Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots Team Forum

Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 11-26-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanksgiving was really his coming-out party. He has substantially improved over the course of the season. Certainly looking like a future stud on the defense. Now if only Darius Butler would show us something.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This draft in general for us, has been insanely good. Almost everyone starts or has significant playing time. How long do you think Brady has it in him to play at a high level, you think he can make it as old as Warner and Farve did? Or does anyone see us trying to draft someone early these next few years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nepg i respect ur opinions but von miller is a guy the patriots will never draft in a million years. write it down bro lol

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:53 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
This draft in general for us, has been insanely good. Almost everyone starts or has significant playing time. How long do you think Brady has it in him to play at a high level, you think he can make it as old as Warner and Farve did? Or does anyone see us trying to draft someone early these next few years?
I think Brady has at least this contract left in him. He could probably play until he is in his late 30s with no problem. Favre's problem isn't that he's too old all of a sudden now, it's the beating he's taken his whole career and the type of football he plays leaves him succeptible to injuries. But because of this ironman thing he's got going on he'll be too stubborn to sit for a game or two. I think Brady will go the Kurt Warner route. Retire at about 38 when he can still get it done, but doesn't want to leave one year too late. So maybe a QB will be drafted in two or three years but not soon IMO

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:55 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am happy to say I was right on McCourty. I helped somebody mock him to us before the draft and was huge on him ever since. Thought he would be a stud, but not this quickly.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I'll admit I didn't see the McCourty pick coming nor did I like it at the time.
This was with Bodden being healthy, Butler showing he could be a servicable number 2 and Wilhite holding down the nickel
I just didn't see space for him. I knew he's good at KR as well and we lacked in that department last year (Thank God Tate is holding that down so McCourty stays fresh for D)

I'll eat crow all day every day with a smile on my face!
Old 11-27-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting trivia you can pull on random people:

Who are the only 2 (non management, non referees... coaches and players only please) that have been a part of all 3 of the Giants Super Bowl victories?

Who is the only member (coach/player) of all 6 of the Patriots Super Bowl teams?

---

Knowing either will impress me ;) (Googling it however will not :P). If you want a hint on the first one, it's posted in a Patriots thread for a reason.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure that the answer to the second one is Dante Scarnecchia, but I don't know about the first one.. Parcells and Belichick would be the obvious answers, but I don't think it's right. Phil Simms and LT might be the answer to the second one? I don't know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Second one is definitely Dante. First one is Tom Coughlin.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Belichick is one of the first (the easy one - the second one is someone who would have been overlooked in 07, but probably not in 85 or 90), but third Super Bowl (2007) had nothing to do with Parcells

Dante is the second.

edit: I don't think Coughlin was involved in 85 or 90. Let me check.

edit2: If you are curious

Last edited by descendency : 11-27-2010 at 08:09 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys think we make a move on Fitzgerald. It makes sense since he is such a good fit, but our offense has been great but we still don't have a true #1 (Branch is really playing well but still), we need size at the position too. Our TE's have been great, but I still think it would make sense even though we do need the draft picks to help on defense. So many variables, but I would love to see Fitzgerald in a Pats uniform.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should we if the price is right? Yes, no doubt about it imo.
Will we? I don't know, I'm sure BB will give it some thought. A true #1 receiver would give us a whole other dimension on offense. I don't consider it as a real possibility though, since some other team will make some ridiculous offer that BB won't match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Last edited by Razor : 11-28-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we absolutely have to if he gets on the market, unless it's a franchise breaking trade.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-28-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it depends on how far we get this year and how our offense performs in the post season (assuming we get there). I mean look what happened after we lost to the Colts in 2006. BB had our offense go super sayian 3.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it depends on what the salary cap looks like coming out of the (hopefully) new CBA.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Were also going to have an 18 game schedule so idk how this affects the current contracts of every player. No way are the players taking pre season checks for regular games.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-28-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

18 game schedule...vomit.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-28-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

It's going to happen, theres nothing we can do about it, the "fans" have spoken. It's so annoying, on top of which the two new games favor the good teams because as of now the top teams in the division will play two of the bottom teams in another division and vice versa for the **** teams.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-28-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm just going to hope the players bail us out. They're opposed to 18 games. Maybe some agreement can be reached where it does not happen. Brady's touchdown record is gone first season if they put up two more games, which kind of sucks.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-28-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Yeah that would certainly suck. But I can promise it's going to happen, Goodell has his dick so hard for his 18 game schedule that he hasnt even looked into getting a new deal done for next year.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-29-2010, 07:36 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Do you guys think we make a move on Fitzgerald. It makes sense since he is such a good fit, but our offense has been great but we still don't have a true #1 (Branch is really playing well but still), we need size at the position too. Our TE's have been great, but I still think it would make sense even though we do need the draft picks to help on defense. So many variables, but I would love to see Fitzgerald in a Pats uniform.
Definitely. I'll more than happily trade OAK's 1st and our 3rd for him.
I think we would reach 2007 status (numbers wise) offensively.
You just wouldn't be able to stop anything. Making BJGE/WH even that more effective.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree that Fitz would be a great fit offensively. However what worries me is his contract. He will deservedly be the highest paid WR in the NFL. Im not sure BB will want to give up two top 100 picks and a major contract

Old 11-29-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I hope he does.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-29-2010, 11:54 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-NFLDC

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love long weekends. Thursday & Friday off . . . . mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hope y'all had a nice Thanksgiving - even if it was a pseudo, duck filled holiday across the pond. lol

anyway . . .

McCourty is making a case for DROY. It will take a big finish for him to wrest that particluar award away from Suh, but he looks like he's improving by leaps and bounds at this point.

WR - I honestly think we'll show major interest in Fitz +/- VJax next year. Obviously it will depend on the pricetag each carries, but each guy would provide the skill set and experience we need to be beastly on offense for the final years of Brady's shelf life. I think the talent here is better than other positions of need via FA / trades.

The wheels seem to be falling off in Oakland. So we've got that going for us, which is nice. 10-15 is still a very reasonable expectation with that pick.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I love long weekends. Thursday & Friday off . . . . mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hope y'all had a nice Thanksgiving - even if it was a pseudo, duck filled holiday across the pond. lol

anyway . . .

McCourty is making a case for DROY. It will take a big finish for him to wrest that particluar award away from Suh, but he looks like he's improving by leaps and bounds at this point.

WR - I honestly think we'll show major interest in Fitz +/- VJax next year. Obviously it will depend on the pricetag each carries, but each guy would provide the skill set and experience we need to be beastly on offense for the final years of Brady's shelf life. I think the talent here is better than other positions of need via FA / trades.

The wheels seem to be falling off in Oakland. So we've got that going for us, which is nice. 10-15 is still a very reasonable expectation with that pick.
If McCourty finishes in the 7-10 range of INTs and continues to lock down opposing WRs he has a chance. But Suh is still odds on at the moment.

I think the CBA will have a big bearing on whether we go for one of the WRs available in the offseason. If no salary cap then maybe.

If you're ever looking for one franchise to somehow **** something up it's always good to start at Oakland.