Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who is the worst?
Brody 623421 54.74%
Sham 515531 45.26%
Voters: 1138952. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

cheesehead10790 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So the fact that Durant cant rep 185 once doesnt worry anyone? I know he will build up and strength isnt as big of a deal in the NBA as the NFL but come on. Oden is the safer pick which is what makes me think Portland will take him.

Not to contradict myself though, but Id pick Durant. He has much more upside.

^tek
cheesehead10790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Lets just face it now, no body will live up to M.J. expectations, he is a one of a kind player who can score from anywhere and a great defender, but Durant can do some of the same things, & honestly i only feel that Oden will be a decent player maybe 15 pts, 10 rebs, 2 blks a night(still good but not game changing)
I think Oden is good for at least 3 or 4 blocks a game. His shot blocking instincts are amazing
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

imo the reason Durant can't rep 185 is because he never worked out in his life, he probably never touched weights in high school & he was only in college for a little bit before basketball started & i know most bball players don't work out in the season, once he hits the weight room imagine how much better his inside game will become

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

Yeah thats why i said he has much more upside. He reallllly needs to get to the weightroom if he wants to contribute this season.

Hes guna play the 3 right? Cuz hes not big enough to play the 4.

^tek
Old 06-22-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I think Oden is good for at least 3 or 4 blocks a game. His shot blocking instincts are amazing
I think he could be a better scorer down the line as well. To cap his potential at 15pts/game is kind of silly. He's still a developing player and once he develops a shot within 12ft of the basket, he'll be all the more better. Remember, the college game is not built for big men to succeed. The NBA is where that distinction changes completely.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead10790 View Post
Yeah thats why i said he has much more upside. He reallllly needs to get to the weightroom if he wants to contribute this season.

Hes guna play the 3 right? Cuz hes not big enough to play the 4.

ya i think he is much more of a swingman than a combo forward, but he does grab alot of rebounds

Old 06-22-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So the fact that Durant cant rep 185 once doesnt worry anyone? I know he will build up and strength isnt as big of a deal in the NBA as the NFL but come on. Oden is the safer pick which is what makes me think Portland will take him.

Not to contradict myself though, but Id pick Durant. He has much more upside.
I don't know if Oden is the safer pick, it completely depends on how he checks out with the doctors. And the thing about Durant is he's probably never lifted before. Imagine how much bigger and stronger he'll get once he's on an actual weight program with a strength coach. Not that it's good that he couldn't rep 185, but the fact that he can get much bigger and stronger just adds to his already tremendous upside. Plus he's probably not the only one that couldn't bench 185, its just the other guys who couldn't came up with excuses not to try. It was an oversight to try and do it, but it isn't a big deal at all in my eyes.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
imo the reason Durant can't rep 185 is because he never worked out in his life, he probably never touched weights in high school & he was only in college for a little bit before basketball started & i know most bball players don't work out in the season, once he hits the weight room imagine how much better his inside game will become
also its tough for people with long arms to do bench presses, but yeah once he works out full time he'll be ok
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well lets all remember here that Portland is *believed* to want to trade Zach Randolph. If they are able to than I am certain the Oden is the best pick for them, if not then its harder to fit Oden, Aldridge, and Randolph so Durant might be a better fit.

I dont like Randolph but he puts up good #s and if a team wants to get into contention quick, *ie Minny,Chicago* they may just make a deal for him including a lottery pick. Tho i havent heard any rumors.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I don't know if Oden is the safer pick, it completely depends on how he checks out with the doctors. And the thing about Durant is he's probably never lifted before. Imagine how much bigger and stronger he'll get once he's on an actual weight program with a strength coach. Not that it's good that he couldn't rep 185, but the fact that he can get much bigger and stronger just adds to his already tremendous upside. Plus he's probably not the only one that couldn't bench 185, its just the other guys who couldn't came up with excuses not to try. It was an oversight to try and do it, but it isn't a big deal at all in my eyes.
The reason I say he is a safer pick is because of his size. I mean regardless of what he turns out to be, every game he'll be able to come out and block 2 shots get 4-6 rebounds and 8ish points per game. His size alone is what gives him these numbers.
So even without being a superstar, he can contribute starting game one.

