nothing.

Oh, and this month is ******* sweet for games. New Castlevania(It's actually good, tried the demo out on the PSTRUPLE), New Fallout, and Enslaved was pretty fun. Probably getting all of those.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 10-01-2010 at 09:31 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:08 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** this game, these kids are too ******* good. Game is whack unless I'm stoned as ****.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So ESPN3 on the 360 works amazing. Oregon/Stanford wasn't being shown here. Watched it in HD the entire game. Only thing that sucks is instead of commercials you just have a "We'll be back soon!" type image. Makes you miss ads real quickly.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-03-2010, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
So ESPN3 on the 360 works amazing. Oregon/Stanford wasn't being shown here. Watched it in HD the entire game. Only thing that sucks is instead of commercials you just have a "We'll be back soon!" type image. Makes you miss ads real quickly.
that's awesome, but does makes it awkward to stroke it to andrew luck without having girls on commercials to make it seem more socially acceptable.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:39 AM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing I am disliking about the Beta is I cannot hear the hate voice messages kids are sending me.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
seriously? that's the best part about watching it online. no ads and no worthless sideline reporters.
It's better than awkward silence in the middle of your living room.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-03-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's when you switch on the Last.fm, sir!
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Hahaha yeah, but still, they should at least put some stupid "VOTE FOR THE BEST BLAH BLAH BLAH" or such. At least then there would be something to complain about.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-03-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should put up a Bejeweled Blitz and give people XLA points for doing well during commercials.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
**** ESPN on XBOX.....of course they make it so it's only available to Americans that have the right service provider. What's the point of it if you can just watch the games on your TV instead, and the people that can't watch the games on TV just miss them altogether on all platforms.

Canadians like football too...I pay $30 a month just to get the "super sports package" which means I get around 3-6 football games at a given timeslot. This Saturday they decided to show the end of the Man U soccer game on the Miami-Clemson channel so I missed the first drive for ******* soccer on a ******* college football channel.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

So I can't watch ESPN3 on Live with TWC still? Lame. Being penalized for having good internet v. ****** DSL (AT&T)...
Old 10-03-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow thats stupid, I have TWC as well. Also, anyone else want Kinnect just to control everything on your Xbox like Tom cruise does in Minority report, because thats all I really want it for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

ya, that'd be the only reason for me to buy it.... I have no interest in that tech for games.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In related news, somewhat, those of you who are short on Microsoft points can sign up for the useless Bing toolbar and the Bing Rewards program and get 200MS(Maybe even 300) points for nothing.
Btw, where can you find this? I didn't see any links for it anywhere.

Also, when is the ESPN3 stuff gonna be launched for everyone? Pretty sure the new xbox has it, but wondering if it'll be on this xbox anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I just hate how long it takes to find **** in my queue on 360. And you can't scroll backwards (i.e. press left and see the last thing on your list). So if I put something in my queue and don't set it to the top, it'll take a good long while to scroll all the way over to get to it.

I don't mind not having a search, though it'd be handy.

Do you use the RB and LB buttons? When something is at the end of my queue I just press the RB button really fast a handful of times and I'm at the end before I know it. If I passed something I can just press the LB button once, it's alot faster for me then scrolling. Wasn't sure if you knew because I started using it well after the fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I think the new dashboard is releasing with Kinnect in November/December.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Btw, where can you find this? I didn't see any links for it anywhere.

Also, when is the ESPN3 stuff gonna be launched for everyone? Pretty sure the new xbox has it, but wondering if it'll be on this xbox anytime soon.
www.bing.com/rewards. A point every other search plus 250 to sign up still I think.

As far as when the update will be public, I don't think it will be long. It will have to launch with the Kinect in November or a little before it. The New Xbox doesn't have it, it's a beta test you needed to have signed up for.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-03-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my 360 just red-ringed...it makes me sad. Between sending it in and getting it back, I don't think I'll have it in time for the Force Unleashed 2 so that means I either get it for the Wii or have to wait...not a fan either way.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So my 360 is broken, and im thinking of just getting one of those new 120gb ones. Anyone here get one yet?

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex
HawkEye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish...last time my xbox broke. I got an arcade version and then those slims came out just a week later, for about the same price. Pissed me off. I need those 240 GB, also.

Oh and my XBOX Live suspension timed out, I suppose. So I'm on Live again, yay.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:53 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I havent heard much on them, so i figured i would ask. The built in wifi is a nice feature. But i have to admit that i was hoping they would put a blu ray player in it.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah that would be a great addition...they still are a great value, though. That hard drive is massive, and there is no more threat of the RRoD with those.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yeah that would be a great addition...they still are a great value, though. That hard drive is massive, and there is no more threat of the RRoD with those.
Lol just the fact alone that there will be no rrod is a good enough reason for me to get it.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkEye30 View Post
Lol just the fact alone that there will be no rrod is a good enough reason for me to get it.
In all honesty i have seen it rrod

edit: Now that was in a tight space so it over heated multiple times and rrod

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 10-05-2010 at 08:09 PM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
In all honesty i have seen it rrod

edit: Now that was in a tight space so it over heated multiple times and rrod
It rrod on the brand new ones?

Old 10-05-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUAPla4SiI8

decent review on the new xbox