Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-19-2010, 11:12 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Yeah I pretty much got owned. I got a message from a guy asking me if I would sell him a Halo level 50. He was offering 4000 microsoft points or $100, so of course I said I would make the deal. Turns out the guy was a Microsoft employee, caught me in the act of breaking one of their Code of Conduct policies. I'm trying to figure out now what I should do with this worthless X-Box.

Thanks btw, should be a good game. Essex has a solid run game, but we have the top run D in the league. As long as we can limit their QB (apparently he's a scrambler), we should be fine, our offense scores more than enough.
That sucks. People get paid just to bait people on XBOX Live...lame.

Our run game looked pretty good against your D ;). Our OC is way too vanilla with the offense though.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Netflix added seasons 1-8 of Family Guy to Instant Watching, and American Dad seasons 1-6. Epic Winzzz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:14 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Likely the best decision you ever made.

I <3 COD, but it and Halo get unfairly compared to each other. They're completely different types of shooters, and both incredibly enjoyable.
It does seem like they're taking a page out of MW's book though with the online aspect of the game. Granted they are two different styles of shooters, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Still, the incentive to progress ones character will be a nice.

Also when I say taking a page out of MW's book, I really mean that MW took a page out of Battlefield 2's book.
Forenci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:48 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like this one will be Halo meets BF2. Quake did this not long ago, and it was terrible... I don't have too high of hopes for this game, but it could surprise me. Really only getting it for the coop.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not into Halo. If anyone remembers from back in like, 07/08 playing with me, I was ****** awful. I had one move. Charge, empty clip, b button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Halo single player is still good, the MP hasn't been good (my preferred kind) since Halo 1.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope people aren't using the reasoning of "I suck at Halo and therefore I don't like it" as means to dislike the game. There are things to dislike about the series, but I've never followed that line of reasoning.

Oddly enough I love Halo, which is unusual as I'm more of a 'hardcore' gamer. Which for most people who eat, sleep, and breathe video games like myself tend to dislike it for it's rather casual gameplay mechanics and the fact casual gamers tend to think it's the greatest game of all-time.

Personally I just love it because it's simple to pick up and play for an hour and have a blast with all the hilarious things that can happen with the vehicles, rocker launchers, plasma grenades and so on.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I hope people aren't using the reasoning of "I suck at Halo and therefore I don't like it" as means to dislike the game. There are things to dislike about the series, but I've never followed that line of reasoning.

Oddly enough I love Halo, which is unusual as I'm more of a 'hardcore' gamer. Which for most people who eat, sleep, and breathe video games like myself tend to dislike it for it's rather casual gameplay mechanics and the fact casual gamers tend to think it's the greatest game of all-time.

Personally I just love it because it's simple to pick up and play for an hour and have a blast with all the hilarious things that can happen with the vehicles, rocker launchers, plasma grenades and so on.
I really dont understand the whole "hard core" phrase when it comes to Halo and COD. So hardcore means that you die instantly when shot? I guess I dont see how thats hardcore considering thats really just who sees who first, and knowing where to camp. Or how its easier to pick up and play halo then it is for COD, because my first time playing COD it was much easier to get kills then it was in Halo, I see a guy in COD first, bam dead. Halo, I see a guy and start shooting, four shotted. I love me some COD, but I dont see how that or Counter strike require more skill then getting into a fire fight in halo.

On another note, I would be down for playing with people on reach, I still play halo on a regular basis and am pretty good. We should try getting a tournament started on here, even if we dont have enough people I could always get some friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 08-20-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Sounds perfect for me then for my first buy. Just looking for something I can hop on for a little while and just kill some time doing cool **** online.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FF 13 worth the $45?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
FF 13 worth the $45?
meh its ok. Story line is a little fuzzy, they didnt do a great job explaining everything, but the fighting is awesome, so long as you dont mind never being able to feel really powerful no matter how much training you do.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
meh its ok. Story line is a little fuzzy, they didnt do a great job explaining everything, but the fighting is awesome, so long as you dont mind never being able to feel really powerful no matter how much training you do.
Well that's no fun. Weak.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
clover_jeez
DiG's Master
Veteran

clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well that's no fun. Weak.
...I over leveled and the only thing I couldn't kill quickly was the 1.5million HP guys. It's a fun game, I enjoyed it all the way through. If I were you I would pick up Infinite Undiscovery. Square-Enix game really underrated.

clover_jeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by clover_jeez View Post
...I over leveled and the only thing I couldn't kill quickly was the 1.5million HP guys. It's a fun game, I enjoyed it all the way through. If I were you I would pick up Infinite Undiscovery. Square-Enix game really underrated.
Funny enough I was thinking about picking that up today. I just really want an RPG to **** around with for awhile.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
clover_jeez
DiG's Master
Veteran

clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.clover_jeez is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Funny enough I was thinking about picking that up today. I just really want an RPG to **** around with for awhile.
That's probably the best one I can think of. It's a slow start to the story but once it picks up it's the most fun I've had with an RPG in a while. Once you get to a certain point you can go anywhere and do anything, I leveled up to 90 before the last "dungeon" max level is 255. Bonus dungeon at the end of the game. To me it's worth more than the 20$ I payed. I'll never sale it.

clover_jeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:33 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by clover_jeez View Post
I mean sure I could kill everyone, I made it all the way through the game and then finished all but the last two missions, but you never really get the feeling your dominating any thing you fight no matter how much you level. It is pretty weak to be honest. That does make the boss battles a little more intense tho.

Also, someone answer my hardcore post from the last page, I am honestly curious.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-21-2010, 09:01 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I really dont understand the whole "hard core" phrase when it comes to Halo and COD. So hardcore means that you die instantly when shot? I guess I dont see how thats hardcore considering thats really just who sees who first, and knowing where to camp. Or how its easier to pick up and play halo then it is for COD, because my first time playing COD it was much easier to get kills then it was in Halo, I see a guy in COD first, bam dead. Halo, I see a guy and start shooting, four shotted. I love me some COD, but I dont see how that or Counter strike require more skill then getting into a fire fight in halo.

On another note, I would be down for playing with people on reach, I still play halo on a regular basis and am pretty good. We should try getting a tournament started on here, even if we dont have enough people I could always get some friends.
It's more about how much individual player skill and intelligence it takes to be good at the game. CoD requires quite a bit more strategy, and because you can be one-shot killed you have to be far more aware of your surroundings. Shitties will quit games that require more skill, but will stick to a game where they have a chance despite being terribad. Hence, the Halo crowd.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It's more about how much individual player skill and intelligence it takes to be good at the game. CoD requires quite a bit more strategy, and because you can be one-shot killed you have to be far more aware of your surroundings. Shitties will quit games that require more skill, but will stick to a game where they have a chance despite being terribad. Hence, the Halo crowd.
Meh, I disagree. I don't want to turn this into a Halo vs. COD debate yet again, but there is a reason Halo is the most competitively played 360 game (other than Street Fighter for you asians). You do not give it enough credit for having to require skill, put me in a 4 vs 1 against ****** kids and I doubt they would get half my score.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I just wanted to point out when I said I was a 'hardcore' gamer I wasn't referring to the game mode in which Halo and MW uses. I meant it as I play a ton of video games and enjoy the 'universe' of video games.

Btw DK, make sure you force Gonzo to get the game.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive never been a big GTA guy, but Im thinking of downloading San Andreas. It was fairly cheap I think.
Something about cruising through 3 different cities and blowing **** up is sounding appealing to me finally.
Yay or Nay? The whole universe in that game seems cooler than GTA4.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

San Andreas was fanastic...so long as you had a car. If not...ughhhhhh. The map is freaking enormous. I remember getting stranded several times and just running for what seemed like hours. No cars at all sometimes.

GTA4 is a great game, too. To be fair, though.

My favorite was Vice City. They all grow boring after a while, but they're all quality games.

edit...just random.

Working out is hilarious in San Andreas....CJ's body can change so much. You can spend a whole day benching and look like a linebacker before nightfall.

And oh yeah...planes and jet packs ftw. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-21-2010 at 12:59 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
San Andreas was fanastic...so long as you had a car. If not...ughhhhhh. The map is freaking enormous. I remember getting stranded several times and just running for what seemed like hours. No cars at all sometimes.

GTA4 is a great game, too. To be fair, though.

My favorite was Vice City. They all grow boring after a while, but they're all quality games.

edit...just random.

Working out is hilarious in San Andreas....CJ's body can change so much. You can spend a whole day benching and look like a linebacker before nightfall.

And oh yeah...planes and jet packs ftw. haha.
Indeed. The world was epicly big. I would always grab a private jet when I had to go large distances and just land in the middle of the high way, haha.

Also Mr. Regular, it depends how much it is. If it's 20 or under, definitely worth it. I always liked San Andreas more than GTA IV.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

SA was way better than 4. Definitely the best of the bunch.

There was just too much going on in GTA4. The ******* cell phone wouldn't stop ringing/texting long enough for me to finish a mission.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It does seem like they're taking a page out of MW's book though with the online aspect of the game. Granted they are two different styles of shooters, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Still, the incentive to progress ones character will be a nice.

Also when I say taking a page out of MW's book, I really mean that MW took a page out of Battlefield 2's book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Seems like this one will be Halo meets BF2. Quake did this not long ago, and it was terrible... I don't have too high of hopes for this game, but it could surprise me. Really only getting it for the coop.
Whoo!!! Battlefield!!!

If anyone wants to join up with Geo and I for some BF:BC2, then lets hit it up!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I see intelligence in hardcore as just having experience. Knowing a map and where to be isnt the same as being a smart player.

Quote:
Quote: