Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 09-22-2008, 12:57 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was just leading the NFL in tackles as early as last week, I know because he was my IDP sleeper heading into the year, not sure how he fared last week but he looks like a good bet to return to form of 130+ tackles in a season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:57 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't able to watch much of the game yesterday but I have watched the game against TB and most of the Washington game.

I don't know if it's scheme or the lack of aggressiveness shown by our defensive coordinator but there has been only the occasional play that has made Vilma stand out. He's a drastic improvement over Mark Simoneau but he is not the force I thought he would be when we traded for him. He could probably wreak more havoc if Sedrick Ellis (whose been amazing) would have someone more capable playing next to him to free up Vilma and the other LB's.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I wasn't able to watch much of the game yesterday but I have watched the game against TB and most of the Washington game.

I don't know if it's scheme or the lack of aggressiveness shown by our defensive coordinator but there has been only the occasional play that has made Vilma stand out. He's a drastic improvement over Mark Simoneau but he is not the force I thought he would be when we traded for him. He could probably wreak more havoc if Sedrick Ellis (whose been amazing) would have someone more capable playing next to him to free up Vilma and the other LB's.
yeah, so far i haven't seen him make a play. tackle numbers are fine and dandy, but theyre overrated. he was a playmaker before, i haven't seen it yet.

he really needs to be in a Tampa 2.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If anyone watched the game the Real Backer from the U was in Orange....DJ Williams single handedly saved the game for us on a 3 and 1, he flys through and takes pierre down for a loss....if they would have converted they wouldnt have had to rely on gramatica.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:49 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
If anyone watched the game the Real Backer from the U was in Orange....DJ Williams single handedly saved the game for us on a 3 and 1, he flys through and takes pierre down for a loss....if they would have converted they wouldnt have had to rely on gramatica.
Really.... This has nothing to do with this thread.

On another note. I have always liked Vilma and i do hope he isnt washed up.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's still flying all over the field, not close to being washed up or being a shell of his former self. He is still obviously getting used to the defense, its not like he's had a ton of time in New Orleans.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you guys going to extend him?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sure as hell hope so. He's the first athletic LB we've had since the Dome Patrol.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 09-22-2008, 02:36 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
What happened?
Tim Brady and Brad Sanders got injured.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The real linebacker from the U right now is Beason.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Tim Brady and Brad Sanders got injured.
I know Tim Brady.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
The real linebacker from the U right now is Beason.
Don't forget about Rocky McIntosh, and Tavares Gooden looks like he could be a gem in the future for the Ravens.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Go Blue
Rookie

Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.

Has Adrian Arrington gotten any playing time yet?

sig by Pacific
Go Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

I don't think Arrington is even on the team anymore. Not positive on that though. We've used about 7 different WRs and he hasn't been one of them.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 09-22-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Blue View Post
Has Adrian Arrington gotten any playing time yet?
Was placed on the IR.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:21 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Yesterday was bad.

But we went into Denver, a place where only the Broncos win and put up 500 yards and probably should've won the game. It's hard to look at yesterday and not see some positives.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'd do well with a better strong side linebacker beside him.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People constantly blamed Vilma's lack of explosion on the 3-4, when to some Jets fans it seemed like injuries took a toll. I believe this is his fifth year...third in the 4-3 (first two in the 4-3 then the next two in the 3-4). He wasn't great either year in the 3-4 though he racked up tackles, but what most people don't realize is he didn't do much more than rack up tackles his second year in the 4-3 either. The only season that he really consistantly made big plays and stood out as a stud was his rookie year. I hope it's just a scheme adjustment, but I can't say I'd be surprised if he isn't a big play stud in New Orleans.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
DJ was an obvious monster that game, but on that instance he was untouched to the runner, with no one trying to tackle him. Many of his tackles also came on completions against him. I thought he played very well, i'm just saying.

Vilma was clearly invisible against the Broncos, but i wouldn't jump to conclusions based on only that. I want to see another game before i comment in a general way, but last week appears to be the one big drop in tackles, which is where he usually makes his impact. Given that, i'm not sure if he's making the tackles for short gains, or what. Regardless, 1 PD and solid tackle numbers through the first 2 games indicate he was at least a reliable player out there.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im just pointing that out

Vilma was one of my favorites comming out him and DJ were animals...and its great to see them both in the right position/scheme
Old 09-22-2008, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I think Vilma still has a lot left he will be fine.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He didn't play all that well this week, but he's piling up tackles and playing well in coverage, that's really all we want from him.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
He'd do well with a better strong side linebacker beside him.
Right now Scott Fujita is hurt. Once he's back in the line-up he'll help Vilma. What's holding our front seven back is Scott Shanle. I'd say that he'd be a very good backup but he's just not starting material. He's good on blitzing but that's it. He's not fast enough when dropping back in coverage and doesn't know how to avoid being blocked.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

He's played a whole what 3 games since missing an entire year with an injury?

Let's give him a couple weeks to get used to football again before we say he is washed up.

Besides, it's not like he's playing with a bunch of studs around him on that defense. He's probably their best physical talent on that side of the ball.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
He's played a whole what 3 games since missing an entire year with an injury?

Let's give him a couple weeks to get used to football again before we say he is washed up.

Besides, it's not like he's playing with a bunch of studs around him on that defense. He's probably their best physical talent on that side of the ball.
That Defensive line has talent, and while the secondary is thin at the top they do have good depth. My biggest issue with that D is why aren't they attacking more? The best way to cover a poor secondary is to get pressure, when you have Will Smith, Charles Grant, Sed Ellis and McCray on your line and you're not getting pressure then you're doing something wrong. I'd really love to see what that saints D would look like with a Co-ordinator who mixed things up and liked to attack. They have guys there that can be useful enough to give that prolific offense a chance to win each game.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote