Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 07-26-2011, 04:54 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

which is the WR they were talking about pre draft as a sleeper?

They brought him in, and I think he was really fast. Not sure...

Anyone know who I am talking about?
Old 07-26-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow.. theyre putting together quite a undrafted squad.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually really like the Jeremiah Masoli pickup. It's no secret Harbaugh likes athletic quarterbacks. Worst case scenario, he's a weapon on our PS squad that can help prepare our defense for elusive guys like Michael Vick
Old 07-26-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sadly, I dont any of those UFDA's and the only one I knew about was the one we didnt sign (Herzlich, NYG) but im happy that we signed that NT who was ranked #1 and #5 respectively. That makes me happy.

Cant wait for free agency to start Friday even though im not expecting us to sign anyone major.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a position by position break down including a wish list of possible UFA's (unless they get re-signed by their current respective team) -

QB - Alex Smith (re-sign), David Carr, Colin Kaepernick (R)

I'll be somewhat shocked if Smith doesnt stay in SF for at least 2011. Carr is average at best but in no way, shape or form would I sign another veteran like Hasselbeck or Bulger or an in-between guy like Vince Young (when he gets released if he's not traded). Just wouldnt make any sense. Keep Kaepernick as the third stringer for the entire season. I would NOT have him play at all in 2011. Let him sit on the bench and be fully ready and prepared for 2012. I do NOT want to see a repeat of Rattay/Smith from 2005.

RB - Frank Gore, Anthony Dixon, Kendall Hunter (R)

Gore is set as the starter with Dixon and rookie Hunter as the backups. I just hope they give Dixon more playing time to give Gore more rest especially with him being an UFA in 2012 and us most likely re-signing him.

FB - Bruce Miller

UGH.

WR - Michael Crabtree, Santonio Holmes (UFA), Josh Morgan, Ted Ginn, Kyle Williams, Ronald Johnson (R), Dominique Zeigler

I know that we wont be keeping seven receivers come opening day but the top two would be guaranteed spots with the last four competing for the final two or three spots. With Morgan being an UFA in 2012, I would try to trade him if I can somehow sign Holmes. Holmes isnt the greatest person in the world but his speed and talent is better than Crabtree which would hopefully give him a kick in his ass to step it up. Also, at only 27, he would be awesome outside and deep threat weapon opposite Crabtree and Davis in the slot. Another positive is that Kaepernick would have the entire 2012 off-season to work with them all as a collective group. I know that there's no chance in hell of this actually happening but thats why its called a wish list. LOL.

TE - Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker, Nate Byham

In my opinion, we are set at TE barring an injury to Davis.

C - David Baas (re-sign), Tony Wragge (re-sign)

Center is arguably our most needed position with our starting center and our backup both being free agents. I would prefer to re-sign both and keep Baas at center but if he leaves for a bigger payday, Shaun O'Hara from the Giants would be a good stopgap for a year but im hoping that doesnt happen. As for Heitmann, since he's gone for the season, I would reach an injury settlement with him and let him go since he's a UFA in 2012 anyway.

OG - Mike Iupati, Marshal Yanda (UFA), Adam Snyder, Daniel Kilgore (R)

Rachal needs to go period. Guy sucks period. Yanda will be 27 in September and our starting OL from left to right would be 27, 24, 30, 27 and 21 if we sign Yanda who's one of the better players available in UFA. Either way, I really hope Harbaugh will see that Rachal is a crapper and start Snyder instead.

OT - Joe Staley, Anthony Davis, Barry Sims (re-sign), Alex Boone

Pretty much set in my opinion.

K - Josh Reed (re-sign)

I know that Nedney has been very good for us but he's now injury prone and older than Reed. I would personally re-sign Reed and release Nedney even though most would probably disagree with this move.

P - Andy Lee

Set.

LS - Brian Jennings

Set.

NT - Isaac Sopoaga, Ricky Jean-Francois

Franklin is as good as gone and I wouldnt give him the long term deal that he wants. You can add in the undrafted rookie too but I dont remember his name. Wanted to sign NT Kelly Gregg but he's 35 or whatever so no point. Rather see Sopoaga start and play NT to see if he's worth re-signing in 2012.