Durant will be viewed as either a success or failure because of teh MJ and LeBron comparisons. If he and Oden have similar numbers, I would say people would criticize Durant. Maybe thats a dumb speculation, but thats just what I think.

^tek
Old 06-22-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The reason I say he is a safer pick is because of his size. I mean regardless of what he turns out to be, every game he'll be able to come out and block 2 shots get 4-6 rebounds and 8ish points per game. His size alone is what gives him these numbers.
So even without being a superstar, he can contribute starting game one.

Durant will be viewed as either a success or failure because of teh MJ and LeBron comparisons. If he and Oden have similar numbers, I would say people would criticize Durant. Maybe thats a dumb speculation, but thats just what I think.
I never said Oden wasn't the safer pick, the point I wanted to get across outside of Durant's 185 bench not meaning much, was that if Oden doesn't check out well with team docs between his wrist (which may not have complete range of motion back yet) and something else I remember was an injury concern, then he may not be the safer pick because there is a chance he gets hurt. Durant should be a slam dunk offensively though, and Oden will be on the boards and blocking shots. It really depends what you prefer. But Durant has such a tremendous offensive arsenal, I have a hard time thinking he won't end up a great player. And I'd say if they have similar numbers, it would completely depend on their supporting casts and the success of their teams. But all else being equal, I think it makes more sense to be critical of the guy that gets picked number one, whoever that may be. But you're talking partially about their impacts and partially about how people will view them. Their impacts will be very different so it is difficult to compare, and I think they'll be viewed in a pretty similar manner. If they reach there potential then that's great, and if not it depends how close they get. It's hard to say people will be harder on Durant though. Plus, Oden will have the Sam Bowie questions from the getgo if he goes number 1.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

Quote:
I never said Oden wasn't the safer pick, the point I wanted to get across outside of Durant's 185 bench not meaning much, was that if Oden doesn't check out well with team docs between his wrist (which may not have complete range of motion back yet) and something else I remember was an injury concern, then he may not be the safer pick because there is a chance he gets hurt. Durant should be a slam dunk offensively though, and Oden will be on the boards and blocking shots. It really depends what you prefer. But Durant has such a tremendous offensive arsenal, I have a hard time thinking he won't end up a great player. And I'd say if they have similar numbers, it would completely depend on their supporting casts and the success of their teams. But all else being equal, I think it makes more sense to be critical of the guy that gets picked number one, whoever that may be. But you're talking partially about their impacts and partially about how people will view them. Their impacts will be very different so it is difficult to compare, and I think they'll be viewed in a pretty similar manner. If they reach there potential then that's great, and if not it depends how close they get. It's hard to say people will be harder on Durant though. Plus, Oden will have the Sam Bowie questions from the getgo if he goes number 1.
Yeah Oden will have the Bowie comparisons which will be hard to break from. If he doesnt show progress in the first year, the word bust will be screamed all over the country.

Also, look what Oden has done with only one good wrist. That shows he has a huge upside as well. I think that Portland has more pieces already than Seattle so whoever goes to Portland has a better chance of making their team better this season.

If Oden ends up a bust and Durant is an all-star, you might as well just move the team because the entire state of Oregon will be trying to kill the Blazers GM. If I were Portland, Oden is the pick that makes most sense still though.

^tek
Old 06-22-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

lets just hope they both suck

Old 06-22-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just thinking about how the next two "superstars" are going to the Western Conference. I guess its good the Pistons, but I would like to see the conference get better so I don't have to deal with "Well you guys play in the East''.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I was just thinking about how the next two "superstars" are going to the Western Conference. I guess its good the Pistons, but I would like to see the conference get better so I don't have to deal with "Well you guys play in the East''.
Western Pacific Conference at that. Land of the Lakers Suns and Warriors. That division is guna be stacked in the next 5 years.

^tek
Old 06-22-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's pretty laughable that some of you guys assume that Durant hasn't touched the weights. A major program like UT has a workout program. I'm sure Durant was a part of it. Come on. If he isn't strong, then so be it. But please don't come on here and act like he hasn't ever touched weights.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
It's pretty laughable that some of you guys assume that Durant hasn't touched the weights. A major program like UT has a workout program. I'm sure Durant was a part of it. Come on. If he isn't strong, then so be it. But please don't come on here and act like he hasn't ever touched weights.

If they had a useful workout program, explain to me how someone whose that much of a natural athlete cant lift 185 once. Anyway, i could care less if he cant lift 130. I havent seen it hurt him at all. hes a basketball player, not a weightlifter.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah that was a little ridiculous.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

Quote:
Lets just face it now, no body will live up to M.J. expectations, he is a one of a kind player who can score from anywhere and a great defender, but Durant can do some of the same things, & honestly i only feel that Oden will be a decent player maybe 15 pts, 10 rebs, 2 blks a night(still good but not game changing)
Says the man who drafted Greg Oden for the Phoenix Suns and had Zach Randolph at SF rather then drafting Kevin Durant and having Randolph at PF lol.

I think both are great players, Portland can't go wrong really. But in the end I would pick Oden, franchise centers like Oden don't come around very often, while they could trade up with there bunch of 2nd round picks to get a guy like Jeff Green.

Last edited by Eagles own the NFC East : 06-22-2007 at 05:08 PM.
Eagles own the NFC East is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Obviously he's lifted, but obviously he hasn't really concentrated on it and who can blame him. If some team was really concerned about his inability to bench 185, I'm sure they could have him work harder at it and he'd be able to and it'd be fine. He may have lifted, but he certainly has room to grow both bigger and stronger. Besides that, as somebody mentioned, it's tough to bench when your arms are that long. I exaggerated, but he definitely can improve significantly in that area, fair?
Old 06-22-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Obviously he's lifted, but obviously he hasn't really concentrated on it and who can blame him. If some team was really concerned about his inability to bench 185, I'm sure they could have him work harder at it and he'd be able to and it'd be fine. He may have lifted, but he certainly has room to grow both bigger and stronger. Besides that, as somebody mentioned, it's tough to bench when your arms are that long. I exaggerated, but he definitely can improve significantly in that area, fair?
Yeah Derza, that was my point. Just because he didn't lift 185, people can't ASSUME he doesn't lift or hasn't ever lifted. That is just stupid, especially when he's been at UT for a year. I could see if he didn't lift in high school, but at UT, he'd be in the weight room.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok word out of Atown, this is their bigboard for PG's:

1) Acie Law
2) Javarris Crittenton
3) Mike Conley Jr.

And apparently the Hawks are seriously considering Acie at #3, you all know what I'd think of it, but I have no problem with this big board, it's all preference. I am a Conley fan but he is not the elite PG prospect all of these drafts sites are making him out to be, I would not be shocked if he is not the first PG taken. This could all be smoke, but you never know.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post

1) Acie Law
2) Javarris Crittenton
3) Mike Conley Jr.

And apparently the Hawks are seriously considering Acie at #3, you all know what I'd think of it, but I have no problem with this big board, it's all preference. I am a Conley fan but he is not the elite PG prospect all of these drafts sites are making him out to be, I would not be shocked if he is not the first PG taken. This could all be smoke, but you never know.
take Acie at 11. anything earlier is horrible, and i personally love conley. i think he's going to be a stud. very, very, very high basketball IQ.
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ramon Sessions woo...haha...getting my hopes up already....

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post

1) Acie Law
2) Javarris Crittenton
3) Mike Conley Jr.

Ugh... This can go so many different ways...

1) The Hawks think that Acie Law is the best prospect.
2) They could be posturing...
3) Billy Knight bungling the draft again...