DE - Justin Smith, Ray McDonald (re-sign), Demetric Evans (re-sign)

Smith is set and thinking about it, wouldnt mind giving McDonald the other starting spot but not if his contract demands are too high. Evans would be a cheap veteran backup.

OLB - Aldon Smith (R), Manny Lawson (re-sign), Parys Haralson, Ahmad Brooks

Yeah, yeah, I know. Lawson is as good as gone but I would much rather re-sign him and start him opposite Smith instead of Haralson or Brooks. If/when Lawson leaves, starting a rookie opposite Haralson or Brooks could turn into a nightmare. UGH. Oh well, hope Lawson fits in better with his new team.

ILB - Patrick Willis, NaVorro Bowman, Scott McKillop, ???

We could bring back Spikes to start again but I rather see Bowman start instead to see how he does. Would like to see another veteran ILB be signed as depth if we dont re-sign Spikes. McKillop will hopefully bounce back from his injury and be good on special teams.

CB - Richard Marshall (UFA), Shawntae Spencer, Tarell Brown, Chris Culliver (R), Curtis Holcomb (R), Phillip Adams

Bye bye Nate. You're NOT worth 1/3 of your salary and for $35m, I would sign Marshall for the next five years. He'll be 27 in December which means that when his five year contract ends, he would have just turned 31. Would like to see Brown step up and surpass Spencer but dont know if that would happen. I was thinking about Asomugha but he's 30 and I wouldnt pay him the same or more than what Clements is getting because just in case, he declines due to his age (30), it would be a bigger negative than the Clements signing. Asomugha would be on my list if we were a SB contender and was missing a piece at CB but since thats not the case, I go after Marshall who'll be under the radar since everyone will be going after Asomugha, Joseph and Cromartie. An awesome move would be to sign Joseph and Marshall and then release Spencer too but thats not going to happen. Hell, I dont see any of wish list actually happening but whatever.

SS - Taylor Mays, Curtis Taylor

I know Mays is stiff in coverage but who isnt in our secondary??? LOL. Either way, he's in his second year and I would rather see him start at SS. Taylor would be the backup even though he's replaceable.

FS - Dashon Goldson (re-sign), Reggie Smith

Want to re-sign Goldson but if his demands are too high, I let him leave as an UFA and give Smith a chance unless I can sign a veteran FS as a cheap stopgap.

P.S. - I know that our team will be quiet this off-season which sucks because its been three years since a major free agent signing and this year's UFA class is pretty damn good and pretty damn deep. Oh well.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As usual Dan suggests we re-sign everyone on our team and sign two of the three top free agents available.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
As usual Dan suggests we re-sign everyone on our team and sign two of the three top free agents available.
Did you really expect anything different bud??? LOL. :)
Old 07-26-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Who doesn't when they mock up FA signings for their team?
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Barrows
In demand: FA linebacker Takeo Spikes says he's being courted by San Diego, Tennessee, Seattle and St. Louis. SF a distant 5th at the moment
Interesting thought he was a priority looks like it's Bowman time.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
Who doesn't when they mock up FA signings for their team?
People who's heads are on planet earth.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
which is the WR they were talking about pre draft as a sleeper?

They brought him in, and I think he was really fast. Not sure...

Anyone know who I am talking about?
Not sure who you have in mind for sure. These are the WRs the 49ers brought in prior to the draft...

Sean Creadick, WR, UC Davis
Joe Hastings, WR, Washburn
Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
Jordan Watson, WR, Harding
Raymond Webber, WR, Arkansas Pine Bluff
Old 07-26-2011, 10:23 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TKO signed with SD :( Going to miss TKO's energy and presence.

Matt Maiocco had these tweets:
Quote:
49ers are fully prepared to pay to keep S Dashon Goldson. They'll go higher to sign him than any of their defensive free agents
49ers are focusing on re-signing DE Ray McDonald and are prepared to lose NT Aubrayo Franklin and OLB Manny Lawson.
Interested to see how much the 49ers are willing to pay for Goldson since the Raiders are rumored to be in the bidding for him.

We can scratch Ike Taylor off our want list:
Quote:
@AdamSchefter: Pittsburgh reached agreement with veteran cornerback Ike Taylor on a four-year deal.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like we still have a lot of cap room to work with. Maybe were trying to lure in Nnamdi or Joesph?
Old 07-26-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NNAMDI NNAMDI NNAMDI NNAMDI NNAMDI!!!

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:41 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This This a Thousand times YES!!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

Baalke would sumbit himself as a legit GM in this business if he can land Nnamdi. First Harbaugh, then Nnamdi. Would be so awesome!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

I really hope the niners get outbid for Goldson.

Last edited by Menardo75 : 07-26-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:54 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I dont even want Asomugha. He's 30 years old and while he's in my opinion the best cover corner in the league, he should be going to a team like the Ravens who are a legitimate Super Bowl contender as opposed to a 49ers team who needs younger players to build around.

Instead of paying the $15m or so per season, I would rather see us sign Joseph and Marshall and then release Clements and Spencer which would more or less break even. As for Goldson, I like him but I dont think that he's worth more than Lawson in my opinion. Goldson and the rest of the secondary were beat time and time again and I would replace my starting CB's and Goldson if he wants to much money. The only player I wouldnt replace would be Mays since he's only entering his second season.

Surprised Spikes went to SD but he should fit in well there. I'm happy that Bowman can start at ILB next to Willis but I would still like to see us sign a veteran backup just in case.

Yanda re-signed with the Ravens so he's gone and thus far, the only move we have made is re-signing Alex Smith to a one year $5m deal. Oh well.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised at the former Oregon QB pickup.With so many spread option QB on the team it just doesn't look good.We need a strong pocket passer dang it!Jeremiah Masoli isn't even that good a passing QB IMO.Looks like we are done for another year.I just don't get why are not getting big name guys who are in FA for key positions that could possibly left team into post season.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually prefer Jonathan Joseph over Nnamdi.

He'll be cheaper, and he'll be able to play a lot longer at a higher level.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:48 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

^^^^^ Me too.

I would love Joseph but also want Marshall too since he's a solid CB who'll fly under the radar. I love to see us sign both and then release Clements and Spencer. Joseph and Marshall would be huge upgrades in my opinion over Clements and Spencer.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I'm surprised at the former Oregon QB pickup.With so many spread option QB on the team it just doesn't look good.We need a strong pocket passer dang it!Jeremiah Masoli isn't even that good a passing QB IMO.Looks like we are done for another year.I just don't get why are not getting big name guys who are in FA for key positions that could possibly left team into post season.
I hope you realize that FA hasn't officially started yet and that all of these moves you're hearing are just rumor. Who are all of these big name players that the 49ers havent gotten?
Old 07-27-2011, 12:03 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
I actually prefer Jonathan Joseph over Nnamdi.

He'll be cheaper, and he'll be able to play a lot longer at a higher level.
Not necessarily. He has a foot issue that has prevented him from playing a full season in 5 of his last 7 seasons.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:41 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I hope you realize that FA hasn't officially started yet and that all of these moves you're hearing are just rumor. Who are all of these big name players that the 49ers havent gotten?
Actually, it has started but players cant officially sign the contracts until Friday but with teams announcing terms, I dont see any player backing out and changing their mind. Charles Johnson was one of them coming off a good season and cashed in by staying with CAR and Marshal Yanda cashed in to with $7m a season to stay in BAL. Ike Taylor stayed in PIT with a four year deal. Granted, none of them are top tier but I think the top tier players will sign late tomorrow which gives them an extra day to get to the team's facility to sign their contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Not necessarily. He has a foot issue that has prevented him from playing a full season in 5 of his last 7 seasons.
Hmmmm, Joseph has only played five seasons. He's played in 67 games out of a possible 80 games and started 58 of them. And he did play a full season back in 2009. 16 games played, 16 games started. Joseph has 14 career interceptions. Not great but not horrible either. Marshall has played in 80 of 80 games starting 46 with 14 career interceptions too.

Either way, both Joseph and Marshall would be an upgrade over who we have starting at CB now and that in itself would be a huge plus.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I want is Richard Marshall from Carolina.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote